forum

I made a bot that recommends beatmaps. Try it!

posted
Total Posts
show more
otoed1

JonQuy wrote:

I have the exact opposite, it only gives me Maps that im unable to even get through, quite depressing lol
From What I've understood these maps are still "technically" in your skill level. The bot is supposed to give you maps that are potential top ten, so your top ten were probably very hard for you to achieve and its giving you similarly hard maps.
ProgrammerSocks
Are there any plans to support modes other than Standard? Either way, good work, this is infinitely more useful than the Trainer bot!
Osuology
Dang that's cool, I like it. :)
Arin Kaylin
Been trying this today, it works great! Will be using this more often, thanks!
Ryneo
Using this won't affect the human Tillerino, right?
Kingkevin30

otoed1 wrote:

JonQuy wrote:

I have the exact opposite, it only gives me Maps that im unable to even get through, quite depressing lol
From What I've understood these maps are still "technically" in your skill level. The bot is supposed to give you maps that are potential top ten, so your top ten were probably very hard for you to achieve and its giving you similarly hard maps.
well yeah, but my "good records" were done long ago, im not playing standard as much so i "lost" my skill with the time. soo yeah..
Arin Kaylin
Did you stop the bot? I tried earlier as usual and it didn't work anymore.

Edit: Seems to be working ok now.
- Marco -
Hey tillerino! can i help traslating into italian? :D
Kouya-
Am I doing something wrong ?

It says the user is not online xDD
timemon
tfw tillerino recommends you your top plays with a better pp.
I'm offended.
Topic Starter
Tillerino
Damn, totally forgot about this thread.

Rosaryn wrote:

Using this won't affect the human Tillerino, right?
When I have my client open, there's a shitload of tabs and notifications, but I'm very used to it and the notifications don't show while I'm playing, so it's no problem. Interestingly, nowadays more often than not someone is spectating me, which is something that I did not see coming. Had five specs yesterday. Made me feel special (although most of them were probably more like: wtf? this thing is playing?)

marcostudios wrote:

Hey tillerino! can i help traslating into italian? :D
Hey marcostudios! Thx for your help, but I don't think a localization is necessary.

SupaWolfTiga wrote:

Am I doing something wrong ?

It says the user is not online xDD
This has happened before for a couple of players. I think someone was opening the message window with /msg or something, I can't remember. It got resolved every time.

timemon wrote:

tfw tillerino recommends you your top plays with a better pp.
I'm offended.
It's gonna recommend this beatmap next: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/25802
_Steve
Very useful, thanks :D
LoWesT13
mmh bot not working? doesnt work for me :/
Canozo
:o
Rewben2
otoed1
RIP in pieces Tillerino. I guess.
Cataku
I love this bot, it made me like osu so much more now that I know which maps are best for my skill level
But the bot keeps going on/off-line now and doesn't respond to requests ;____;
Topic Starter
Tillerino

Cataku wrote:

I love this bot, it made me like osu so much more now that I know which maps are best for my skill level
working on it
Cataku

Tillerino wrote:

Cataku wrote:

working on it
Awesome!
Good luck, then
Topic Starter
Tillerino

Cataku wrote:

Tillerino wrote:

working on it
Awesome!
Good luck, then
should already be back to normal
Cataku

Tillerino wrote:

should already be back to normal
:D
Can't check yet, but thanks!
Aqua Rush
Peppy hire that guy as a coder or at least give him a few months of osu! supporter.

OT;
Awesome bot mate, it linked me to some old maps I haven't played for a while + if you are skilled, your rank can't drop no matter how hard you try to.

10/10 bot.
otoed1
I'm not sure if this is the place to post this, but I'd like it if there was a !rhard or something along those lines, that would have tillerino give maps that are beyond your top plays, and your unlikely to actually FC. I think it would make it a lot easier to practice, be cause as of right now I have no idea what maps I should be playing to improve my overall play and because of this I spend my time playing the "FCable" maps tillerino gives me in order to improve my skill. The problem with this is that it doesn't teach me much very quickly, whereas playing significantly harder maps will force me to learn new types of patterns etc. etc. I'm not saying that I can't simply go and play harder maps myself, but I do think it would be a unqiue and awesome feature. Just my two cents.

