forum

C418 - minecraft music discs - ward [Osu|CatchTheBeat]

posted
Total Posts
show more
kakifly
quick mod since i noticed a few things :/

This beatmap still requires a lot of work for it to be rankable

BPM must be the same throughout all the diff (THAT MEANS 120 ON BOTH DIFFS PLEASE) right now you have 15 bpm on beginner, why?? also please do not use 1/16 snap divisor.. a warning even comes up

please also check aimod (press ctrl+shift+a) on both diffs

you should consider adding kiai time (chorus) through timing > timing setup and add a background for normal as well

there are no tags.. you should add some. some suitable tags are [other names the artists uses] [person who wrote the song] 'mojang' maybe? i mean minecraft is made by them right? etc

first of all i think you chose a really hard song to map, it lacks a lot of music and a lot of times you are mapping nothing but weird cracky sounds in the music which i dont feel should be mapped at all.

you still require a lot of experience to become a better mapper; here is a helpful guide by inverness that can help you arrange notes neatly, (yes! it is not just the beat that matters!) please at least look over it t/208596

since you seem like a beginner mapper i recommend having a consistent beat, what does that mean? it means even spacings of notes on the timeline, right now the notes are all over the place without considering a beat!

hear me out on this : a player who has never heard this song plays it, how will they know when to play a note? sure they can look at the approach circle but that makes the map tiring and not fun at all. and when i say even out spacing i dont mean mapping where theres no music.

take a look on some ranked/good maps for ideas; since your map in the current state is extremely hard to mod

sorry if i dont make much sense im bad at explaining stuff, but good luck on your map !
Topic Starter
RasmusOlle

Hollow Wings wrote:

from Scorpiour's Modding Queue

49s?? lol wtfff

no kds

General

1. add bg!!!
  2. just check aimod by urself
  3. plz set objs following music, i can hardly call this a beatmap
  4. alright, not finished, i can say nothing
anyway, good luck
made pretty much all that, you will get a kudosu too!

kakifly wrote:

quick mod since i noticed a few things :/

This beatmap still requires a lot of work for it to be rankable

BPM must be the same throughout all the diff (THAT MEANS 120 ON BOTH DIFFS PLEASE) right now you have 15 bpm on beginner, why?? also please do not use 1/16 snap divisor.. a warning even comes up

please also check aimod (press ctrl+shift+a) on both diffs

you should consider adding kiai time (chorus) through timing > timing setup and add a background for normal as well

there are no tags.. you should add some. some suitable tags are [other names the artists uses] [person who wrote the song] 'mojang' maybe? i mean minecraft is made by them right? etc

first of all i think you chose a really hard song to map, it lacks a lot of music and a lot of times you are mapping nothing but weird cracky sounds in the music which i dont feel should be mapped at all.

you still require a lot of experience to become a better mapper; here is a helpful guide by inverness that can help you arrange notes neatly, (yes! it is not just the beat that matters!) please at least look over it t/208596

since you seem like a beginner mapper i recommend having a consistent beat, what does that mean? it means even spacings of notes on the timeline, right now the notes are all over the place without considering a beat!

hear me out on this : a player who has never heard this song plays it, how will they know when to play a note? sure they can look at the approach circle but that makes the map tiring and not fun at all. and when i say even out spacing i dont mean mapping where theres no music.

take a look on some ranked/good maps for ideas; since your map in the current state is extremely hard to mod

sorry if i dont make much sense im bad at explaining stuff, but good luck on your map !
1. its for first time users, thats why i have BPM so low
2. AImod just reports osu!std errors and its optimized for CTB, but i dont like the locking of a gamemode
3. wait, what?
4. what?
5. cheez
6. yes i know
7. what?
8. in 2.0, i have made the hitsounds quiter so you will hear "the missed beats"
9. *fills empty answer space*
kakifly
uh i dont know much about ctb but im sure you cannot have different bpm on both diffs :/ it says in the ranking criteria

slowly backs off and runs away
Topic Starter
RasmusOlle

kakifly wrote:

uh i dont know much about ctb but im sure you cannot have different bpm on both diffs :/ it says in the ranking criteria

I HAVE SAID FOR THE 1000000 TIME, THE SLOW BPM IS BECAUSE FIRST-TIME PLAYERS SHALL PLAY BEGINNER
sheela

RasmusOlle wrote:

kakifly wrote:

I HAVE SAID FOR THE 1000000 TIME, THE SLOW BPM IS BECAUSE FIRST-TIME PLAYERS SHALL PLAY BEGINNER
You don't get it. A song has a single BPM. No need to put another BPM to an easy difficulty.
The actual BPM is 107.
Offset: -6
If a BAT tells you that the timing is wrong, would you skip it or take it?
Also, NO KUDOSU please.
Dolphin
You're not supposed to optimize a standard difficulty for other modes you're supposed to optimize it for standard.
captin1
holy shit this is comedic gold

bpm 107 for both diffs seems to be the consensus
Spayyce

Dainesl wrote:

Use your common sense dammit, have you learned anything regarding EVEN THE MOST BASIC of musical concepts? If not, learn some more and then come back to osu!, 'cause I don't think that rhythm games would be right for you.
One of the rules of the section is don't put players down, and I think you are.

