forum

opsu! - an open-source osu! client (UNOFFICIAL)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Howl

euphyy wrote:

doomed151 wrote:

May I suggest a new feature: local (per-map) offsets. This is particularly useful for Android since music offset is not the same across different maps.
That's possible. Where would you place that option, though?
The feature already is inside osu!. You can change the local offset of a map by using +/- on your keyboard while the map is being played, so why not make it similiar to how osu! does it?
Hot Loli
Well, it playing stable on my Xiaomi Redmi 1s (snapdragon 400 + adreno 305)
For example, osu!droid laggy for me.
But... it feels like music is going some little ahead circles. just very little ahead. but thats enough to play some discomfortable.
Is there any chance to edit delay in ms? like in desktop official ver
/udp
well, found .opsu.cfg in main SD directory, there was offset -75. set it to 0 and game now looks better. for what reason developer set it to -75 - only he knows :D

marcostudios wrote:

Can't open if i pasted on my osu! folder

Mon Jun 30 09:35:40 CEST 2014 ERROR:Unable to determine Slick build number
Mon Jun 30 09:35:40 CEST 2014 ERROR:Resource not found: icon16.png
java.lang.RuntimeException: Resource not found: icon16.png
at org.newdawn.slick.util.ResourceLoader.getResourceAsStream(ResourceLoader.java:69)
at org.newdawn.slick.AppGameContainer.setIcons(AppGameContainer.java:527)
at itdelatrisu.opsu.Opsu.main(Opsu.java:115)
Mon Jun 30 09:35:40 CEST 2014 ERROR:Error while creating game container.
Mon Jun 30 09:35:40 CEST 2014 ERROR:Failed to set the icon
org.newdawn.slick.SlickException: Failed to set the icon
at org.newdawn.slick.AppGameContainer.setIcons(AppGameContainer.java:530)
chong601

624338352 wrote:

marcostudios wrote:

Mon Jun 30 09:35:40 CEST 2014 ERROR:Unable to determine Slick build number
Mon Jun 30 09:35:40 CEST 2014 ERROR:Resource not found: icon16.png
java.lang.RuntimeException: Resource not found: icon16.png
at org.newdawn.slick.util.ResourceLoader.getResourceAsStream(ResourceLoader.java:69)
at org.newdawn.slick.AppGameContainer.setIcons(AppGameContainer.java:527)
Mon Jun 30 09:35:40 CEST 2014 ERROR:Error while creating game container.
Mon Jun 30 09:35:40 CEST 2014 ERROR:Failed to set the icon
org.newdawn.slick.SlickException: Failed to set the icon
at org.newdawn.slick.AppGameContainer.setIcons(AppGameContainer.java:530)
Please be aware that due to the way Java works (or any dependencies in opsu), opsu! will not run on any folder that contain "!" (exclaimation mark)...
Reha
how i can download and install?
Howl

RehaOyundaDegil wrote:

how i can download and install?
are you a troll or what? you posted in two open source threads asking for how to download and install. What about reading what's written in the OP?

go here: https://github.com/itdelatrisu/opsu/releases/ and download the latest release. Then, follow the instructions in the OP in the "Running" section.
Sendji
Hi. At first I would like to thank developers for this great port.It works flawless on my S5.

I have minute problem. I accidentally changed all settings by unexpected swipe over settings screen. Could you tell me how can I revert default settings? Thanks.

(It happened on my phone)

Nvm. I deleted .cfg file and opsu created a new one.

I have two other problems and both could be seen on the screen below.

>http://up.fastpoke.org/img/c2844e094e829c31ced2cad5ebd89dfd.png

First problem related to sliders. They look wrong. Excess circles appear through the sliders and reverse sliders.

Second problem is about the ball which appear instead of skin's "ring".

