forum

ZUN - Doll Judgment ~ The Girl Who Played with People's Sha

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Zekira
Took many of those except for the offscreen part; they don't look like they're offscreen on play... have to get others' opinion on this though.

ZekiraEDIT: 02:21:081 (4,5,6,7,8) - can't you just make this note-note-slider? 5 notes is too much imo

FrionelEDIT: OK then.
Breeze
OK mod start go go go~
recongnized DJpop marisa lol

[General]
  1. To all diffculties : no KIAI time, even no fountain here, consider add one?
[Normal]
  1. looked fine, except for some offscreen notes, like 00:39:004 (2), 00:51:471 (2), 01:53:029 (4) and so on...
    you could make them smooth curves, just suggestion
[Hard]
  1. raise OA 1 tick so that some previous notes didn't covered behind notes
  2. 01:35:144 (7) - new combo here maybe
  3. 02:14:847 (3) - that's it! you could change your offscreen notes in [norma]l used this style
[Lunatic]
  1. 00:49:718 (15) - delete this note maybe
have a star
Topic Starter
Zekira
Oh wow, awesome. Thanks so much! But, I really like the idea of putting a kiai here somewhere, but I just don't know where. Can someone suggest to me?

ZekiraEDIT: Don't ask me about that, I'm not really much of a kiai user too.

FrionelEDIT: Oh, it does seem like you only use kiai on Taiko maps :\

ZekiraEDIT: Shut up. D:
James2250
normal:
00:34:328 (1,2,3,4) - why not aligned?
00:46:795 (1,2,3,4) - ^
01:09:393 (3,4,5) - ^
02:00:042 (3,4,5) - ^
02:14:068 (1,2,3) - doesn't look good partly off grid
02:20:302 (1,2,3,4) - ^
02:26:536 (1,2) - ^
02:27:315 (2) - move to 02:27:120 (red tick)

hard:
01:35:497 (2,3,4) - not aligned
02:22:542 - add note?
there are still a few offgrid notes in this difficulty which I personally don't like but up to you I guess

Lunatic:
01:00:043 (4,5) - doens't look nice in editor
01:50:691 (4,5) - ^

I suppose if the notes play fine then it doesn't really matter I just thought I would mention them :P
*star*
Topic Starter
Zekira
ZekiraPOST: I fixed up those stuff for you Frionel, they were just alignment issues so I just fixed those for you.
Breeze
Recheck~:3

KIAI time suggestion : 00:53:030 - 01:17:965, 01:43:679 - 02:08:614
fountain suggestion : 00:53:030, 01:43:679, 02:08:614, 02:34:328

Choose some part then add KIAI time or fountain effect XD
no kds for this post
Topic Starter
Zekira
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Lokamp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Kytoxid
Very amusing, watching Zekira apparently have multiple personalities.

[General]

I'd recommend putting your own name in the tags. (I read Alice and immediately thought the osu! one instead of the Touhou one)

It might sound nicer if the MP3 was just silenced past 02:34:230 or so. The extra section coming in for only one note doesn't seem worth it.

Hyphenate the source: "Touhou 7 - Perfect Cherry Blossom" (just done by convention, I guess, most ZUN maps currently either are like this or have just the name "Perfect Cherry Blossom".)

[Normal]

I think this needs to be easier, or you'll need an easier difficulty. The spacing is too wide and the notes come too quickly (both in terms of OD and rate of note placement) for an easy Normal. At least the circles are big. XD

01:16:991 (1) - A bit fast for the easiest difficulty.
02:07:640 (1) - ^
02:27:120 - Kinda feels like there should be a note here.

[Hard]

Cool.

[Lunatic]

I felt that some of the notes were added just for the sake of extra difficulty, rather than as a part of a general mapping style or musical pattern. (e.g. 01:03:452 (3))

02:34:328 (12) - New combo, if you choose to keep this note.

Nice maps overall, star~
Topic Starter
Zekira
Ah, thanks for the mods.
Tanmak
Hello~ ^.^

[Normal]
02:09:685 (2) Forward(white tick) 1/4

[Lunatic]
01:11:536 (5) Sound is strange. D: (Timing match is unfit)
02:02:185 (5) ^

Starred~!
Topic Starter
Zekira
Ah, thanks, though I didn't take those in Lunatic since I like how weird it turned out...

ZekiraEDIT: More like you really can't touch that part seeing as how it's based off something else.

FrionelEDIT: Uh... what?
bmin11
Very amusing, watching Zekira apparently have multiple personalities.
[General]
Oh wow, you have a similar mapping style with Zekira (surprized on that 5 shaped stream).
01:43:679 (3) - I don't get this timing section. It could just be a green line

[Lunatic]
Just got it from AI modding
02:22:445 (7,8,9) - spacing (ha... haha)

Well you know what? You have some good sense on hitsounds. I was afraid to mod this map when I told this wasn't Zekira's map. I can't stand map with miss-used hitsounds. Anyway, I see some potential. Good luck with your map Frionel :D

P.S. What happens if you shoot pink stars with Zekira's account? :?
Topic Starter
Zekira
The red timing point there is for the offset resets.

