forum

Hovering Tablet.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[ Magical ]
Loves
No, just always hover the nib about 0.5 cm above the surface. This gives you no friction and is one of the main pro's of playing on a tablet.

You also spin hovering.
Flat_Stanley
You know I started using tablet at around rank 70k and now that I'm rank 7.5k, I still have trouble consistently hovering. I occasionally tap accidentally on the tablet but not very hard. Get used to hovering, if you don't want to keep replacing pen tips and have less performance.
Caam
people recommend hover but you don't have too
DeletedUser_4041880

Caam wrote:

People who don't hover pretty much burn through all their pen nibs pretty damn fast
Kaeru
Flying tablets? Damn.. what century did I wake up in this time?
xasuma
Holy hover tablet :o

Who cares about spinners, really.
tecu

Frostei wrote:

People who don't hover pretty much burn through all their pen nibs pretty damn fast
They cost hardly anything though.
EroPudding
i mostly drag on my tablet and there is hardly any damage done to the tablet and i never had to change the pen nib as it doesn't even show a sign of being worn out. but i know that most tablets are getting worn out pretty quick if you are dragging. but if you don't like to hover then there are tablets out there that doesn't get worn out so quick i've used mine for half a year now
meteor22
i don't hover ( i tap) and you don't even need a nib to use a pen

for those who did not know the signal comes from the pen itself, so it does not matter whether you have a nib or not.
Interdasting
If you have massive trouble w/ hovering, you can always just disable the mouse buttons
Ichi
Well in my case i have them disabled but sometimes the problem really is that the pen taps against the tablet and it slides so it gets me off aim and i dont really intend to even touch the tablet. That´s why im changing my pen grip atm..
Greust
I think 'dragging' is too harsh of a word :o I've dragged for months and I've never had to replace a nib, not as of yet anyway. I can hover, I just have a habit of putting my nib down on the tablet while playing faster maps e.e It's more of a light touch than a draaag..
Pettanko

Frostei wrote:

Caam wrote:

this statement is 100% false and if you are a hover player then you should be ashamed of spreading misinformation to the public

and if you drag then you are pressing way too hard on your tablet

dragging != pressing hard on the tablet like you're trying to draw

source: i don't hover
Aloha

Frostei wrote:

Caam wrote:

I use the eraser end of the pen to drag. I also put my mouse mat over my tablet. No damage whatsoever.
Rewben2

Pettanko wrote:

Frostei wrote:

this statement is 100% false and if you are a hover player then you should be ashamed of spreading misinformation to the public

and if you drag then you are pressing way too hard on your tablet

dragging != pressing hard on the tablet like you're trying to draw

source: i don't hover
It's not 100% false. It varies from person to person. I personally burnt through most of my nib after a few days when I got my tablet. You can't say it's completely false just because it doesn't happen to you.
Vuelo Eluko
this whole thread is an opinion battle. It's kind of hard to get into this topic...

that said, i hover 100% spinning streaming jumping doesnt matter. Although im more likely to accidentally tap during long, fast jumps like at the end of shotgun senorita, which can cost me the entire play if mouse buttons are enabled.
tecu

Rewben2 wrote:

It's not 100% false. It varies from person to person. I personally burnt through most of my nib after a few days when I got my tablet. You can't say it's completely false just because it doesn't happen to you.
It does vary from person to person. And it comes down to other factors as well. There are differences between nibs, and how long people keep wearing down a nib before exchanging it for a new one.

I personally find myself pressing the pen down pretty hard (especially when I'm nervous), yet I've only needed to change the nib once in the around 10k plays I've done on my tablet.
rev3rsor
I haven't played much with my tablet (extremely few plays) but from the few times I've tried, hovering feels a bit unnatural to me. Maybe I just expected to use a tablet/pen like I would with pen on paper (i.e. 'drag')...
Pettanko
in my experience of ~1.5 years hover and about 1-2 months drag, the main advantage of dragging as opposed to hovering is it allows your cursor to be somewhat stable even when you get extremely nervous while playing
ayumilovexd
i don't know where you learn this but what is hovering? you use your pinkie to touch the tablet instead?
but if you look at here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEuiXYtF2O4 0:45-0:55 you see that he is not even touching the pad but yet the pointer is spinning very fast
Kouya-

ayumilovexd wrote:

you use your pinkie to touch the tablet instead?
I still do this .