forum

New to the game! Hello!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Worst Aim NA
Hello fellow Osu! players. :D I am Azhadi and am very new to the game. Osu! is the first rhythm game I've played despite being quite musically talented and so far I am loving it! I've been watching streams for months and just this week started playing. Seems like I am progression fairly fast but possibly due to already sort of knowing what difficulty to start off with and having hundreds of maps already downloaded.

I am looking for some people to play Multi with as from what I've seen on streams Multi is a great way to meet people and get better at the game. :D I'll be on all weekend so feel free to add me and lets play :D I'd prefer other people who are playing the same difficulty maps as me which is Normal's with mods on (Racing through the Ranks with these) but mostly Hard's currently seem to be what I am passing and failing so Hard seems to be what I will get better faster with. :)
Zalaria
Multiplayer is indeed a great way to meet new people, though I personally stay away from mp because I'm pretty bad lol ^^; (well at least I think so) I wouldn't mind at all playing some normals/hards with ya ^^ I will pretty much play anything from easy to insane since I kinda stopped playing for ranks hahaha xD Just a casual player now lol
Ring Suzune
Welcome c:
EliteFourLance
Welcome to the Osu Forums! Feel free to add me in game if you have any questions! :D

Shakeson
Welcome! If I can offer any advice it's to avoid rushing through the easy songs to get to harder ones. Don't rush your progress too much, especially now since you're just starting out :P Have fun
Topic Starter
Worst Aim NA

Shakeson wrote:

Welcome! If I can offer any advice it's to avoid rushing through the easy songs to get to harder ones. Don't rush your progress too much, especially now since you're just starting out :P Have fun
Thanks :) Well I am not sure if I am rushing or not. My first day playing half was spent downloading maps and trying them out and organizing into Collections and the rest was spent mindlessly FCing and or almost FCing many maps on Easy and Normal so thus I jumped to Hard's which are kicking my ass but seem a good enough place to start. Tried a few Insanes and I can say there is no way in hell they are happening anytime soon. XD

My biggest problem is drawing the patterns with my mouse but oddly enough it seems like I tap very well and in rhythm so I guess that's good. :P
Yuuki Asuna
Welcome to the forums :3
Shakeson

Azhadi wrote:

Thanks :) Well I am not sure if I am rushing or not. My first day playing half was spent downloading maps and trying them out and organizing into Collections and the rest was spent mindlessly FCing and or almost FCing many maps on Easy and Normal so thus I jumped to Hard's which are kicking my ass but seem a good enough place to start. Tried a few Insanes and I can say there is no way in hell they are happening anytime soon. XD
Ah, sounds like my first day in osu! To be young again...
Imo just have fun with the game for a while until you're ready to kick it up a notch, the forums are riddled with more experienced players than myself and they've been posting tips since before I started playing xD. You ever wonder if you're doing something wrong I mean, err, "different", chances are you'll find your answers here somewhere
Maxis

Azhadi wrote:

Shakeson wrote:

My biggest problem is drawing the patterns with my mouse but oddly enough it seems like I tap very well and in rhythm so I guess that's good. :P
Lol, funnily enough I did something similar when I started out. I actually mastered Easy's, completely skipped Normal and decided to spam the hell out of a specific Hard map for fun, which is currently and has always been my most played map in my profile. It was a joke, and actually kind of fun, but it ended up teaching me the skills needed to play other hard maps by the time I mastered it. :D

I think what Shakeson means is to not 'force' skill (correct me if I'm wrong lol), just play the game how you would have fun in it and skill will come to you! This will save you from some unnecessary stress and frustration from not quite being able to pass those harder maps yet. So, while immediately jumping to Hards may not exactly be the 'traditional' path to take, I think the best way to improve is by playing the game how you enjoy it as long as you aren't trying to rush yourself. ;)

And about those patterns--don't worry. Just keep playing and you'll start developing muscle memory, then suddenly you'll have those patterns down in no time. Welcome to osu, and good luck mastering those Hards! :D

I'm usually playing everyday so add me if you want to multi sometime or you've got any questions.^^
Shakeson

Maxis wrote:

I think what Shakeson means is to not 'force' skill (correct me if I'm wrong lol), just play the game how you would have fun in it and skill will come to you! This will save you from some unnecessary stress and frustration from not quite being able to pass those harder maps yet. So, while immediately jumping to Hards may not exactly be the 'traditional' path to take, I think the best way to improve is by playing the game how you enjoy it as long as you aren't trying to rush yourself. ;)
Weeeelll... The reason I suggested she doesn't skip the easy ones is because that's exactly what I did. I played mostly difficult songs for the challenge (some play to get FCs and 100%, just goes to show everyone's got their reason to play), but for some ungodly reason - probably lack of experience to be honest - I suck So hard on easier maps it's pretty ridiculous > < Now I'm not entirely sure what this means, but it can't be good T T
Aoriki
Hello and welcome!
Zalaria

Shakeson wrote:

Maxis wrote:

Weeeelll... The reason I suggested she doesn't skip the easy ones is because that's exactly what I did. I played mostly difficult songs for the challenge (some play to get FCs and 100%, just goes to show everyone's got their reason to play), but for some ungodly reason - probably lack of experience to be honest - I suck So hard on easier maps it's pretty ridiculous > < Now I'm not entirely sure what this means, but it can't be good T T
Lol there's lots of different ways to go about this game though. I for one stayed away from insanes for a long time lol. When I first started out, I tried out every diff to see where I stood, and ended up sticking with easys and normals for several months before moving on to hards, and later on insanes. Progress was kinda slow but whatever, I got better :D Even now I struggle with insanes and I get frustrated when I can't pass stuff that I should be able to >.< Then again, I should stop looking at everyone else's ranks and care about my own for once.
DestinySonata
Welcome to the forums :)
Shakeson

Zalaria wrote:

Then again, I should stop looking at everyone else's ranks and care about my own for once.
Now That's a worthy quote :D
Topic Starter
Worst Aim NA

Shakeson wrote:

Zalaria wrote:

Then again, I should stop looking at everyone else's ranks and care about my own for once.
Now That's a worthy quote :D
Haha oddly enough despite being very new I think this will be my biggest problem with this game! I am a very competitive person but am never good enough in games to actually be a top ranked player. So seeing my 135k Rank and trying to gain PP through FCing normal's and then missing a note sucks :P I know 100% I should not even be worried about PP but its just the type of person I am. Hopefully I can get comfortable enough with Hards soon and just play them since they are the perfect speed and the PP I am getting for these normals is terrible.
Yuuribo
Glad to meet a new member in this continuously growing community of osu!
I'd love to join Multiplayers with people across the world,since it helps me with my social skills and reduces my shyness towards other people,so feel free to add me whether you want a match or just wanna talk ~

Also,welcome to the forums. :D
K E N N
Welcome to the forums! If you need any assistance, feel free to PM me, I'll be glad to help :)