forum

Other games that take time to get really good at?

posted
Total Posts
show more
[- Alex -]
The King Of Fighters XIII , Super Street Fighter® IV . 2 off the best fighting game out there. Easy to play , but very hard to master. Because of counter , combos , etc.

Personal i prefer TKOF XIII
Topic Starter
Big
I've tried getting into fighting games with my friend who's been playing them for years they are a lot of fun, I might have to play some more of them :P
VoidnOwO
:)
[- Alex -]

BRBP wrote:

KOFXIII online is dead, and why would you recommend SSFIV when USFIV is already released.
Mahvel is where it's at. Expect to get perfected every time for the first 200 hours of playing though.

Forgot sorry . And yea USFIV . Same thing.
Trash Boat
Digimon PSX games too
Ceph23
Just a suggestion

Dark souls
Kinac
Tetris. I'm not joking. Some pro players have played over 5 years and still aren't the fastest, so It does take a lot of time to get good.
ColdTooth

Ceph23 wrote:

Just a suggestion

Dark souls
why, that game is easy
Topic Starter
Big

Kinac wrote:

Tetris. I'm not joking. Some pro players have played over 5 years and still aren't the fastest, so It does take a lot of time to get good.
One of my favorite games on my SGS5 along with White Tile :3
DarkerStyle
Almost any game you can become professional in it. Counter-Strike, League of Legends, Quake, Trackmania, WoT, DotA 2, SC2.
Trash Boat
Not Tetris 2 and Not Pacman at stabyourself.com. no kidding. also Mari0
Mofu kun
Geometry dash.
It's also portable
[ Scarlet Red ]
I know a game! Trackmania 2. It's a fun game I've played for 7 years and still suck at
ninfia
When I was 8 years old, I had this irrational obsession with playing Mario Kart 64, and I still pick the game up from time to time. Heck, it was the only game I ever played for like four years, and I just wish I could express just how good at that game I used to be.

Now I feel like I wasted four years of my life! ;-;

But let's not get off topic, racing games can do a pretty good job at consuming my- I mean people's time, (especially those damn time trials).

You could always look for one on Steam. ;w;
Ryu Sei
- Nexuiz Classic. You'll need good manuvere and aim to play this w/o problem. Since in this game bunny-hop is allowed.
- TF2, same as above.
- osu!, ikr?
- Tetris Blitz, need high creativity and imagination
- Typespeed unless you're very good at typing
- Mabinogi, IDK but seems that game tooks me very long time to understand the system...
Michiiii-
Maybe Starcraft
kirueggy
Let me introduce you to any Ace Combat game (except Assault Horizon) with Expert control setting on and first person no cockpit (can't see your plane's wings? too bad)
MostDakka
Any competitive game so LoL,Stacraft,CS:GO,Trackmania etc....

also Super House of Dead Ninjas,Any other Rythm game,Diablo 2 with Median mod,Rogue legacy,Metal Gear solid games,Fighting games, so many of them

If you want single player games then then i recommend Devil May cry 3,Contra 4[cause its 3 games in one], Quake[1 or 2], NetHack and Dwarf fortress[losing is fun!] Also Dark Souls if overrated, its too easy to break the game. Dark souls 2 is better.
silmarilen
yeah trackmania is a good one. ive been playing it for ages and im only at the point where i can keep up with the sub-top. couple more years and ill be playing for the monies :P
skyldgh

Dromadan wrote:

Team Fortress 2, it became a pay2win though.
Not really, actually, weapons on the mann co store and stuff like that aren't direct upgrades, they just gear to a certain play style. Hats really do nothing, they just make you look top kek. :roll:
hnmk13
Any souls game(including Demon's Souls),Sol Calibur V and maybe Geometry Dash.You'll spend so much time playing theese and you'll still learn new things.
Kunino Sagiri
Hello, do you play roguelikes? There are a lot of roguelikes for you to rage and cry on and I assure you'd have a fun experience. The main theme of every roguelikes is acceptance and tryharding so I'm sure it will be fun! :)
Doomsdaddy
Multiplayer:

- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - it's easy to learn but hard to master. Some updates can't be mastered sadly, such as randomness in gun sprays (Volvo pls).
- LoL/Dota - haven't played them myself but I'd guess it's a bit harder to learn and just as hard to master.
- Rocket League - if you have seen e.g. Kronovi (one of RL's best players) play and have tried it yourself, you'll know it's quite hard to master.
- Tribes: Ascend - a FPS game in which you are able to slide and jetpack around, movement and aiming takes a lot of training. I didn't play it much but I wasn't very good either, my main problem with it was buyable weapons (with real money, seemed like P2W to me, not sure if they truly were better than F2P ones).
- Mortal Kombat/any similar fighting game - it's as difficult as people make it to be. I tend to get rekt on them, only in Tekken 5 I knew at least enough to beat ~Champion+ level NPC opponents.

Single player:

- Dark Souls/Bloodborne - you'll die when you play it. Then you will die again. And once you beat some random boss or a challenging area, it feels incredibly rewarding.
- Mortal Kombat/any similar fighting game - I put it here too because it's fairly fun and challenging even against NPCs which can be very good as well. It can take just as much skill to beat them, in my opinion.
- Goat Simulator - because being a goat is exceedingly difficult to master.
Vexx
I'm gonna have to say MOBAs like Dota and LoL.

When you first start, you'll have absolutely no idea what you're doing. You'll get used to it, but then somebody will come along and change your ENTIRE way of playing. This might happen many times. People will get mad at you and chew you out for just being plain bad. You really gotta learn how to play with the team, how to DESTROY your right mouse button with clicking (.-.), and soon, you'll be one of those people that's getting mad at those underneath you. It takes time, watching pro players' and their methods, and dedication if you truly want to get good at MOBAs like these. You'll never reach full mastery, not even the pros have fully mastered the game. Mistakes will always be made, and there's always room for improvement.
chaee
Cytus
edisk
All these are Android/Apple store rhythm games:

-Beat Gather
-DREAM BEAT
Show By Rock
-Deemo
O2Jam U
-Idolmaster Cinderella Girls Starlight Stage
-LLSIF
-Idolish 7
-SionsBeat MP3 BETA
-jubeat plus
-DJMAX RAY
-DJMAX TECHNIKA Q
Green Platinum

edisk wrote:

All these are Android/Apple store rhythm games:

-Beat Gather
-DREAM BEAT
Show By Rock
-Deemo
O2Jam U
-Idolmaster Cinderella Girls Starlight Stage
-LLSIF
-Idolish 7
-SionsBeat MP3 BETA
-jubeat plus
Jubeat is super easy to get really good at. Atleast to be able to beat the hardest difficulty
Probably the fastest of all bemani games
edisk

Green Platinum wrote:

Jubeat is super easy to get really good at. Atleast to be able to beat the hardest difficulty
Probably the fastest of all bemani games
Yeap. I personally like playing IIDX DP because of the huge learning curve.