forum

What accuracy is good enough?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Onii-chan
So I started improving all my scores to bump up my accuracy stat in profile, went till I got a perfect 100%.
Now I'm so conscious about it, to the point that I don't finish any map that I don't SS.
I'm now around rank 47k and it's getting really hard to rank up now because of that. Anyone had anything like that? How to go about it?
Lorenzo
Just play the game. 98-99 acc would be good enough.
Noobsicle
97+
Mythras
if you dont like it dont do it? just go for a percentage range instead of 100%, which is stressful
Akari-
depends on the difficulty of the map and the OD (which affects hit window for 300, 100, and 50)

i personally go for 98 on stuff without streams on OD7 and 94 on stuff with streams, 96/91 on OD8, and a B or higher on maps that are way above my skill level

btw @OP only playing easies and normals because you can SS them is a bad idea for both ranking and improving. try some harder diffs too, even if it means you have to exit at the last second because of your OCD or whatever
meteor22
good accuracy is when you clear the map, i never bother improving a score after that point
dung eater
I try to get hit error below 15ms and unstable rate under 200 ;_; That's around 98% od7 ~95% od8 or something. It's up to you what is good enough for you.
nooblet
100%
AzureRin
0 0 I find ~98% to be just okay, cuz 100% also requires luck...
Rio-
I think 97% or more would be enough...
xGx
GoldenWolf
100% or go home
Zare
the percent you get at the end of the map doesn't matter shit, you can get 100% all the time and still suck balls
You need to pay attention to your Hit Error and Unstable Rate (hover over the performance graph in results screen) below +-10 ms and an UR of <120 are decentish when you play low ODs. High OD usually requires you to get URs below 100 if you want a competively non-shitty score.

oh, low OD being anthing below OD9 btw.
AmaiHachimitsu
It all depends on the OD of the map and its pattern's difficulty, but on typical OD 7-8 maps 97-98% is acceptable.

Never go for SS. Unlike other activities, in osu! nothing good will happen if you want it too much.
Vuelo Eluko

meteor22 wrote:

good accuracy is when you clear the map, i never bother improving a score after that point
High five, fellow 94% bro. 8-)

#LiveForTheStruggle

oddly, high accuracy in standard means you're good, but high accuracy [99%+] in mania means you're a noob most of the time. Wonder why...
B1rd

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

It all depends on the OD of the map and its pattern's difficulty, but on typical OD 7-8 maps 97-98% is acceptable.

Never go for SS. Unlike other activities, in osu! nothing good will happen if you want it too much.
+1.

Trying to SS everything is very detrimental for getting better. If you're trying to go for good accuracy, don't try above 99%. But in general, you should try playing faster maps to increase your speed, even if you get B's and C's on them.
iWhorse
no accuracy will ever be good enough

prepare to retry forever

Its subjective and it depends on the map 100% of the time, you cant just throw a number on it
Kaeru
It all depends on the map. If I'm playing some 490 map like Eighto, I'm not expecting to get 97% accuracy.. even 90% would make me happy. You should only be focused on improving your scores. Some of my best plays on this game are actually B grades. The only thing you should be worried about is getting a high enough accuracy on a map to get ranks for it. It's not worth playing a map over an over until you SS it, unless you're very close. It's better to just play it a few times and set a reasonably good score on it, and then come back to it later when you feel like trying to improve your score.
[cocoa]_old

GoldenWolf wrote:

100% or go home
x_Co0ki420ezi_x
Accuracy depends on OD. You can get away with ~200UR (which is mashing tier) on OD7.

100-120 UR is my target when I go for pure accuracy. Below that is bikko/lewa/mugio territory aka 'good' enough.
Mikelicious
98%+
Oinari-sama
I set different targets for each map. They're just my personal "passing criteria" for a map, not what I think is "good" fiy.

If I played a map and think that-
  1. there's absolutely no reason why I didn't SS => 100%
  2. the map is easy to FC but there're 1 or 2 traps => 100% (max 20 retry or till furstrated, whichever comes first)
  3. the map is FC-able but it requires a skill which I'm bad at (eg stream) => 99.5%
  4. the map is barely Pass-able at my current level => play till the end but don't finish the map
Just remember that this is a game and everyone has different view on what's good/fun. Play to have fun, don't turn it into work :)
Novixion
I'm horrible with accuracy. Thus, as long as I score over 95% with an FC I'm usually happy (unless I go for the 99%).
theLiminator

thedamntrain wrote:

Accuracy depends on OD. You can get away with ~200UR (which is mashing tier) on OD7.

100-120 UR is my target when I go for pure accuracy. Below that is bikko/lewa/mugio territory aka 'good' enough.
lol how do you get super accurate. My UR totally sucks. I'm totally shit when it comes to accuracy. I have like 300-400 UR on average, on maps where I do "good" I get like 200-250ish.... It seems like I haven't improved in this aspect since I've started playing.
x_Co0ki420ezi_x

theLiminator wrote:

thedamntrain wrote:

lol how do you get super accurate. My UR totally sucks. I'm totally shit when it comes to accuracy. I have like 300-400 UR on average, on maps where I do "good" I get like 200-250ish.... It seems like I haven't improved in this aspect since I've started playing.
Practice, as always with everything in this game. The obvious part is having a good sense of rhythm which you can develop by (again) practicing.
Zare
bikko/lewa/mugio territory is <70 UR, not <100 wtf
x_Co0ki420ezi_x

Zare wrote:

bikko/lewa/mugio territory is <70 UR, not <100 wtf
Do you know how values work?
Monstrata
93.16% is good enough for S

Assuming no misses and at most 1% 50's.
daredakke
Trying to go for 100% would likely cause you to spend way too much time on a map, especially longer ones. Keep playing as usual and eventually your accuracy will improve anyway.
Tillerino
If you're interested in the relationship between accuracy and pp, I recently wrote something on /r/osugame about that.
ksg
98% on od9, 99% on od8, and SS or max 2x100 on od7. Minus 1% if there's a lot of streams because I'm a bad player.

It's really just about your own standards, to be honest, since there's no global "one true standard" for what is "good enough", in anything.
ballplay
SS'ing easy maps is not good for you
show more