O well. I want to mod dis.

[General]

Rename the map : C418 - Minecraft Music Discs
Make sure BPM's are consistent, the sliders don't like different BPM. I don't either and I will rek you 1v1roblox.
Beginner doesn't have a BG, make it sxc like the other one.
Vile.

[Beginner]
lel 1/16 is highly scrutinised please make it 1/1, the new players love that stuff.

[Normal]
00:02:500 (3) - Move this note to 00:02:250 (3) for better consistency and a good map to the music
00:03:000 (1) - This is unnecissary, loooll the music don't even change, heellll nawww.
00:07:500 (5) - Dis finish doe, I don't like it, lol kill it.
00:14:625 (9,1) - Seperate des plz, unwankable.
00:14:625 (9,1,2) - "Hard" jump, for the diff.
00:18:250 (1) - Lazy, please map the break out <3
00:30:875 (4) - Add a note here please for more consistency
00:32:500 (7,8) - Unwankable for the same reason as the other one.

Overall: Need quite a bit of improvement, and needs finishing overall it will turn out nice if you listen to the oracle (me) jk
such code. many mod. so title. wow.

allllmost forget. kd's plz lelel
Topic Starter
RasmusOlle

Dolphin wrote:

You're not supposed to optimize a standard difficulty for other modes you're supposed to optimize it for standard.
but how can i do so you just can play it with taiko and CTB?

BTW, fuck your using of replicating posts
Dainesl

RasmusOlle wrote:

Dolphin wrote:

but how can i do so you just can play it with taiko and CTB?
Go to Song Setup tab in the editor, then click the tab that says "Advanced", then click "Allowed Modes" then click Taiko or CTB from the drop-down menu.

By the way, you'll need to remap the diffs to optimise playability, as Auto cannot even SS the Normal on CTB.

The diff names for Taiko are: Kantan (Easy), Futsuu (Normal), Muzukashii (Hard), Oni (Insane) and Ura/Inner Oni (Extra)

For CTB they are: Cup (Easy), Salad (Normal), Platter (Hard), Salad (Insane) and Overdose (Extra)
Topic Starter
RasmusOlle

KyleDinny wrote:

Dainesl wrote:

Use your common sense dammit, have you learned anything regarding EVEN THE MOST BASIC of musical concepts? If not, learn some more and then come back to osu!, 'cause I don't think that rhythm games would be right for you.
One of the rules of the section is don't put players down, and I think you are.

O well. I want to mod dis.

[General]

Rename the map : C418 - Minecraft Music Discs what? it stands: Minecraft music discs-ward, not Minecraft music discs
Make sure BPM's are consistent, the sliders don't like different BPM. I don't either and I will rek you 1v1roblox. i dont know what roblox is
Beginner doesn't have a BG, make it sxc like the other one. im just dont like having same BG, im working on it
Vile.

[Beginner]
lel 1/16 is highly scrutinised please make it 1/1, the new players love that stuff. i just have a question, why is 1/16 so hated? its just 1/1 with more places to place beats

[Normal]
00:02:500 (3) - Move this note to 00:02:250 (3) for better consistency and a good map to the music oh, it was not even a beat there :O
00:03:000 (1) - This is unnecissary, loooll the music don't even change, heellll nawww. just some spinners, they are good for places when its hard to map :O
00:07:500 (5) - Dis finish doe, I don't like it, lol kill it. wait, what?
00:14:625 (9,1) - Seperate des plz, unwankable. will nail (loool) them together then
00:14:625 (9,1,2) - "Hard" jump, for the diff. ?
00:18:250 (1) - Lazy, please map the break out <3 its good with the music
00:30:875 (4) - Add a note here please for more consistency did it!
00:32:500 (7,8) - Unwankable for the same reason as the other one. ?

