Nyquill
Yay my embedded gpu came in today.
kisata
Maiz94

apaffy wrote:

kitaaaaa

i cri ;_;
Nyquill
I like how the controller I sent you is in better shape than the one I had on arrival apaffy *cough*
TimerBunneh
I play more Pop'n Music than IIDX, but when I do I always use mods. (Usually full assist since I'm so used to Pop'n.)

I'm a keyboard player for both games and I currently have data for Sirius, Lincle, and Tricoro (but only up to the Legend Cross event as far as I know). The highest I can go with mods is a 6 :P And you California people are so lucky, the only IIDX cab near me was the one at Planet Zero, and that place closed. Although I hear the Dallas area is getting a Round 1 soon. I can't wait. :D
Pettchanashi
Ryu Sei
Wah, is that possible to get a copy of IIDX in PC? I didn't realize that.
Lybydose

Kucyk wrote:

TimerBunneh wrote:

Although I hear the Dallas area is getting a Round 1 soon.
I heard somewhere that Round 1 cabinets are connected to the real e-Amusement. Is this true?
Yes
Maiz94

Ryu Sei wrote:

Wah, is that possible to get a copy of IIDX in PC? I didn't realize that.
Yes, it's possible. Although, you might want to get a psun account(if I'm not mistaken) to be able play online for ranking board feature.
Topic Starter
LikaKrazy

ishimaru94 wrote:

apaffy wrote:

kitaaaaa

i cri ;_;
The Rainbow Con is an okay controller, however it is not that great for high level of play. You should have gotten a DAO FPS instead.

Moving along... Who's excited for Pendual? The game seems pretty interesting from what I've seen so far and given that there have been a few screenshots released within the teaser website on e-Amusement. Looking forward to playing "ZZ" (it's a given that the [A] will be a 12 since it's like 6/10/?) and whatever else is available on the game. Just hoping there will be more 12s in this release that will bridge the gaps from 12.12 -> 12.13 -> 12.14.

I hope the 9th, 10th and Kaiden courses will be released earlier oppose to later towards the game's life, also, I hope Beachside Bunny isn't on the second stage of the Kaiden course because fuck scratch songs, ugggggh.
Nyquill
they'll replace beachside bunny with another mass mad izm song
Topic Starter
LikaKrazy

Nyquill wrote:

they'll replace beachside bunny with another mass mad izm song
I mean the only Mass song that's considered "difficult" is just BSB. Every other Mass song is a mid tier 12. I hope they replace it with something that's similar to Cuvelia in terms of chart density and not based off a bullshit gimmick.

Tricoro's Kaiden course is honestly my favorite since it honestly feels like a legit course; a friend of mine who played the SPADA course with BSB felt it was a bit easier and was like, "I don't feel great playing this course; I want to clear Tricoro's course instead."

Edit: Unless izm releases his sequel to BSB...
Nyquill
murphy's law of IIDX

there WILL be more DJ MMI
Topic Starter
LikaKrazy

Nyquill wrote:

murphy's law of IIDX

there WILL be more DJ MMI
I'm praying there will be no more DJ MMI songs, enough with the scratching ;w;
DeletedUser_3905941
any1 wanna send me a sows invite :^)
ap33_old

RedPanda wrote:

what is sows when i google it all i get is pictures of female pigs
Zerostarry
sows invite please i prmise i will be good
Nyquill

ap33 wrote:

RedPanda wrote:

icwudt
AstralPhnx

Princess wrote:

RedPanda wrote:

How about no
Topic Starter
LikaKrazy

Tuxdude143 wrote:

Princess wrote:

RedPanda wrote:

How about no
kek

Played some SPADA earlier today, surprisingly made it up to Beachside within the Kaiden course three times; however I kept failing out during the middle... Oh well. Hopefully the Kaiden course will change the second song within the course :S
DeletedUser_3905941

Tuxdude143 wrote:

How about no
meanie
Lybydose
So I passed a level 7 am I pro yet?

I'm afraid to actually play SPADA at the arcade because I'm pretty sure I'd just look like an idiot and fail a level 3 or something.
Lach
mass mad izm is busy doing stuff for sdvx

only 5 days late
ap33_old

Tuxdude143 wrote:

Princess wrote:

RedPanda wrote:

How about no
did you get a daki yet
MostDakka

ap33 wrote:

RedPanda wrote:

And you wont find it and no one will tell you what it is. Unless he's ignorant dick. Nah just jk but still its not something to talk about openly. And no i'm not a member but i know people who are.
Pettchanashi

this is so good oh my god
Nyquill
the UI looks so much better than spada
Topic Starter
LikaKrazy

Lybydose wrote:

So I passed a level 7 am I pro yet?