About the style... uh well, since I'm a bit of an inexperienced mapper, most of the recommendations I got was from Zekira himself. And since both of our note patterns (beat-wise) are greatly influenced by our Taiko senses, the spacing style kind of really fitted me as well. Yeah, I received major help from him.

Thanks the for the mod btw ^^
AngelHoney
nice map :) :)

star~
Gens
Could use an easier difficulty.

[Hard]

01:36:276 (5) - to the right a grid

I don't tend to be nazi but this map is near perfection, so why not make it even more? :)

[Lunatic]

02:21:081 (4,5,6) - Maybe delete those two beats and just extend the slider? I hope you can understand.

Also, I'm a bit wary about protobubbling this since it's not your map... but I guess as long as the original mapper doesn't have an account it should be alright. At least from what I can understand. :?

Other than that, the map is pretty awesome. Good job. :)
Topic Starter
Zekira
ZekiraPOST: Alright I fixed those myself. It's kinda shameful I can't p-bubble it on my own since it's under my name ;\;\;\;\
NoHitter
Normal
00:58:848 (8,1,2) - Wouldn't it be better if the combo is (1,2,3) or (8,9,1)?
02:22:640 (3,4) - Overlapping sliders are ugly IMO.

Hard
02:09:685 (2) - Move 1/4 back?
02:22:153 (6) - ^
I might have missed some notes similar to the above.

Lunatic
00:54:101 (5) - Move 1/4 back?
01:06:569 (6) - ^
01:44:750 (5) - ^
01:57:217 (6) - ^
Topic Starter
Zekira
gdeath
fine to me
star
Cyclone
I've thought about this regarding any touhou song. The source should simply be Touhou. "Touhou 7 - Perfect Cherry Blossom" is way too long.
Topic Starter
Zekira
Alright, changing it, and putting PCB on the tags
Doomsday
Hi ZekiraFrionel

1. Timing looks good
[NORMAL]

Seems fine

[HARD]

01:30:432 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 etc.) - The way these are layed out in rows is a bit dull. Why don't you spruce it up a bit, and put the in more interesting shapes and such.

[LUNATIC]

00:21:666 (16,1) - I really don't like this jump. All of a sudden you have to jump across the screen and it feels a bit jarring to me. I'd close this gap up if you can.
00:27:900 (16,1) - ^
01:11:536 (5) - I see you are mimicking DJPop's Marisa map here. if so, you should put a beat here, and push the slider 1/2 forward (and make it 1/2 shorter if you do this.)
02:02:185 (5) - ^

Not bad. The only real issue I have are those jumps. Ill be willing to P-bubble once you sort those out

starred
Topic Starter
Zekira
01:11:536 (5) - I see you are mimicking DJPop's Marisa map here. if so, you should put a beat here, and push the slider 1/2 forward (and make it 1/2 shorter if you do this.)
02:02:185 (5) - ^
Um...

http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2384

...in short, I'm retaining it~

Fixed up the others though.
Doomsday
Ehh. I could've sworn it was like that. I derped, nevermind

Those jumps are more bearable now, which is nice. I guess this checks out then

Protobubbled
Xgor
Topic Starter
Zekira
Andrea
[Overall]

Change the 2nd offset to 103.680 and resnap all notes.

Remove the file .osb from the folder and do a full submit.
Andrea
Bubbled.
Topic Starter
Zekira
ZekiraPOST: It's a bit troublesome how the .osb just keeps appearing everytime I try to save it :\ but since it's 197bytes, I think it can be ignored then... please? :)
CheeseWarlock
;__;

[Hard]
01:39:783 (1,2,3,4,1) - This bit saddens me so much. It plays badly in standard due to being a cluster of ugliness in an otherwise nicely spaced map, and even worse in Taiko. I got a D on [Hard] and a C on [Lunatic] on Taiko, and I blame it entirely on these notes because I was expecting patterns like that on [Lunatic].

(sidenote: I'm not very good at Taiko)

I won't pop the bubble because of this, but I would much rather see it changed.

Oh, and delete the second red section by 1 while you're at it (and resnap). IT'S OFF BY A MILLISECOND THIS IS UNFORGIVABLE POP POP POP
Topic Starter
Zekira
ZekiraPOST: Maah, op111, I knew I should've let it stay that way T_T I'd follow CW's advise here. In any case, changing that timing section anyway, and the notes on Hard (with Frionel's approval)
CheeseWarlock
<3

Well, bubble. But still.
Andrea
Seems to be ready for rank now.

Ranked.
Gabi
this title is so long, it should have been shortened
Topic Starter
Zekira
LOL I wonder how many more Hidden scores will have missed the last note XD