Overall: Need quite a bit of improvement, and needs finishing overall it will turn out nice if you listen to the oracle (me) jkwhat?
such code. many mod. so title. wow.

allllmost forget. kd's plz lelel you will get kudos, i just shall wait until peppy implents giving 5 kudos :)
will make a update based on your modding
Topic Starter
RasmusOlle

[ S a k u r a ] wrote:

Just create a ctb+ taiko mapset
And if you want it easy for the beginner level just change the HP drain and the approach rate
I believe you don't even understand BPM
BPM is beat per minute, every song has its own BPM, also the speed of a song, slow song have lower BPM and fast song has higher BPM, it's not what you can change unless you make your own music
but the diffulty settings are all on the lowest and on 120 BPM are it too damn fast
Dainesl
BPM changes nothing about the map other than the timing though, therefore BPM should always be used correctly, and the correct BPM is 107. Put that on both diffs and then at least your map will be correctly timed. Then it's just a matter of getting the map down pact.

Also: 1/16 is scrutinised heavily because very VERY FEW SONGS actually follow the 1/16 beat, the main melody on most songs is present on the 1/1 or 1/2 ticks, not the 1/16 ticks, so please make sure that you fix this ;_;
AutoMedic
Listen,

[General]

Change the title to C418 - Minecraft Music Disc - Ward
Add "Minecraft, Notch, C148, Mojang" and other related stuff
Kurokotei

Sonatora wrote:

Listen,

[General]

Change the title to C148 - Minecraft Music Disc - Ward
It's C418 lol
Liiraye
I get offset 2789 and bpm 109, can anyone confirm this?

I'll be back for a real mod tonight
Dainesl

Sayaka- wrote:

Sonatora wrote:

Listen,

[General]

It's C418 lol
The title is just Ward I believe. Also don't add C418 to tags or Minecraft into tags (btw you need to capitalise the M in Minecraft) since they already appear, but do add Music Disc into tags if you absolutely must :l
AutoMedic
I'm sorry, i'm terrible at modding tho'

Also, rarely play minecraft. just a suggestion

[General]

Change to C418 - Ward

add the tags as Dainesl suggested
Spayyce

Sayaka- wrote:

Sonatora wrote:

Listen,

[General]

It's C418 lol
-runs-

I almost made that mistake on mine.
OnosakiHito
RasmusOlle, please stop giving kudosu to people who didn't mod your map at all. This is a warning.

Beside that, most of you guys should feel ashamed about the way you are talking to other people. Nevermind how they have react.
Seeing here even some Taiko people is just shocking.

I have tidied this mess. If the Mapper doesn't listen to suggestions, let the project die in peace.

Thread unlocked. Keep the discussion without troll posts.
In case the kudosu abuse continues, this thread will be locked.
Liiraye
Some people are just jealous... but why delete my star post :(
Dainesl
Remember @ map creator to check AIMod (ctrl+shift+A) to make sure that there aren't any unrankable issues with the map such as 2 objects at the same time (yes this includes slider ends being on the same tick as the start of the next slider), or unsnapped objects.

Also if you wanna keep making this an osu! standard mapset, that's fine, but please ensure that you consider any feedback that is given to you, this may really help you in future if you become a bit more ambitious with your mapping, and will improve your map. Please recognise that there are some people who are not experts on modding standard but they can still provide you with small feedback and tips to help you improve further!

If you don't want to make this an osu! standard mapset, please refer to the post where I tell you how to change the mode of a mapset. I would recommend going to the Advanced tab from the "Save as New Difficulty" option under File, it allows you to start anew much more conveniently.
Topic Starter
RasmusOlle

Dainesl wrote:

Remember @ map creator to check AIMod (ctrl+shift+A) to make sure that there aren't any unrankable issues with the map such as 2 objects at the same time (yes this includes slider ends being on the same tick as the start of the next slider), or unsnapped objects.

Also if you wanna keep making this an osu! standard mapset, that's fine, but please ensure that you consider any feedback that is given to you, this may really help you in future if you become a bit more ambitious with your mapping, and will improve your map. Please recognise that there are some people who are not experts on modding standard but they can still provide you with small feedback and tips to help you improve further!

If you don't want to make this an osu! standard mapset, please refer to the post where I tell you how to change the mode of a mapset. I would recommend going to the Advanced tab from the "Save as New Difficulty" option under File, it allows you to start anew much more conveniently.
sorry for not answering any of this, but i shall make it CTB only!
Stefan

RasmusOlle wrote:

sorry for not answering any of this, but i shall make it CTB only!
That seems much more appropriate and fitting with the plan how you want to map. If you need some assist in creating patterns this tutorial should help: t/195803 and make sure your map follows the general and CTB ranking criterias: http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Catch_the_Beat_Ranking_Criteria
ego_17
so map cant be good in all modes ?
standart map cant be adopted to play taiko or ctb?
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/84142
its a lie!
Topic Starter
RasmusOlle
and for everyone that says 1+ for nuke, WHY SHALL THIS BE NUKED JUST BECAUSE I DONT LISTEN TO YOUR ******* BAD MODDINGS
AutoMedic

