forum

Where did you guys get your avatars???

posted
Total Posts
show more
[ Pingu ]
Google images -> Photoshop -> Done.

I have a Graphics thread and so do a whole load of others. :)
hersa37
screenshots of animes I watch, then re-sized
Tuxxy_old
Trauter
Google > Gimp/Photoshop > Magic > Avatar
DeletedUser_4041880
Get rid of the pixelated avatar ASAP
Kouya-

Trauter wrote:

Google > Gimp/Photoshop > Magic > Avatar
For me it's

Google> PicMonkey (For Cropping, Filters, and transparent stuff) > Photoshop > Look up cool texts > Back to Photoshop > Magic > Avatar

The one I have on now was by Miyu, which I requested on the art forums ~
K E N N

SupaWolfTiga wrote:

For me it's

Google> PicMonkey (For Cropping, Filters, and transparent stuff) > Photoshop > Look up cool texts > Back to Photoshop > Magic > Avatar

The one I have on now was by Miyu, which I requested on the art forums ~
So that's how you make them look so cool.
Granger
Why would you use a online editor when you got photoshop (or any other decent editor) though?
Kouya-

Granger wrote:

Why would you use a online editor when you got photoshop (or any other decent editor) though?
Because I'm lazy and I'm a noob at photoshopping .3.
Secretpipe
Download Photoshop and watch tutorials on Youtube
Easy.
TakuMii
I usually just take a random pic from the internet and crop it. Sometimes, I can't find a satisfactory pic of a character I like, so I end up screenshotting the anime and doing the transparency myself.
My current one was a request though.
K E N N

SupaWolfTiga wrote:

I forgot to mention that you were.
leepdesu
SNB did my avatar.
Seriously just do an online search and use paint if no photoshop. That's what I did for the past 2years.
Maxis

-LeeP- wrote:

SNB did my avatar.
Seriously just do an online search and use paint if no photoshop. That's what I did for the past 2years.
You can also use Paint.NET (what I currently use), free but can be nearly as powerful as Photoshop if you get the right plugins.

Never used Gimp but I heard that's pretty good too for free options.
Granger

Maxis wrote:

nearly as powerful as Photoshop if you get the right plugins.
Which plugins are you using?
Yaiishi
I just make my own with Photoshop. I'm not very good though.
Lanturn
I make all mine and some for my friends through Photoshop.
Toukai
I make mine and make avatars for people too
Kouya-

K E N N wrote:

SupaWolfTiga wrote:

I forgot to mention that you were.
Oh, that's quite alright .

I already knew that myself ~
Lybydose
The Internet
Garygoh884
I got my own avatar from the Skylanders official Facebook page, after minutes of image editing work.
Makan1
google > lovelive, umi> puush what I want>select
Maxis

Granger wrote:

Maxis wrote:

nearly as powerful as Photoshop if you get the right plugins.
Which plugins are you using?
That was more of a general statement, I have a lot of plugins and plugin packs right now (a bit too much to list) and not even everything I want yet, honestly I just go here if I'm looking for more and get things that interest me, or if I need something specifically I google around until I find either a tutorial for what I want to do or a plugin that'll do the job for me.

My point is less 'find the right plugins' and more 'Paint.NET can become powerful/limitless because of plugins.'

Again I don't have much experience in other image editors (haven't personally used Gimp, haven't personally used Photoshop, etc.), so I'm not sure if this can also apply to other image editors as well.

(sorry for vague response lol)
Filthy Casual
Horo made this on stream on day :3c
Witch Mercy
I can make you one if you still need an avatar~
Granger

Maxis wrote:

That was more of a general statement, I have a lot of plugins and plugin packs right now (a bit too much to list) and not even everything I want yet, honestly I just go here if I'm looking for more and get things that interest me, or if I need something specifically I google around until I find either a tutorial for what I want to do or a plugin that'll do the job for me.

My point is less 'find the right plugins' and more 'Paint.NET can become powerful/limitless because of plugins.'

Again I don't have much experience in other image editors (haven't personally used Gimp, haven't personally used Photoshop, etc.), so I'm not sure if this can also apply to other image editors as well.

Ah, i know about paint.NET's potential, but i need some more (better) plugins as i noticed the few i have installed arent enough anymore. Thought that you maybe could list me a few of your fav ones. ^-^
burningapple
an birthday gift.
not.

miranda sings, yo.
Maxis

Granger wrote:

Maxis wrote:

Ah, i know about paint.NET's potential, but i need some more (better) plugins as i noticed the few i have installed arent enough anymore. Thought that you maybe could list me a few of your fav ones. ^-^
Hmm, well off the top of my head, some I use most often are...

Grim Color Reaper is helpful for cropping simple background images.

Similarly if you're doing a lot of cropping work, this Feather plugin is good to hide bad cropping.

Alpha Mask I use a lot for making gradient text and such without ruining the antialiasing on the text (I'm sure it has more uses than that, but still trying to experiment with it).

BoltBait and pyrochild have some interesting plugin packs which add lots of cool extra effects that I tend to use from a lot.

For making rounded corners (for osu! avatars, obviously) I tend to use Radius Fill Corners, then increase canvas size, delete extra white space, then an Outline Object effect (either from both plugin packs mentioned above) to make an outline for said image edges.

Those are just a few I tend to use a lot that I can think of right now (they're all kind of common too so I won't be surprised if you already have them lol), I'll let you know if I find some more worth giving a special mention.^^
SaintsOfLA
My friend from another game drew it for me :)

Based off the background of a different picture e.e
Vuelo Eluko
its the quick brown fox

<3 renard
Rio-
I usually search for Avatars source (or other graphics source) from danbooru & Zerochan (ofc I do the edit myself in Photoshop)

EDIT : danbooru is a "questionable" site, I suggest You don't access this site if You're still underage
kirueggy
Neptunia the Animation episode 2 :P
Ryu Sei
Snapshot from VLC
Lewder
only finns know
only kuvalauta finns know
Topic Starter
MoeMoeOrRiot

Graciee wrote:

I can make you one if you still need an avatar~
Oh yeah that would be awesome. you can add me on skype. Easier to msg there. Username: stian.nordvik2
Topic Starter
MoeMoeOrRiot

Chamelo_Th wrote:

Own avatar like the one with the username on it? Follow the list below here:

1. Find a picture of your choice.
2. Go here
3. You can take a look at some artist's thread and see if they're available or not. DO NOT make a new thread to request an art there.
4. Once you've chosen an artist. Read the rule carefully before make any request.
5. ???
6. Profit!
Thx for the info :)
Zilent_old
I just made mine this morning ;)
Elit3Blaze
Just photoshop something by trial and error :3
Yuuribo
a lot of people here got their avatars from the Art Forum,if i'm not mistaken.
i on the other hand,get avatars all around the internet. cropping a few pixels,and there.
Narthy
got my avatar from google images :3 and edited in picasa
show more