This is how it should look (screenshot from pc's original osu)

>http://up.fastpoke.org/img/c04faafdd6ac9b5b45c23b1bb6787ea3.png

Any ideas how I can terminate these issues?
Hydrixel
i copied skin as said on the instructions page... but their too big for the screen XD,, only the cursor, numbers, and some other elements resized automatically...
(I duuno how to add pictures in this forum.. i duno how to turn image to url)..... :!: :!: :? :shock: :shock: Help please
Hydrixel
it laggs soo much when spinners appear... but osudroid doesent have this problem.... :( :( :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Filament
no mouse sensitivity option? :o
Hydrixel
Opsu for android is what im referring to....: the spinner glitches/stops, and i cant complete a full turn :'( :( :( :( :shock:
chong601

Sendji wrote:

Hi. At first I would like to thank developers for this great port.It works flawless on my S5.

I have minute problem. I accidentally changed all settings by unexpected swipe over settings screen. Could you tell me how can I revert default settings? Thanks.

(It happened on my phone)

Nvm. I deleted .cfg file and opsu created a new one.

>http://up.fastpoke.org/img/c2844e094e829c31ced2cad5ebd89dfd.png

First problem related to sliders. They look wrong. Excess circles appear through the sliders and reverse sliders.

Second problem is about the ball which appear instead of skin's "ring".

This is how it should look (screenshot from pc's original osu)

>http://up.fastpoke.org/img/c04faafdd6ac9b5b45c23b1bb6787ea3.png

Any ideas how I can terminate these issues?
Sad to say that the slider pattern is actually intended... The only solution is use the best quality for slider rendering.
For the ball, i guess is that you didn't have the sliderball images copied to the Skins folder.

The slider rendering has been changed for the desktop version but only available on opsu-android as soon as fluddokt is free and merging changes to Android build...

Hydrixel wrote:

it laggs soo much when spinners appear... but osudroid doesent have this problem.... :( :( :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
What phone are you using? AFAIK, some phones does have issue with opsu!. S5, S6 and Note 4 to name a few....
Topic Starter
euphyy_old
Release: v0.10.1
Bug fix release (thanks to Bigpet!). This fixes a major rendering issue when playing with "Flashlight" and the new slider style enabled. I also updated all the project dependencies -- I haven't noticed any compatibility issues while testing, but let me know if something isn't working properly.

Howl wrote:

The feature already is inside osu!. You can change the local offset of a map by using +/- on your keyboard while the map is being played, so why not make it similiar to how osu! does it?
I might take a look later. The music offset option has an awful implementation right now, so changing offsets during gameplay might not even work without a complete overhaul...

624338352 wrote:

Blame Java. Nobody's ever going to fix that bug. /sigh

Sendji wrote:

They should both be resolved in the desktop version; the slider rendering was completely rewritten in version 0.10.0 (by Bigpet).

Hydrixel wrote:

i copied skin as said on the instructions page... but their too big for the screen XD,, only the cursor, numbers, and some other elements resized automatically...
Please report the issue (with screenshots) here so fluddokt can look at the issue. If it's also a problem in the desktop version, report it to me here instead.

Zeon013 wrote:

no mouse sensitivity option? :o
No idea how/if this can be done with LWJGL/Java.
Sendji

euphyy wrote:

Sendji wrote:

They should both be resolved in the desktop version; the slider rendering was completely rewritten in version 0.10.0 (by Bigpet).
Awesome! Waiting for the Android release.

Is the spinner bug going to be fixed? It freezes every 0.5 second after starting spinning.
rodrigez_BCL_

Hydrixel wrote:

Maybe its the OpenGL render, on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 it lags me but on my MetroPCs don't lags at all.
rodrigez_BCL_
It's on your future plan implement an online mode?
Howl

rodrigez_BCL_ wrote:

It's on your future plan implement an online mode?
We (me and euphyy) had a chat about this a few months ago. tl;dr of what he told me then: it would be pretty complicated to do. Although if a lot of people are willing to help, we can figure something out.
Xerath Solo Top
On opsu! android version, there's no hitsounds
i cant provide any logcat sorry.
Currently running CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) Sprout8 (Android One) Official Nightlies.
Sorry 4 my bad english XD
WasuraretaKioku

Xerath Solo Top wrote:

On opsu! android version, there's no hitsounds
i cant provide any logcat sorry.
Currently running CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) Sprout8 (Android One) Official Nightlies.
Sorry 4 my bad english XD

