forum

Going on tilt.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
beeboy123
How do you guys avoid going on tilt and if you do go on tilt what do you do to become calm?
dung eater
Sleep. Do something else. Be happy.
Topic Starter
beeboy123

jaaakb wrote:

Sleep. Do something else. Be happy.
I have tried taking breaks but every time I come back I just get mad again XD. Maybe it is due to lack of sleep I'll try that out and see how I feel tomorrow.
Mythras
Drink green tea or black tea. They make you calm. In my case very much so.
xasuma
Have fun playing the game. Its ok to want to improve, but sometimes you just need to have fun with it. :)
ryza
here's a tip: you can't get good at the game by tilting

...so just don't do it ww
LunarFox
I was on tilt for a week until yesterday. I couldn't full combo a single map and I couldn't aim at all. Just have fun.
winber1
stop caring
Mystrian_old

xasuma wrote:

Have fun playing the game. Its ok to want to improve, but sometimes you just need to have fun with it. :)
^^ this
uzzi
Actually...

winber1 wrote:

stop caring
This. There's no point in getting mad/frustrated/on-tilt. You'll play worse if you do!
Kouya-
Aha, I go on tilt everyday ~

but I

winber1 wrote:

stop caring
ETHICALMOUSEUSE
Stop playing until the next day, get mad/tilt, repeat process until I get better
Thats pretty much osu on a daily basis for me
kowz
TBH... I just play *really* tough songs that I'm fine with doing terrible on. I usually do poorly but within 2-3 minutes am doing better than I was before when I was stressed/upset/etc.

Breathing exercises & breaks work wonders, too.
Blanky
It's impossible to avoid tilt, because tilt is usually linked to how you are already feeling. Try to avoid playing on tilt, because it can produce bad habits.
Dexus
Going on tilt is making a mistake which results in more mistakes during that instance because you're frustrated/stressed and don't know how to handle it.
It's a poker phrase that's used for inexperienced players, and usually results in them losing the game. I hate that this phrase has been used because now everyone is going to use it as an excuse and blame it without actually knowing what it even is. If you're upset playing this game the entire time; that's not going on tilt. Stop playing the game if it's not fun for you. It's like a really bad cycle; think poorly -> play poorly -> etc.
RaneFire

Dexus wrote:

Going on tilt is making a mistake which results in more mistakes during that instance because you're frustrated/stressed and don't know how to handle it.
It's a poker phrase that's used for inexperienced players, and usually results in them losing the game. I hate that this phrase has been used because now everyone is going to use it as an excuse and blame it without actually knowing what it even is. If you're upset playing this game the entire time; that's not going on tilt. Stop playing the game if it's not fun for you. It's like a really bad cycle; think poorly -> play poorly -> etc.
I was about to say.

Going on tilt is related to bad decision making, not just being mad. There are no decisions in osu!, you just have to click circles and if you can't do it because you're frustrated, that's different.
Vuelo Eluko

RaneFire wrote:

Dexus wrote:

I was about to say.

Going on tilt is related to bad decision making, not just being mad. There are no decisions in osu!, you just have to click circles and if you can't do it because you're frustrated, that's different.
decisions take place though, you can get frustrated and just decide start playing impossible shit while smashing the keyboard in a fit of rage. i know at least a few people that end up doing this and its painful to watch.
RaneFire

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

decisions take place though, you can get frustrated and just decide start playing impossible shit while smashing the keyboard in a fit of rage. i know at least a few people that end up doing this and its painful to watch.
While that makes sense, people in this thread are not using it that way. They're blaming their being on tilt for playing poorly on any map, like a decrease in performance. Did they make a bad decision? No.

If they're playing impossible shit, then what do they expect. Yes that is a bad decision to do while angry, since it just makes you more angry, but so far no one has indicated as such.
Pettanko

Dexus wrote:

you sound like you're on tilt ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)‎

for me tilting is when you're trying to fc a map that you know you can but keep getting stuck on one part and you end up retrying so much that you start missing on other parts that weren't any trouble when you started grinding the map

good thing that doesn't happen to me anymore because i gave up on spamming retry on maps
B1rd
I had my tablet tilted when I first played, and then when I turned it the right way my muscle memory was off.
otoed1
Walk away, vent a little, come back, play a cool map, go back, ???, Profit.