forum

Mouse versus 'incoming' tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Andersfc
I have been playing osu! for about 2 months now, give or take, and I just recently ordered a 'Wacom bamboo pen tablet CTL471'

Introduction to thread
It will be coming to me within a few days, I play with a 'Razer taipan' mouse, for aiming(atm.)
With that I also use a blackwidow for clicking (I alternate between two keys)
This is how "good" I am at a replay where you can see me alternating+pressing both mouse keys at times, the second song consists of me playing two live recordings on a level that I have yet to beat(for now.)

My DPI is 800(I had it at like 7000 DPI when I started playing osu!, #newbie)
Skin is Black 2014 by Azer & Quanteck

Now, to the point of this thread, I would like to hear if you would suggest me to use my tablet right away, or if you think I should continue using mouse till' I reach my "limit" of skill. I know this might seem foolish since I already ordered the tablet... but still, I'd like to know if you think that it's better to wait using the tablet and try osu! out some more, or if I should just practice with my tablet right away, when I get it.

Youtube vid.
http://youtu.be/r82xhuC072A

I know there's a box for youtube videos that I could add, but you'll see black bars unless you watch it on the actual youtube page, sorry.

I tried rendering the video like 10 times to get rid of the black bars... after I had rendered it once, my computer
kept freezing halfway in, I then figured out that I could stretch the video, using youtube tags...
[ infL ]
Well if you already bought it, might as well use it right? :o
Also don't expect results straight away. May take a week or two to get back to your mouse skill level :)
xasuma
lol. Use it right away.

What kind of question is that..
B1rd
Well in my situation, I had a tablet for about a month while I was still stubbornly using mouse, then I tried the tablet and it took 3 days to exceed my mouse skills, I sorta wish that I'd just done tablet from the start.

So I'd recommend just transfering to tablet straight away, I think it's easier and faster to learn that mouse. Though if you really prefer playing with mouse and are good at it, then by all means stick with it.
Vuelo Eluko
oh my god you dont use hitsounds
oh my god
stop that
iWhorse

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

oh my god
stop that
please stop posting

use your tablet, if you dont like it dont use it if you like it then good, keep it
Topic Starter
Andersfc

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

oh my god
stop that
Actually I do
it's just at like 20% and reg. sound is at 80/100%

In my opinion it's kind of distracting if it's too loud, I can assure you that I can hear it slightly, while playing.

Thanks everyone, I'll try tablet straight away when it comes to my doorstep.
Bauxe

iWhorse wrote:

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

oh my god
stop that
please stop posting

use your tablet, if you dont like it dont use it if you like it then good, keep it
Actually for once I agree with Bassist. Hitsounds help keep rhythm.
Rewben2

iWhorse wrote:

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

oh my god
stop that
please stop posting

Bassist doesn't shitpost as much as he used to, he actually posts relevant/helpful stuff in most cases now
And yes, of course you should use hitsounds... Why wouldn't you?
Noobsicle
if you're recording / rendering at 800x600 / 1024x768 / box resolution, you'll get those black bars because the youtube player is wide screen

the solution to this is to record at 1280x720 and render at 1280x720 (or 1080p if you like)
wildcookie
Use it right away, you haven't reached any noticeable skill yet imo. I thought you were gonna be some person wtih #1k rank thinking of transitioning into a tablet >.>