RasmusOlle wrote:

and for everyone that says 1+ for nuke, WHY SHALL THIS BE NUKED JUST BECAUSE I DONT LISTEN TO YOUR ******* BAD MODDINGS
Aaaand it's official

Hold on while Im contacting CDFA to nuke this cesspit of a map. Inappropriate conduct shall yield inappropriate results
Topic Starter
RasmusOlle

Sonatora wrote:

RasmusOlle wrote:

Aaaand it's official

Hold on while Im contacting CDFA to nuke this cesspit of a map. Inappropriate conduct shall yield inappropriate results
JUST STOP
Topic Starter
RasmusOlle
TO EVERYONE THAT IS SAYING this is a bad map and not good map and blablabla, THIS IS MY FIRST BEATMAP, DONT EXPECT A NEW MAPPER TO HAVE PRO-BEATMAPS
Kurokotei

RasmusOlle wrote:

TO EVERYONE THAT IS SAYING this is a bad map and not good map and blablabla, THIS IS MY FIRST BEATMAP, DONT EXPECT A NEW MAPPER TO HAVE PRO-BEATMAPS
the problem isn't your map, it's your childish attitude.
Topic Starter
RasmusOlle

Sayaka- wrote:

RasmusOlle wrote:

GET AWAY
Kurokotei

RasmusOlle wrote:

GET AWAY
Your answer confirms my statement.
Ayachi-

Sayaka- wrote:

RasmusOlle wrote:

GET AWAY
Your answer confirms my statement.
Yui Fujiwara
Will there be more difficulties for all of the modes?
Just wondering. :P
Kogarou-
Erm what is dis
[General]
-Change title from "minecraft music discs - ward" to "ward" and make "Minecraft" as the source like this:

-I'm not the best person to time the map, but 107BPM seems to be very good.

-The timing is also off in both diffs, which makes the notes be off the beats. Only after you change the BPM to the right value I will be able to mod the notes.
P.s.: This is so bad mapped I can't even say anything about it. Having notes off the time, spinners and breaks out of nowhere, etc etc. Go see some tutorials or ask someone experienced on mapping.

-Don't forget if the others tell you to change something, just do it.

[Beginner]
-You MAY want to rename the diff to "Easy", usually that's how the easiest diffs are named.

-For the 2571 time change BPM to make it consistent between diff. The real BPM (from the music itself) doesn't change AND it won't make the diff easier. It all depends on how it's mapped. Heck even a BAT is telling you. Just let the others, who are more experienced on this matter, tell you what to change.

-CS2 AR0 HP0 OD0? does it need to be that easy? I bet it won't be ranked if it stays like this. Go see other's ranked easy maps and go get a grip on what should an easy diff have?

[Normal (CTB)]
-As with Beginner diff, go check some other maps.
-It's COMPLETELY UNRANKABLE to have 2 notes on the same exact beat, and it sounds wrong too.
For example:
00:14:625 (9,1) -

I don't mind do further modding, but you really need to do the above to make this map at least decent

Also:
RasmusOlle wrote:
Explain me why are they wrong, when in fact they are correct?. Explain me you point of view on them please.

RasmusOlle wrote:
Sayaka- wrote:
RasmusOlle wrote:
GET AWAY
Having a childish attitude doesn't help.
Since I am in a good mood, why don't you look to yourself and to your map and see what's good and what's wrong, and correct what's wrong?
Also change your behaviour.
You will not have more mods if you continue like this.
Sey
Don't even KDS me for this: Consider adding Daniel Rosenfeld to Tags. He is credited of the music in Minecraft and also known as C418.
Kogarou-
Sey if he continues with his childish behaviour and rejecting mods because 'they are bad', without even considering them, is there any chance that this thread get locked up?
I've seen unknown maps that are way above this in quality and they don't receive any modding at all. :c
Sey

Kogarou- wrote:

Sey if he continues with his childish behaviour and rejecting mods because 'they are bad', without even considering them, is there any chance that this thread get locked up?
I've seen unknown maps that are way above this in quality and they don't reveceive any modding at all. :c
I am not really responsible for that as a BAT. Solve it out with some moderator.
However, I highly advice the main mapper to take mods serious and especially react more appropriate to these in future. Neglecting suggestions and react offensive won't support any ranking processes of your maps.

Again I also confirm that your timing is wrong, the BPM of the first song should be 107, but since there seem to be more songs it needs more timing sections. Also move this back to WIP until you have finished your difficulties in a whole. Mods aren't needed until you are done with the mapping process completely. If you only wanna map a certain part you need to cut the mp3 properly.

Also, I warn you a last time from any KDS abuse, I think OnosakiHito stated himself clear enough already.
Topic Starter
RasmusOlle
I can post again! yay
Frc
This guy is a legend
show more