forum

osu!mania World Cup 2014: Preparations and Concept

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kamikaze

Cozzzy wrote:

This is cool, but I'm not really keen on two teams per country. A lot of countries (like UK, for example) can't play anywhere near full strength this way

I thought keymode would be like any other attribute of a map, and that substitutes would be for different things, like 4K or LN stuff, etc

Loctav wrote:

Exactly. If a country (e.g. Australia) particiates in 4k, it does not need to have a 7k team, too. Australia can appear in 4k and 7k, but dont need to. The 32 countries in 4k can be entirely different from the 7k bracket.
Cozzzy
Yeah, but then we can't just have one strong mania team and have to choose a keymode
Gon
I was thinking the same as you Cozzzy, that's why I brought the question up. Now the organizers can change that with more feedback/support (as per Loctav's post above, if i'm reading correctly), and then we can have:

- Same teams for 4k and 7k
- Different teams for 4k and 7k, with maybe 1 or 2 (or 3) same guys playing in both teams
- Two completely different teams for 4k and 7k

Aka full liberty with who we pick to represent our respective countries (mfw democracy) :!:
Topic Starter
Loctav
I consider supporting this full liberty concept by Gon. Therefore, you can create 2 teams or 1 team witj whoever you want. That seems quite okay for me.
R e x 1 0 0
Yeah! 4k tournament!
We will do our best!

Italy plays o!m
CephiCC
I like it. Who do I give my social security # to?
Sylviath
So if the same guy played 7K and 4K and win both, he gets both prizes too?
And they can still choose to participate in only 4K or 7K right?
+1 :3
Kamikaze
One question to clear my doubts: Is it now official that we can participate in both tournaments?
Topic Starter
Loctav

-Kamikaze- wrote:

One question to clear my doubts: Is it now official that we can participate in both tournaments?
We'll see. I dont want to put promises by now. The registration opens in a few days, so you will notice.
Sorarei

Chaotic Run wrote:

So if the same guy played 7K and 4K and win both, he gets both prizes too?
And they can still choose to participate in only 4K or 7K right?
+1 :3
7K & 4K have different event, so i guess both winner would get prize
Nyanderfull
does this tournament replace this?:
https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/213360
Kamikaze

wanwan159 wrote:

does this tournament replace this?:
https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/213360
No, these are separate tournaments.
This one is an official o!m world cup, while other one is just for fun
October Scream
You know what would be super cool?

Hard Rock and Random brackets •w•

Just a thought
nebbii
Sign me and wanwan159 up for 7k 8-)
Ayaya
I love this concept but I have questions about the Mappools section.

Loctav wrote:

Mappools

About the mappools: We all know that playing modes is not of such a popular gain here in o!m, therefore we decided to pull off a different mappool structure - we will only have a FreeMod and a DoubleTime bracket (and a single tiebreaker). 7k and 4k will have seperated mappools for sure. Because we have less brackets, the mappools in total size will also be smaller but still enough to choose of. With only having FreeMod, the rule of "at least 1 player must play with at least one mode per team" will not be active. Pretty much, every map apart of DoubleTime is FreeMod and everyone can play with whatever mode they want, if they want.
When you say there will be FreeMod and DoubleTime brackets, does that mean during the Double Time bracket it will only be DoubleTime or will FreeMod still be on for like HD/FL/FI?
Because I think FreeMod should be on for players who only can play with vision mod (also mods doesn't apply extra points)

also,

Loctav wrote:

With only having FreeMod, the rule of "at least 1 player must play with at least one mode per team" will not be active.
Can you explain this part, I can't comprehend this.

October Scream wrote:

You know what would be super cool?

Hard Rock and Random brackets •w•

Just a thought
Hard Rock bracket sounds good but like what i said above, will FreeMod still be on or will it only be Hard Rock.
For the Random Bracket, I don't know if that should be allowed mainly because wouldn't that mean everyone patterns will be different (wouldn't be fair then, pattern wise) even if everyone pattern is the same, it is unnecessary.
Kamikaze

Ayaya wrote:

I love this concept but I have questions about the Mappools section.

Loctav wrote:

Mappools

About the mappools: We all know that playing modes is not of such a popular gain here in o!m, therefore we decided to pull off a different mappool structure - we will only have a FreeMod and a DoubleTime bracket (and a single tiebreaker). 7k and 4k will have seperated mappools for sure. Because we have less brackets, the mappools in total size will also be smaller but still enough to choose of. With only having FreeMod, the rule of "at least 1 player must play with at least one mode per team" will not be active. Pretty much, every map apart of DoubleTime is FreeMod and everyone can play with whatever mode they want, if they want.
When you say there will be FreeMod and DoubleTime brackets, does that mean during the Double Time bracket it will only be DoubleTime or will FreeMod still be on for like HD/FL/FI?
Because I think FreeMod should be on for players who only can play with vision mod (also mods doesn't apply extra points)
DT bracket will be DT + Freemod bracket, having free selection of mods all the time and not having it only for DT feels silly

Ayaya wrote:

also,

Loctav wrote:

With only having FreeMod, the rule of "at least 1 player must play with at least one mode per team" will not be active.
Can you explain this part, I can't comprehend this.
On other World Cups, when a freemod bracket was selected, one of players had to go with some kind of mod, now we're not forced to do it. So if someone wants HD/FI/FL, he just gets it, and if someone wants to play nomod, he can, no matter what second player in the team picks

#420_post_euphoric
lol'd @Loctav
Topic Starter
Loctav
I don't even need to reply. Kamikaze explains everything perfectly lol
Ayaya
Okay, thanks for the explanation :)
MWC HYPE!!!
Cozzzy
based Gon

I don't mean to be pushy, but any news on whether one player can do two keymodes Loctav? We'd really like to sort out our team before the registration opens
Kamikaze

Cozzzy wrote:

based Gon

I don't mean to be pushy, but any news on whether one player can do two keymodes Loctav? We'd really like to sort out our team before the registration opens
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Osu!mania_World_Cup_2014
adfjoetijergdsfgbd there goes my #420 post count, rip
Cozzzy

-Kamikaze- wrote:

Cozzzy wrote:

based Gon

https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Osu!mania_World_Cup_2014
adfjoetijergdsfgbd there goes my #420 post count, rip
Oh, didn't see that. Thanks :) rip
Mizukashii
i think i should call all pros nao xD
Topic Starter
Loctav