forum

getting over bad muscle memory/lazy reading?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko
long story short, theres a certain map i nofailed or failed on probably well over 200 times when i was much much newer and couldnt even read it, and now when i go back to it for some reason.. i have exactly the same problem.

I feel like I should be able to pass this map or at least get more than like 40 seconds in but it's like my eyes and hands are exactly where they were 6 months ago when i try the map now. As if they think they know what to do but they really don't, and im having a really hard time forcing them to re-evaluate the map properly from when i just mashed at it.

It's so bad that ill sometimes even fail during the opening triangles because my hands want to go at them incorrectly.

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/89979 the map in question.

has this ever happened to anyone else?
Kedge_old
My problem with both talent shredder and scarlet rose.

I've cleared and FC'd maps with higher star rating.

Still can't read those two though.

Damn you val0108.

jk val ily
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko

Kedge wrote:

My problem with both talent shredder and scarlet rose.

I've cleared and FC'd maps with higher star rating.

Still can't read those two though.

Damn you val0108.

jk val ily
all 0108 maps are very underrated by star system. i cant pass scarlet rose either it gets so hard at the 2/3-3/4 mark and i fail when it does. maybe i should try alternating it because its seriously singletap hell at my level of play...

my issue is similar to this guys t/219373 but at a much higher magnitude and im just wondering if theres any course of action i can take to make this easier/possible.
Noobsicle
the map itself is pretty hard, it shouldn't be surprising that you can't read it, i have trouble reading that map as well

if you find it too overwhelming, play a variety of easier ar9 maps to improve your reading
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko

Noobsicle wrote:

the map itself is pretty hard, it shouldn't be surprising that you can't read it, i have trouble reading that map as well

if you find it too overwhelming, play a variety of easier ar9 maps to improve your reading
it is pretty hard
but i can definitely make better attempts than i currently am if i hadnt nofailed it 100+ times when i was just starting out aye?

i play easier maps ever now and then but not often as you can see by my acc. its worked so far.
AmaiHachimitsu
The only solution I know to solve this problem is to stop watching ponies
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

The only solution I know to solve this problem is to stop watching ponies
every time i close my eyelids they are there.
Mythras
just play maps that are challenging but totally do-able, and try again in 2000 or so ranks? :)
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko

VioletMaid wrote:

just play maps that are challenging but totally do-able, and try again in 2000 or so ranks? :)
eh at this super low rank thats like 3 good plays so i dont think that will matter.
DT-sama
Play it with HT until you read it.
TCLCNiche
Play it with relax once or twice without tapping.
pola[r]is
Try playing it with Autopilot and then switch over to Relax and see what you're doing wrong.
Is it your aim? Is it your tapping? Then you can figure out how to fix it :)
MEK
do you have a tablet? if not you should really get one and a mechanical keyboard as itll help you play better
nooblet

MEK wrote:

do you have a tablet? if not you should really get one and a mechanical keyboard as itll help you play better
wow

genius, why didn't anyone else think of this?

tablet + mech = instant Cookiezi, better get shopping.
Almost
Play EZ mod. EZ mod always helps.
Yano
Play Rtnario - Guitar vs Piano 18X [180 Default AR9 CS4] +HT
It made my reading a little bit better, but I still suck