EDIT: tl;dr add a feature to request harder maps.
Topic Starter
Tillerino

otoed1 wrote:

I'm not sure if this is the place to post this, but I'd like it if there was a !rhard or something along those lines, that would have tillerino give maps that are beyond your top plays, and your unlikely to actually FC. I think it would make it a lot easier to practice, be cause as of right now I have no idea what maps I should be playing to improve my overall play and because of this I spend my time playing the "FCable" maps tillerino gives me in order to improve my skill. The problem with this is that it doesn't teach me much very quickly, whereas playing significantly harder maps will force me to learn new types of patterns etc. etc. I'm not saying that I can't simply go and play harder maps myself, but I do think it would be a unqiue and awesome feature. Just my two cents.

EDIT: tl;dr add a feature to request harder maps.
I've been planning on adding the possibility to tweak recommendations up and down a bit, but I have some other things to do atm.

I added an issue for this: https://github.com/Tillerino/Tillerinobot/issues/11 Check in over there to see what's happening.
otoed1
That sounds awesome! :D Thanks for considering my request.<3
Nebilim
I just tried this and gained about 6000 ranks in a couple of hours by playing the bot's recommendations. It's really good at finding maps on the upper end of what I can FC in a few attempts. For a while I've had the problem where I watch my rank get lower even as I get better and play harder maps, and this bot basically solves that by finding maps worth good pp I would probably never have played otherwise.
Athrun
Bot is amazing. 21/10 would recommend any person who is bored to use it.

Best way to find music as well. :D Thanks
Gumpy
Giff me TV Size!
Lasse

Gumpyyy wrote:

Giff me TV Size!
maybe add a command "!recommend short" that filters out maps >2min?
If have no idea how your bot is coded, but since you get the duration of the map already it should work?
I'd love a feature like that too ;)

Just have to say that I love your bot and I think it really helped me improving at the game by finding maps that are at my current level of play/a little bit above ;)
Topic Starter
Tillerino

Lasse wrote:

Gumpyyy wrote:

Giff me TV Size!
maybe add a command "!recommend short" that filters out maps >2min?
If have no idea how your bot is coded, but since you get the duration of the map already it should work?
I'd love a feature like that too ;)

Just have to say that I love your bot and I think it really helped me improving at the game by finding maps that are at my current level of play/a little bit above ;)
Lots of people have asked for various filters (mostly AR). As stated in the FAQ, I won't implement any of those. If you want a beatmap filter, head over to http://addictedtopp.appspot.com. The data on the site is pretty outdated (pp is pre long map buff and star diff is before it was multiplied by 1.5). I'm working on integrating it with Tillerinobot for live data (and some other sweet features).
Neverwinter2
I can not understand, what to do for trying..... help please...
otoed1

Neverwinter2 wrote:

I can not understand, what to do for trying..... help please...
I don't understand your question. Message the bot !faq to get to the wiki. maybe it knows the answer to your question.
Mugino
Nice Bot! Thank you Tillerino!
phaZ
nice bot, glad i got known to it :3
Bara-
AWESOME
2 things though
Will there come all-mode support?
For some mod combination, it says it can't retrieve data. Is this because no-one got such score with that mod?
Topic Starter
Tillerino

baraatje123 wrote:

AWESOME
2 things though
Will there come all-mode support?
For some mod combination, it says it can't retrieve data. Is this because no-one got such score with that mod?
There might be support for other modes at some point, but I don't have any concrete plans at the moment.

If it can't tell you anything about specific mods that's because it doesn't know enough. That might be because there are no scores at all for those (or similar) mods, or that it just hasn't stumbled across them. Mod coverage is getting better and better, but there are a lot of beatmaps.
Bara-
Thanks (for such a quick reply)!!
I love using it
Raised from 18k to 16k in 1 day
You are awesome!
silmarilen

this isnt right, this map isnt 7.7 stars with hdhr
Topic Starter
Tillerino

silmarilen wrote:

Thx. I'll look into it.
Topic Starter
Tillerino

Tillerino wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

Thx. I'll look into it.
This is an artefact of a bug in the osu backend. I've been in contact with peppy and Tom94 about this for a while. It should be fixed soon.
show more