forum

pp question

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
popc0rn
Does fc'ing give you bonus pp?
like when captn got this did he lose out on a whole bunch of pp by not following through one slider
Full Tablet
It doesn't give a special bonus, the amount of pp lost for having lower max combo is pretty small in this case.
xasuma
highest combo has some to do. But missing 1 extra combo means almost nothing.
Now if he were to break in the middle of the song, that's a whole different story.
Topic Starter
popc0rn
thanks for the replies, really cleared things up for me :D
Kaeru
I'm pretty sure performance points are also based on your grade. In other words, if he had missed a circle instead of a slider end, he would have only gotten an A, and he would have lost quite a lot more points. As others have said, though, the max combo is what's the most important.
Maxis

Kaeru wrote:

I'm pretty sure performance points are also based on your grade. In other words, if he had missed a circle instead of a slider end, he would have only gotten an A, and he would have lost quite a lot more points. As others have said, though, the max combo is what's the most important.
I have a feeling you're half-right, I think the reason this happens is actually because (according to wiki) your amount of miss is also factored into the pp calculation. I think the reason you'd lose more pp missing a hitcircle than slider-breaking is because of that 1 x miss vs. 0 x miss difference, so it's not directly based on grade but you're still basically correct.

Of course the full formulas still aren't released and we can theorize all we want, but nobody knows for sure.
jesse1412
Missing EATS your pp. Miss and you lose a ton. Low maximum combos mean you get less pp depending on how far you are from max combo. Slider combo loses probably hurt him more because of the lower acc than the combo lost.
Ichi
When there is FC or nearly FC with no misses, what matters the most is the accuraccy rather than the combo, for instance a 2384 with 98% would give less pp than 2284 with 99,50 %. Or something like that... (with no misses)

And i don´t know about most people but i call that a Fc even tho it is one or two notes off actually saying "full combo, perfect" or w.e
Monstrata
I remember reading somewhere that (your max combo)^0.8/(song's max combo)^0.8 is the scalar for how much pp you can achieve.

For example, getting a half combo would basically mean taking the song's maximum pp, and multiplying by 0.50. Of course, there are other things that will lower the pp you gain even more (accuracy etc...) But assuming you had 99.99% accuracy and just slider broke halfway through, you'd get pretty much 50% of the pp someone would get for SS.
nooblet

monstrata wrote:

I remember reading somewhere that (your max combo)^0.8/(song's max combo)^0.8 is the scalar for how much pp you can achieve.

For example, getting a half combo would basically mean taking the song's maximum pp, and multiplying by 0.50.
Huh, it's more like 57.4% than half. Combo is not directly (combo/max combo) * (max PP), like you said it's (combo/max)^.8 * (max PP), so you won't lose much from a max combo -1 for slider ends. The accuracy loss probably makes a bigger difference in most cases.