Fix for no hitsounds on CM12.1 / Android 5.1.1,
Go to Settings>Developer Options and find the option "Use AwesomePlayer (deprecated). Activate that then reboot.
Tadaaa~~~~ Problem Solved! (Don't forget to set the option "Disable All Sound Effects" to "No" on Opsu! Android.)
Hope it helps
Sorry for very bad english hahahaha
Xerath Solo Top
@WasuraretaKioku thank you! This actually solved my problem! You Rock XD!
Hot Loli
how can i play streams? (android)
chong601

Hot Loli wrote:

*facepalm*
just tap as fast as you can (or use a keyboard if you phone support USB On-the-Go)
Hot Loli

chong601 wrote:

Hot Loli wrote:

*facepalm*
just tap as fast as you can (or use a keyboard if you phone support USB On-the-Go)
ok, i'll rephrase my question. how can i stream with 2 fingers, not one. I tryed to play using one finger like a pen and two for tap but it didn't work. you advice me to play streams with 1 finger? mb you will advice me to play only mouse in pc version then?
Howl

Hot Loli wrote:

chong601 wrote:

*facepalm*
ok, i'll rephrase my question. how can i stream with 2 fingers, not one. I tryed to play using one finger like a pen and two for tap but it didn't work. you advice me to play streams with 1 finger? mb you will advice me to play only mouse in pc version then?
If you've got a screen big enough, you can try doing this.
chong601

Hot Loli wrote:

well only if you have big screen, then you can use 2 fingers to stream (7+ inch minimum, 10 inch recommended) or use a keyboard attached to your phone
Keep in mind because opsu-android have limitations that it only can register only one input at a time because ospu-android emulates touch input as mouse for now.
Hot Loli
Well then, i don't have tablet, just phone 4.7 inch. Waiting for another input method.
gintoki147
I love this project.
Personally, I think you should drop desktop support and focus only on the Android version. Too bad it's almost impossible to play streams on a touch screen. D:
Howl

gintoki147 wrote:

I love this project.
Personally, I think you should drop desktop support and focus only on the Android version. Too bad it's almost impossible to play streams on a touch screen. D:
I think you got the point wrong here. There is one guy working on the PC version, which is opsu! itself, and another one who is working on opsu! for android. I think euphyy (the creator and mantainer of the PC version) would rather carry on working on it for the PC version, while leaving everything related to the android version to fluddokt, the guy working on the android port.
Topic Starter
euphyy_old

Howl wrote:

gintoki147 wrote:

I love this project.
I think you got the point wrong here. There is one guy working on the PC version, which is opsu! itself, and another one who is working on opsu! for android. I think euphyy (the creator and mantainer of the PC version) would rather carry on working on it for the PC version, while leaving everything related to the android version to fluddokt, the guy working on the android port.
It seems that fluddokt has been even busier than I have lately, which is why the Android version hasn't been getting as many updates. (I don't blame him, since porting my changes can't be very interesting...) But it's all open source, so really anyone can take over if they want to.

A technical issue is the way the Android version is written. To actually get the program running on Android, fluddokt had to switch the game engine from Slick2D (simple, dead, and desktop-only) to libGDX. But instead of porting the source code, which would've taken a very long time, he's "faking" the Slick2D API and replacing the implementation of all referenced methods with libGDX code. It works, as you can tell, but comes with these large problems:
  1. If someone updates the Slick2D code and calls Slick2D methods not yet "faked", all of those methods need to be rewritten as well (which isn't always easy, or even possible).
  2. If anyone continues developing the libGDX code with pure libGDX calls, the source code will be a mess of mixed Slick2D/libGDX and merging changes from the Slick2D code will get significantly harder.
  3. Some desktop code needs to be rewritten to work at all on Android, which makes things even more complicated.
The only two choices I can see are to rewrite the project completely in pure libGDX (which nobody wants to do) or continue developing in Slick2D and porting the changes (which anyone can try to do, if they're up for it).