I'm afraid to actually play SPADA at the arcade because I'm pretty sure I'd just look like an idiot and fail a level 3 or something.
I mean it doesn't hurt to play at the arcade. You may have to re-adjust to the cabinet, but you'll improve since you can play on an actual cabinet oppose to your home setup. People usually say after they play at the arcade, they start to clear charts that they've never cleared before at home.
TakuMii
Hehe, I'm trying out IIDX 10th Style and its infamously tight timing windows... but I'm getting Bs on charts that I've gotten AA on in Tricoro, and I can't even pass many of the charts that I thought I could do. Do you think it's worth it to continue to practice with 10th Style, or should I just stick to Tricoro?
DeletedUser_3905941
ok ive been playing a lot of lr2 recently, it seems to have replaced osu as my most played game.
i have enough money to get a dao fp7 (wtf shipping price), but is it good in the long run?
also, can anyone give me a comparison between the honeywell and omron microswitches? i'm only asking because honeywell does seem cheaper, but i dont want an extremely light switch
Topic Starter
LikaKrazy

RedPanda wrote:

ok ive been playing a lot of lr2 recently, it seems to have replaced osu as my most played game.
i have enough money to get a dao fp7 (wtf shipping price), but is it good in the long run?
also, can anyone give me a comparison between the honeywell and omron microswitches? i'm only asking because honeywell does seem cheaper, but i dont want an extremely light switch
I would say purchasing an FP7 or FPS will be well worth it in the end. The controller will last you a very long time, even if you play here and there; eventually you may find yourself playing for long periods of time.

In regards to Honeywells and Omrons... Omrons tend to come in a variety of weight and they have a longer life span. On the other hand, Honeywells tend to feel way too light and they're prone to breaking after a long period of time, oppose Omrons which has a longer life span. The preferred combination for players in Japan is 50g Omrons along with 100g springs because it's a perfect balance; not too heavy, not too light, it feels just right especially if you're working on stamina and timing.

I recently purchased a set of seven 50g Omron switches and 100g springs directly from Sanwa Denshi and once I installed everything I started to see a jump in my scores: -5 AA on AA [A], AAAing 7s and 8s without much of an issue, most of my 11s were increasing by like 60~100; my average ranking on most songs varies between 60~30/200~300. My issue was that my springs were too light and my switches were way too heavy so my keys felt way too spongy making it very difficult for me to time accordingly, yet I was able to mash through without an issue... At my level of play I needed something to balance it out and that's probably the best combination.

YayMii wrote:

Hehe, I'm trying out IIDX 10th Style and its infamously tight timing windows... but I'm getting Bs on charts that I've gotten AA on in Tricoro, and I can't even pass many of the charts that I thought I could do. Do you think it's worth it to continue to practice with 10th Style, or should I just stick to Tricoro?
It's not worth it. Just stick to Tricoro since the timing, settings and other shit is different on 10th Style. You'll have a difficult time making the transition back to Tricoro if you just keep playing 10th Style. If you want to get better at timing, just keep playing various songs on Random and practice low density songs to improve.
Nyquill
Anyone else hype for spada
TakuMii
I'm planning on grabbing spada omnimix since I heard it was planned for day 1 :)
ggsnipess
oh god, forgot this is even here.

grabbing spada day 1, grabbing fps once im done travelling japan. Also have been mashing bms with keyboard and dying ez pz.

DeletedUser_3905941

LikaKrazy wrote:

I would say purchasing an FP7 or FPS will be well worth it in the end. The controller will last you a very long time, even if you play here and there; eventually you may find yourself playing for long periods of time.

In regards to Honeywells and Omrons... Omrons tend to come in a variety of weight and they have a longer life span. On the other hand, Honeywells tend to feel way too light and they're prone to breaking after a long period of time, oppose Omrons which has a longer life span. The preferred combination for players in Japan is 50g Omrons along with 100g springs because it's a perfect balance; not too heavy, not too light, it feels just right especially if you're working on stamina and timing.

I recently purchased a set of seven 50g Omron switches and 100g springs directly from Sanwa Denshi and once I installed everything I started to see a jump in my scores: -5 AA on AA [A], AAAing 7s and 8s without much of an issue, most of my 11s were increasing by like 60~100; my average ranking on most songs varies between 60~30/200~300. My issue was that my springs were too light and my switches were way too heavy so my keys felt way too spongy making it very difficult for me to time accordingly, yet I was able to mash through without an issue... At my level of play I needed something to balance it out and that's probably the best combination.
Ah, Thanks for the handy information :)
I guess I'm gonna get a fp7 with 50g omron switches soon then :D
Topic Starter
LikaKrazy

RedPanda wrote:

LikaKrazy wrote:

/Wall of text
Ah, Thanks for the handy information :)
I guess I'm gonna get a fp7 with 50g omron switches soon then :D
I also wanted to mention IIDX is a retarded game, and it demands a lot of time if you want to improve. The best advice that I can offer is play on Random. The moment you get a controller or whatever, strictly play on Random. The reason is because you'll get an exposure to various patterns and shapes that can be applied towards difficult charts. If you play just Non-Ran or Mirror and replay the same chart, congrats, you're only learning how to play that one specific chart; however if you turn on that modification, you'll get a handful of patterns under your belt.

For reference, when my friend started, he played with Random only and became a 9th Dan in just four~five months of play.

Edit: In regards to Pendual that was released a few days ago, the theme looks great, and the default set list is solid.
Nyquill
SPAAAADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Ryu Sei
Since now I can't figure out the patterns when using RD/SR. Which one is better actually?
Topic Starter
LikaKrazy

Ryu Sei wrote:

Since now I can't figure out the patterns when using RD/SR. Which one is better actually?
You use Random for normal play (1-12), and S-Random if you're trying to practice jacks/chord jacks on low level charts (7~8).
Ryu Sei
Woah the performance jump between playing LR2 on Windows and Linux....
It's like.... Flawless...
show more