forum

m-flo loves BoA - the Love Bug (PROJECT SUPERNOVA)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
eyup
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, 9 March 2008 at 3:36:38 PM

Artist: m-flo loves BoA
Title: the Love Bug
BPM: 117
Filesize: 3439kb
Play Time: 03:12
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (3.36 stars, 207 notes)
  2. Hard (4.68 stars, 325 notes)
Download: m-flo loves BoA - the Love Bug
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My contribution to Project Supernova. An easier difficulty (maybe even two) is in the works, but let me know what you think of this one in the meantime. It was tough cutting the mp3 to size but hopefully it's not too obvious, and the music is great fun to map to. I used 99% distance snap in this. Thanks to peppy for tweaking the offset. Enjoy!

EDIT1: Fixed red sliders going off screen - thanks EiJi for pointing that out. Will also be adding custom soundset and BG later.

EDIT2: [Normal] added. Reuploaded with BG (thanks chan), matching colour scheme and custom soundset. Soundset only changes hitsounds, with two of them from LuigiHann's EBO plus the clap sound from EBA as the finish. IMO this arrangement should be default on EBO but I think Luigi is sick of me dissing the sounds on his skin so I won't say any more!

EDIT3: Added more ♥'s (thanks peppy)! Tweaked finishes as well - I love the double claps :) This map is now fully finished.
EiJi
Red 5 slider @ 1.30.59 goes off the screen.

Other than that, looks great. I was heading to bed when I saw this, so I snagged it real quick. Didn't check timing, but everything sounded fine. I'd bubble this as is, but since you're making easier version, no need.
chan
Normal and hard look good, don't think you really need an easy version unless you want to go ahead with it.

I didn't really like the beats on Verbals phrases such as "What more can I say?" and "Saturday ... Saranghae", they kinda threw me off, but I guess that's the actual rhythm of it, so I probably have to deal with that.

Wasn't too keen on having identical background and beat color schemes, but they do match. Without going over this with my usual scrutiny, I'm happy to rank this.
James
Almost fullcomboed the hard difficulty on third try the only one I've missed is the number 7 in 2:50:73. I didn't see it coming maybe because its stacked with the 6 and the bg it places to has the same color, but I guess its overlookable though. I think.
Topic Starter
eyup
Yeah that's one of the "traps" I like to put in my Hard or Insane maps, along with the last note ;) It's not a particularly hard map (even though it's 4.6 stars) so I expect quite a few people S ranking it, hence calling it Hard not Insane.
James
Yeah, I fell on that "trap" thrice now, while doing a fullcombo :)

I won't rank it yet though, I just want to know other people think of the "trap" you set it for us :P

Or other mods may rank it themselves.
Rolled
I did not fall into that trap. Had to actually go into edit mode just to see what you were talking about :P

I FCed first try, so I approve of this song. Very nice job eyup. Fun to play.

I also have a stronger liking towards M-flo because of the Rappers Delight tidbit in this song :o Thumbs up.
JustFloris
Easy map to charge you'r skills in harder maps!
- Yuuto -