A more practical problem is that I don't actually own an Android device, so I'm not easily able to test anything for it.
chong601

euphyy wrote:

It seems that fluddokt has been even busier than I have lately, which is why the Android version hasn't been getting as many updates. (I don't blame him, since porting my changes can't be very interesting...) But it's all open source, so really anyone can take over if they want to.

A technical issue is the way the Android version is written. To actually get the program running on Android, fluddokt had to switch the game engine from Slick2D (simple, dead, and desktop-only) to libGDX. But instead of porting the source code, which would've taken a very long time, he's "faking" the Slick2D API and replacing the implementation of all referenced methods with libGDX code. It works, as you can tell, but comes with these large problems:
  1. If someone updates the Slick2D code and calls Slick2D methods not yet "faked", all of those methods need to be rewritten as well (which isn't always easy, or even possible).
  2. If anyone continues developing the libGDX code with pure libGDX calls, the source code will be a mess of mixed Slick2D/libGDX and merging changes from the Slick2D code will get significantly harder.
  3. Some desktop code needs to be rewritten to work at all on Android, which makes things even more complicated.
The only two choices I can see are to rewrite the project completely in pure libGDX (which nobody wants to do) or continue developing in Slick2D and porting the changes (which anyone can try to do, if they're up for it).

A more practical problem is that I don't actually own an Android device, so I'm not easily able to test anything for it.
Well, to be honest, I would support the choice to rewrite the entire game in libGDX.

Reasons are because of libGDX are targeted at making games on any platform as well as cleaner code base (as long we don't do much of editing and mucking around)
From my view, most of the game (map parser, objects, states (need confirming, yet to reach that part), sounds) itself can be retained as is, but the drawing part must be rebuilt to use libGDX platform.

Also, by changing to libGDX, the performance issues on opsu-android may be possible to be handled since there's no API faking going on everywhere as well as the desktop version which seems still have room for more improvement

For the part of rewriting, I might able to offer my help but because of my Java skill limitations (and the fact that libGDX documentation is quite lengthy, so it takes time for me to understand how the whole platform works for now), I might unable to handle the project on my own and have to keep up with RL stuff.
Topic Starter
euphyy_old

chong601 wrote:

I don't think there'd be any significant performance gains because opsu! isn't very resource-intensive anyway. There's also a lot of Slick-specific code in the states and audio, so there's more rewriting required than you'd expect. I'm not discouraging you from porting the code, but if you're willing to do that much, it might really be more worth your time to help fluddokt merge changes over to his fork. (Though the new slider rendering code might be a pain to move over there...)
Hydrixel
ummm is the spinner glitch for opsuandroid fixed? (using tablet btw) laggs for half a second
XinCrin

gintoki147 wrote:

I love this project.
Don't download 1/4 beatmaps then. Is that hard?
opsu! could need specific beatmaps for it, like osu! stream
AGRX

XinCrin wrote:

gintoki147 wrote:

I love this project.
Don't download 1/4 beatmaps then. Is that hard?
opsu! could need specific beatmaps for it, like osu! stream
im not a fan of touch screen osu but what about having bottom right corner of screen for tap overlay keys.
chong601

Agrrox wrote:

im not a fan of touch screen osu but what about having bottom right corner of screen for tap overlay keys.
tfw opsu!-android have no support of multitouch
XinCrin
Play streams is not fun in a touch screen imo.
chong601
play streams on a touchscreen to guide the cursor and use a keyboard to tap is fun imo.

but good luck getting used to the touchscreen delay
gintoki147
I don't know if this is a known issue, but still...
Even though I adjusted the music offset in the options menu, some songs are clearly out of sync with the objects, while others play just fine.
Maybe opsu! is not reading the beatmaps' offset correctly?

I'm playing on Android btw
Howl

gintoki147 wrote:

I don't know if this is a known issue, but still...
Even though I adjusted the music offset in the options menu, some songs are clearly out of sync with the objects, while others play just fine.
Maybe opsu! is not reading the beatmaps' offset correctly?

I'm playing on Android btw
Probably the beatmaps don't have a correct offset. A local offset feature (per-beatmap offset) has already been requested on this thread.
YangireKaito
I'm trying to find the Ios version.Does it work on ios?
show more