forum

opsu! - an open-source osu! client (UNOFFICIAL)

posted
Total Posts
show more
lanodan
When i've tried to use it it doesn't extract the .osz files so I've tried with unar(open almost every archive).

For users of debian-like systems(Ubuntu, Mint, …):
$ sudo apt-get install unar
$ cd ~/Songs
I Assume Songs is in your home directory.
$ unar path/to/file.osz
(if you use a graphical file manager with most of them drag and drop in the terminal window paste the filepath)
Topic Starter
euphyy_old
New Release: v0.3.0

Features:
  1. Added support for loading beatmap skins.
  2. Added a module for unpacking OSZ archives.
  3. Added a splash screen for loading resources.
  4. Added options for global fixed difficulty settings (CS, HP, AR, OD).
  5. Added some missing keyboard shortcuts.
Fixes:
  1. Corrected "Hard Rock" difficulty modifiers.
  2. Further fixes in beatmap parser.

lanodan wrote:

When i've tried to use it it doesn't extract the .osz files so I've tried with unar(open almost every archive).
Thanks for the post! I've added OSZ unpacking now, so you can place any song archives in the root folder and they'll be automatically unpacked into the song directory. (You can change the OSZ loading directory in the configuration file.)

NikWillOrStuff wrote:

it's still not opening for me :(
here's my log http://puu.sh/9XWU1.txt
If another program on your computer is using port 49250, try changing opsu!'s port in the configuration file. It's more likely that there's another program instance running, though.

yuanzongli wrote:

The Java file doesn't do anything else except creating a *.cfg and *.log file in the osu path folder(where I put the *.jar file).
My mistake, apparently the JAR won't run from the program folder. I couldn't figure out why this happens, but will let you know if I come across anything in the future. The program should still run from elsewhere.

Full Tablet wrote:

It takes about 1 hour to load (with no indication it is loading besides the process and the hard drive activity)
The splash screen displays the current progress, so this shouldn't be as large of an issue now.
irissystem
I've reported an issue on GitHub related to game sounds not loading correctly.
Raymonf
This is genius. Absolutely genius.

But didn't JLayer have a MP3 playing function?
- Marco -

there is this problem with HR

Also there is a problem with my hp bar and ranking pannel (those color are my 300/100/50s)

Topic Starter
euphyy_old

ch1zuru wrote:

I've reported an issue on GitHub related to game sounds not loading correctly.
See my reply in the issue. In summary, I attempted to fix the crashes, but getting Java Sound to actually work in Linux seems near-impossible.

iceblade112 wrote:

But didn't JLayer have a MP3 playing function?
It does, but library's players have minimal functionality (e.g. no built in methods for seeking, getting track position, pausing, setting volume, etc.). It seems possible to stream decoded frames into OpenAL, but I really don't know how I'd do it.

marcostudios wrote:

Also there is a problem with my hp bar and ranking pannel (those color are my 300/100/50s)
I fixed the positioning of the mod icons in 331f374. I'm not sure how osu! is able to position scorebar-colour, since I couldn't find any patterns in dimensions of the scorebar images (if you know anything, that'd be helpful). As for the ranking panel, I can't tell what the problem is...
kaminishi_old
Good job, I always dreamed an opensource osu! clone to be created.
- Marco -

marcostudios wrote:

I fixed the positioning of the mod icons in 331f374. I'm not sure how osu! is able to position scorebar-colour, since I couldn't find any patterns in dimensions of the scorebar images (if you know anything, that'd be helpful). As for the ranking panel, I can't tell what the problem is...[/quote]

I'm sorry, probably ask a osu!developer for that, i don't know :c
Topic Starter
euphyy_old
New Release: v0.3.1

Features:
  1. Saving/loading from checkpoints: CTRL+S and CTRL+L, respectively (or see options screen).
  2. General song menu improvements.
  3. Cursor updates (scaling, rotating, expanding).
Fixes:
  1. Disabled sound effects in Linux by default due to driver issues. This fixes critical sound problems (i.e. tracks not loading at all) and resolves ch1zuru's report.
  2. Improved the positioning and rendering of various menu and game elements.
  3. Window size is now limited by screen resolution.
  4. Search textfield now properly retains focus.
xasuma
-I can't tell if this happens with all songs, but it is very noticeable in some. Where the timing of beatmaps is off. Very off sometimes (almost 1 second) . The original beatmaps are timed perfectly I am sure of that.
-Also, I mange to crash the game by pressing the left/right arrow quickly in the song selection screen.

I think the approach rate looks slightly clunky, I am not sure what it is but it isn't quite smooth to play regardless of the fps.

Keep it up! I ll keep trying new versions and keep trying to help you find bugs. :)
Lanturn
So I opened up opsu directly after downloading it, and it opened all of the .osz files I had in my download folder (which of course was where opsu got saved to when I clicked download) since I have my puush set to open (it downloads .osz) files when I upload them and it overwrote a ton of my local beatmaps and online beatmaps before their updates.

