forum

Big Daddy ft. Hanh Sino - Nong

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ent3rtainer
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Montag, 23. Juni 2014 at 21:35:57

Artist: Big Daddy ft. Hanh Sino
Title: Nong
Tags: Vietnamese, Pop
BPM: 85
Filesize: 3323kb
Play Time: 01:17
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1,25 stars, 53 notes)
  2. Hard (3,86 stars, 368 notes)
  3. Normal (2,2 stars, 109 notes)
Download: Big Daddy ft. Hanh Sino - Nong
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Nóng by BigDaddy ft. Hanh Sino <3
We want to show you another Language with great Songs, so i hope you will enjoy it.
Nóng như thế này thì làm sao phải mặc. Làm sao phải mặc, làm làm làm sao phải mặc.
Easy by Ent3rtainer and Yezurey
Normal by Ent3rtainer and Yezurey
Hard by Ent3rtainer and Yezurey
idodgebull3ts
From my queue

[General]
Your Easy and Normal diffs end significantly earlier than Hard. It's a guideline not a rule that you have to end them at the same spot, but Hard is literally longer than both diffs combined.
You need to add hitsounds.
Your Normal and Hard diffs have the same CS, HP, and AR. And Normal has higher OD... I'd recommend fixing it so there's a reasonable progression through your mapset.

[Easy]
00:34:385 (3) - This feels kinda weird. The vocals it's following start on the blue tick immediately prior, but it's an Easy so that's not really an option. As everything before it has been on a white tick, I'd try moving it back to the following white tick and seeing if that sounds better. It's gonna sound off either way so might as well be consistent.
01:18:503 (7) - This would sound better as a slider.

[Normal]
00:28:032 (5) - It would look better if this lined up with the end of the preceding slider
00:52:738 (1,2) - Overlaps like this are ugly, consider lining them up or blanketing them
01:17:797 (9) - Any reason you end here instead of mapping a few seconds longer and being consistent with the Easy diff?

[Hard]
So here you've tried to map something significantly harder than you (and your collab friend) are able to pass. Unfortunately, this shows from the very beginning of the map. I'd strongly recommend either remapping it at a lower difficulty, ideally around 3.0 stars or getting someone to do a GD for your Hard diff. I'm not going to mod this diff as doing so would entail effectively doing a full remap myself. Sorry.

Good luck on your map
Topic Starter
Ent3rtainer
Thank you for your time to mod our map.
I just tried to improve the normal and easy diffis with your advice and i liked it, it was really good :D
Hitsound we will add later, thx for the hint.
Hard we were trying to do our best, but it is really that bad? : :cry:
Hope you can help us rookies a little bit more^^
idodgebull3ts
Glad to hear you liked the suggestions. If you'd like me to go a bit more in depth on the problems with your hard diff, catch me when I'm online ingame and I'll explain it. Basically the patterns don't follow the music consistently and there's a lot of timing issues. Also AR5 isn't something you see on maps above 3 stars. For a 3.86 star map you usually have 7 or 8 AR.

(Oh and btw, you're supposed to give kudosu for mods :) just a heads up. It also increases your map's star priority.)
Jaltzu
GENERAL
Map easy and normal fully. Every diff of a map should be of same length. Another option is cut the song, so every diff is short.
Add custom combo colours from song setup -> colours.
Add hitsounds (Whistle / clap / finish at the right side of the editor) You don't have to use all the time, but some MUST be used.
Actual music in this song is pretty monotonous, so try to map according to the vocals.

EASY
This is basically just 1 note / 1 tic. I mean, you just have hits on white tics on timeline, and nowhere else. => Booooring. Add more style. I'll include some examples here.
00:22:738 - 00:31:208 Could be something like this:
http://puu.sh/agX4B/d0b5376218.jpg
http://puu.sh/agXaB/132ec6c5cd.jpg

00:39:679 - 00:43:914
http://puu.sh/agXzj/e1f0fe7fc9.jpg

Use lots of slider, especially in easy / normal diffs. That way there's less blanc space in the map.
I won't mod more for now, because I would just be mapping the whole thing all over again.

NORMAL
Same problems as in easy diff. You don't have to add note to every single white tic. This at least has some style
00:24:855 (6,1) - Replace circle with 1/2 tic long slider. (1 tic = space between white sticks in the timeline). Move the slider 1/2 tic forward. Delete circle at 00:26:267
00:26:620 (2) - Replace with a circle.
00:26:973 - You could add here a 3 point slider; start at ←said time, turning point at 00:27:503, so it would end at 00:28:032-
Normal diff doesn't have to be significantly harder than easy.

HARD
First thing: this is no hard map. Definitely insane.
This map is overally REALLY messy. I recommend remapping this, to 2,9-3,3 stars.
REMEMBER: higher difficulty does NOT mean that you have to put 3x the notes in it.
Use more sliders. MORE SLIDERS!
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.