forum

Copyright on videos uploaded to YouTube?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
0taku
I recorded some of my play on osu, then tried uploading it to YouTube and I also added the song titles and artists then my video's audio got taken down instantly for copyright infringement. How do you upload an osu video without that happening? Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong thread I'm not used to forums.
Lach
Avoid uploading videos of maps from popular animes/kpop/anything at all. If you're worried about copyright strikes don't upload osu! gameplay videos to youtube, as you do not own the rights to ANY of the music.
Topic Starter
0taku
Ah, ok thanks so much
Mizuno Yui
YT usually ofers me the "Acknowledge the third party content" option in video manager
InControL_old
From my experience, never post a song from ClariS :)
tokaku

mentalac wrote:

YT usually ofers me the "Acknowledge the third party content" option in video manager
I did that. But then the video still could not be viewed.
xasuma
Using the chance, anyone know of an alternative to youtube, who does not care about copyrights?
TakuMii

mentalac wrote:

It depends on the content owner. Some will let you keep the video up as long as you provide them the rights to control the ads your video gets (which is usually the case when you get that "Acknowledge" option), while some will mute your video, and others will just remove it completely (you usually don't get a strike unless the latter happens).
ZenShinka
try to use DT mod or NC
-Chaeyoung

ZenShinka wrote:

try to use DT mod or NC
This post was 6 years ago genius
Lights

Lapse23 wrote:

ZenShinka wrote:

try to use DT mod or NC
This post was 6 years ago genius
And that also usually doesnt work