How to improve with a mouse/how pp works

posted
Total Posts
show more
Vuelo Eluko

niquer123 wrote:

I have a good mousepad, I think.However I feel like I'd need a really big one to have my sens at 1, so I'm going to go buy a bigger one later when i switch to 1.0.

You both have been a GREAT help thanks for the answers Senpaitachi :)!

Edit: is 1.0 still good with raw input on? and is it wrong to use mouse left click and x as clicking boutons ?

It hasn't even been 10 mins and i beat 3 highscore already !!!
just increase your DPI if you don't have enough room to play without 1.0. It's really preferable to use 1.0 in game.
Dexus
800 dpi is all you need really
Topic Starter
niquer123
Well those advices really helped so thanks to this awesome community !
Paizuri

niquer123 wrote:

Edit: is 1.0 still good with raw input on? and is it wrong to use mouse left click and x as clicking boutons ?
yep, leave raw input on. as for mouse click as K1 and x as K2: it's difficult to pull off, PeaChick is the only top player that does this i think. just do whatever you find fun, but it doesn't hurt to learn both z/x and click/x
Dexus
Tobe style? There's a couple players that do it, PeaChick is just the most notable.
B1rd
play how is most comfortable for you, playing with mouse clicks+keyboard taps is definitely viable. as mentioned, PeaChick does and he's a very high ranking player.

the best and most precise way to modify sensitivity is to have windows pointer speed at 6/11, osu! sensitivity at 1.0x and just modify the dpi of the mouse. A good sensitivity is somewhere under around 2000 (depending on screen resolution)

I'd recommend you get a different mouse if you want to play seriously, a mouse designed for MMOs isn't the best, and laser mice are inferior to optical mice.
Dexus
if you use raw input the windows speed setting gets ignored.
Topic Starter
niquer123
I recently came across the palm versus claw grip and was wondering what most of you guys were using ? do the pros use the claw grip ?
Bauxe

niquer123 wrote:

I recently came across the palm versus claw grip and was wondering what most of you guys were using ? do the pros use the claw grip ?
Play how you find it more comfortable. Everyone plays different, even the 'pros'.
Paizuri
it's preference

just do whatever you find most comfortable/able to move easily. i find palm easier to control though, claw feels pretty unnatural for me

you forgot about fingertip grip as well, try that out
kasdeya

B1rd wrote:

A good sensitivity is somewhere under around 2000 (depending on screen resolution)
2000 dpi.. lmao