forum

[resolved] [confirmed] Hit object shake gets excessive the faster you hit.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Neil Watts
Hi !

I found a bug that allows the player to move (a little) the circles in-game.
It seems to be an old bug (however I briefly searched if this bug has already found and I found nothing).

Here's a video showing the bug :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRngUNvsQkM

osu! version: 20140627.8 (latest)
Seijiro
I think that video explain it clearly

Tested myself and obtained the same result. Problem confirmed
NeVMiku
I confirm this.
Legxis
That is not a bug. The screen is shaking to show you that you're clicking too early.
Topic Starter
Neil Watts

Legxis wrote:

That is not a bug. The screen is shaking to show you that you're clicking too early.
I know that. But if you spam your buttons, the circles will be really moved and will not be replaced like they should do.
TheVileOne
The screen doesn't shake, the notes shake. I am trying to see if the notes don't return to their original place like they should which would be a bug.
Lanturn
If the notes get adjusted, you can't even hit them anyways.

In this video: I move a note far enough away and click it outside the range. Marks as miss.
Last attempt (30ish seconds in), I move the note and then try to click it where it used to be off the circle, hit.

http://puu.sh/9PATf.mp4
(yes I was too lazy to youtube this >_> <_<)

also 1337 <3
TheVileOne
That map was much easier to replicate on. The shake seems to get crazier the faster you press. It seems to cause weird behavior when the notes are stack, but I couldn't get the objects to stay altered from their original position.
NeVMiku

TheVileOne wrote:

That map was much easier to replicate on. The shake seems to get crazier the faster you press. It seems to cause weird behavior when the notes are stack, but I couldn't get the objects to stay altered from their original position.
It's a very tiny move, around one tenth or less of the note sideways but moved nonetheless.
quaternary
Looks really crazy on Relax too. Notes shake almost off the screen, especially with low approach rate.
MillhioreF
Fixed in latest test.