forum

HR? HD? HRHD?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
iHeartLolis
Basic question. Should I just learn HR and HD together or learn them separately then combine the two?
Edit: Of course I'm not wanting to learn HRHD just for PP. I want to improve my osu skills overall. I will get to that point where I will practice DT but for now I must learn an easier mod, HR and HD.
[ infL ]
Well if you currently can't play HD, then I would suggest learning that first as you can combine it with DT as well.
Once you learned HD, then try HR or HDHR and if you feel your accuracy is bad due to the high OD, maybe you can just learn HR only first :)
B1rd
I say just learn HR HD to start out with. I started with HR, but I switched to HR HD pretty soon after and I'm doing ok with it, even though I'm not great at hidden normally.
Yauxo
Started and got pretty good with HD, hated HR - so I basically skipped the HR only part and went ahead to play HDHR and I think that I can play HDHR decent now.
Also, try to practise on maps that you know. You wont be suprised by random triplets you dont know and you'll probably learn AR10 even faster. Less frustrating as well.

So to the question: you can learn both together, but learning HD over HR seems like a good idea for me, as you can adapt to HR faster (as it's "just" a higher CS, OD and AR). HD changes the way you have to read the map, so it'd be better to know the basics of this before going further
shavit
everyone is a speed whore today
play DT
iWhorse
neither

play dt
B1rd
DT pp gain will proabably be nerfed one day, then HDHR masterrace will reign~
Loves
HRHD used to give tonnes of PP.

I'd start HD first though, I made the mistake of going HR when I first started out and then I got greedy as PP kept pushing me up, so I started playing HR only.

Even now, I can't play some AR9 maps, albeit AR8.
Mikelicious
HR.
daredakke
I still prefer DT, but I'm doing HR and HD separately right now. Depends on the difficulty of the map though.
meteor22

B1rd wrote:

DT pp gain will proabably be nerfed one day, then HDHR masterrace will reign~
lol, you wish
Kaeru
I agree that DT + HD will always be better for pp than HR + HD, but you can't call yourself a very skilled Osu! player if you can't do HR. I think it's good to play DT to practice speed and set scores, but you should also play a good amount of HR. There are a ton of great scores that I'm really close to setting with HR/HD but I can't because I haven't practiced HR enough.