forum

[resolved] Quick lag spike when selecting HR/EZ or DT/HT

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Maxis
Problem Details:
When selecting or deselecting Hard Rock, Double Time, Easy, or Half Time in mod selection, the FPS drops to 0 for a split second, most likely having to do with updating the star difficulty/AR/OD/etc. etc. (since these are the only mods that affect it.)
Not really a huge bug and don't know if it's my side only, but is happening as of latest update so figured I'd post.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
You'll see the lag spike when selecting those 4 specific mods--other mods don't do anything. If Fraps doesn't do justice in capturing the lag, you can tell by the FPS counter. (watch in HD if you can't see it well)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4BzAGk46H4

osu! version: 20140627.8 (latest)

Edit: mysteriously isn't happening to me anymore, it's possible my computer might've just been fluking.
Seijiro
In my case, I have the lag spike when pressing F1, but anyways it is there so I should say problem confirmed
TheVileOne
It's nice and smooth over here. I have a computer that is very powerful though.

Computers have good and bad days. Lag comes and goes. Restart your computer if it has been on for a long period of time.
Seijiro
Actually I don't have a powerful computer :(

But it's not like causes so much trouble :3 I didn't really noticed this before to be honest :)
Topic Starter
Maxis
My computer's pretty powerful as well actually, which is why I was surprised when this kind of lag spike happened. :P

I thought it was a result from the most recent update, but like I mentioned in edit, this problem isn't happening to me anymore suddenly (I was trying to fix my tablet yesterday so probably just a result from one of the many times I had to reboot). Don't know if this should be marked invalid or not.
Seijiro
Actually it should be considered resolved xD