This was very very frustrating as I literally lost 2 minutes off my marathon map I was working on as well as a lot of storyboard stuff, and progress on my other maps that I was showing to other people.

A program like this should have no reason to open .osz files (unless manually added) in my honest opinion. osu! doesn't even read from anything but the songs folder.
Raymonf
I did a pull request that changes the logo clicking thing.
https://github.com/itdelatrisu/opsu/pull/2

If you click the logo and then again on the real osu!, it brings you to the Play menu.

Oh, and I get a nullpointerexception if I don't comment out lines 138 and 139 on OsuGroupList.java.
if (node.index == expandedIndex)  // don't choose an expanded group node
node = node.next;
Topic Starter
euphyy_old
I was out of town for the weekend, so I apologize for the late replies. I addressed many of the issues above in 943c2af.

xasuma wrote:

1. I'm really stumped about why the timings are so far off between different beatmaps. In my tests, most songs are playable with an offset somewhere between -150 ~ -50 ms, but I'm aware that this will vary by machine and it's a much larger range than I'm satisfied with. Sorry that I can't offer any solution at the moment.
  2. I couldn't reproduce the crash, but I probably fixed it in the revision linked above.
  3. Can you expand on "clunky"? If you're referring to the scaling factor of the approach circles, I'm aware that it's currently wrong (capped at 3x size, whereas I think osu! follows an unbounded formula). Suggestions are appreciated!

Lanturn wrote:

I'm sorry for the inconvenience; I don't know anything about mapping, so the possibility of that situation didn't occur to me. I've changed the default OSZ directory to a new folder ("SongPacks"), so hopefully this won't happen to anyone else. Again, I'm really sorry for all the issues this caused for you.

iceblade112 wrote:

I've merged your pull request; thanks for contributing! I probably fixed the null pointer in the commit above, but let me know if that doesn't do it (since I didn't actually reproduce the error).
formi
Could you please add a feature to change Keybindings or at least adjust them to the layout used by the OS?
Basically it's pretty much unplayable with a QWERTZ layout.
Topic Starter
euphyy_old
New Release: v0.3.2

Features:
  1. Improved search: added support for conditional expressions, and subsequent terms now limit the existing result list (instead of further expanding it).
  2. Added "Easy" mod.
  3. Added a progress bar in the splash screen (new default).
  4. Added a yellow progress circle during song lead-in time.
  5. Game keys (default Z/X) are now configurable.
  6. Added "Length" sort tab.
Fixes:
  1. Eliminated delays when quickly switching between songs in the "Song Select" menu.
  2. Changed default OSZ unpacking location to a "SongPacks" directory to prevent unintended unpacking.
  3. Input controls in the "Game Paused/Fail" menu are now identical to game controls.
  4. Fixed difficulty settings are no longer affected by game mods.
  5. Slider scoring now properly handles repeats.
  6. Fixed a handful of errors in corner cases.
I also did a lot of refactoring, for those of you interested in the source code.

formi wrote:

Could you please add a feature to change Keybindings or at least adjust them to the layout used by the OS?
Done.
formi
Can't import Beatmaps anymore.
It starts with default settings, but when i change the Beatmaps' folder it just doesn't work.

Sat Jul 19 08:34:26 CEST 2014 WARN:Format error in options file.
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "0,0"
at sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.readJavaFormatString(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Float.parseFloat(Unknown Source)
at itdelatrisu.opsu.states.Options.parseOptions(Options.java:1359)
at itdelatrisu.opsu.Opsu.main(Opsu.java:112)
Sat Jul 19 08:34:29 CEST 2014 ERROR:** Uncaught Exception! **
Sat Jul 19 08:34:29 CEST 2014 ERROR:5
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 5
at itdelatrisu.opsu.OsuParser.parseFile(OsuParser.java:395)
at itdelatrisu.opsu.OsuParser.parseAllFiles(OsuParser.java:90)
at itdelatrisu.opsu.states.Splash$1.run(Splash.java:123)
Topic Starter
euphyy_old

formi wrote:

I updated the release (commit), so try re-downloading. The first error is related to locales (why Java's "Float" class doesn't handle this internally is beyond me), and the second is (I think) a typo on my part, but let me know if it's not fixed.
unko
java :x
Kinac
Noob question, but where Is the opsu.jar file? I can't find anything called opsu in the opsu-master folder.
formi

Kinac wrote:

Noob question, but where Is the opsu.jar file? I can't find anything called opsu in the opsu-master folder.
just download the release (opsu-0.3.2.jar)
https://github.com/itdelatrisu/opsu/releases/
E m i l i a
is this another "osu"-like game?
and if i'm not mistaken, peppy has planned to outsource osu @_@
unko
it just hangs on loading beatmaps about 75% through for me
Thu Jul 24 11:34:19 BST 2014 ERROR:** Uncaught Exception! **
Thu Jul 24 11:34:19 BST 2014 ERROR:multiple points
java.lang.NumberFormatException: multiple points
at java.lang.Float.parseFloat(Unknown Source)
at itdelatrisu.opsu.OsuTimingPoint.<init>(OsuTimingPoint.java:92)
at itdelatrisu.opsu.OsuParser.parseFile(OsuParser.java:325)
at itdelatrisu.opsu.OsuParser.parseAllFiles(OsuParser.java:90)
at itdelatrisu.opsu.states.Splash$1.run(Splash.java:123)
again java = bleeeeh
dl4me

xNousagi wrote:

is this another "osu"-like game?
and if i'm not mistaken, peppy has planned to outsource osu @_@
Are you bad at reading or something?
Topic Starter
euphyy_old

nookls wrote:

...okay. Instead of adding extra parser checks as I've previously done, I've decided to just catch all bad input in 83e4860 (binary). Although there's absolutely no reason for there to be a decimal point error in a generated beatmap file...

xNousagi wrote:

if i'm not mistaken, peppy has planned to outsource osu @_@
I think you mean "open-source". ^.^
nookls wrote:

again java = bleeeeh
One exception doesn't mean Java is a crap. It's a great language, faster than C#, and little slower than C++. I think you know Java is slow from badly written Minecraft :)
Howl
Uhm... May this can help you to avoid converting mp3 to wav? http://openinnowhere.sourceforge.net/lameonj/
LoYiKe
It's great I can play osu on my crapy eeepc with linux.

I'm c# guy and I think java is really fine.
ErunamoJAZZ
the real solution is not converting mp3 -> wav... is play mp3. Try using libav/ffmpeg.
Howl

ErunamoJAZZ wrote:

the real solution is not converting mp3 -> wav... is play mp3. Try using libav/ffmpeg.
what did I say?

Howl wrote:

Uhm... May this can help you to avoid converting mp3 to wav? http://openinnowhere.sourceforge.net/lameonj/
Rirakusu
Great work (although the slider issue is quite disappointing)! Will you add the beatmap editor in the future?
- Marco -
How about an opsu! updater? :D
dkun
Kudos on your hard work so far! I'd love to see where this goes.
Nekiluz
how can i run it on a blackberry?
Topic Starter
euphyy_old
Hey everyone! I apologize for the necro, but just letting you all know this project hasn't completely died yet. I pushed a lot of updates over the past few weeks, with significant memory and stability improvements, graphical polishing, many new features, and code enhancements.

Release: v0.4.0

The full changelogs are on GitHub, but these are some of the highlights since I last posted:
  1. Memory reductions: With ~1000 beatmaps, opsu! uses about 50% less memory than in the previous version (so it's now comparable to osu!).
  2. Error handling: Along with better error checking, there's now a dialogue box that should appear whenever an error occurs with the exception and a prompt to report it.
  3. Visuals: Lots of tweaks. Most noticeably, there are hover effects on almost all menu elements now, so everything feels a lot more interactive.
  4. Beatmap loading: For those who had trouble with the (still relatively slow) beatmap parser, you can now press 'Esc' to interrupt the parser and run the game with the currently loaded maps. You can also press 'F5' in the song menu to reload maps (including new ones). It's also possible to restart the program from the options menu by pressing 'Ctrl+Shift+F5', without needing to reload any beatmaps.
  5. Development-related: opsu! is now distributed as a Maven project (thanks to Tillerino), and I rewrote parts of JarSplice to allow automatically building the standalone JARs; it only takes a single command to compile, run, or package the source code now (if you're interested, instructions are listed on the readme page). I also cleaned and rewrote a lot of the code, so it's far better organized.
Again, I can't really guarantee that I'll be able to keep working on this -- I'm just doing it for fun now, and I'm pretty busy at school -- but feel free to leave any comments!
Itachi17
New version of your app doesnt work for me. The older one(I think it was 0.3.2 or so) was functional but only in home directory.(The Songs and Skins folders must be in home directory. I dont remember if the app itselft must be in home directory.)

This is the output:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: itdelatrisu/opsu/Opsu : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:643)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:277)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:73)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:212)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:323)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:268)
Could not find the main class: itdelatrisu.opsu.Opsu. Program will exit.

Im using GNU/Linux Ubuntu 14.04.
Itachi17 wrote:

New version of your app doesnt work for me. The older one(I think it was 0.3.2 or so) was functional but only in home directory.(The Songs and Skins folders must be in home directory. I dont remember if the app itselft must be in home directory.)

This is the output:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: itdelatrisu/opsu/Opsu : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:643)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:277)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:73)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:212)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:323)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:268)
Could not find the main class: itdelatrisu.opsu.Opsu. Program will exit.

Im using GNU/Linux Ubuntu 14.04.
Use newer Java
To Author: Have you done the circular curve alghorithm?
Itachi17

LudziE12 wrote:

Use newer Java
Thanks now it works.
Topic Starter
euphyy_old

LudziE12 wrote:

No, I haven't. I haven't really been focusing on the sliders since I really don't have any idea how osu! implements them. x.x
When i started working with my clone here: https://github.com/LudziE12/josu i first tried to make that alghorithm. You can found it there (not ended). Maybe tomorrow i will push working one.
Asuka-_old_1
Good work! Is there any way to change the resolution? :oops:
show more