forum

I made a bot that recommends beatmaps. Try it!

posted
Total Posts
show more
spongypuppet
Same for me lol. I overestimate myself, trying to finish insane maps. The bot sometimes recommended insane but mostly hard ones. Can't even finish the beatmaps it gives me XD.
Sophia
Shit like this is why I trust computers and bots over human beings.
Mizuno Yui

spongypuppet wrote:

Same for me lol. I overestimate myself, trying to finish insane maps. The bot sometimes recommended insane but mostly hard ones. Can't even finish the beatmaps it gives me XD.
There's a fine line between overestimating your abilities and pushing yourself to the limits :D
Cozzzy
Really nice. I actually prefer this to osu!trainer already (which tends to give me maps I don't enjoy somehow)
Dembele
I have to say this is really helpful :D Its given me fun maps, good training maps, and a gain in PP all within the last hour. Thanks!
Granger
Hmm, this seems very usefull. Does it work with other gamemodes correctly?
Iceskulls
Very good it give maps that I can play very well Thank you
Is it recommend for other mode too?
Topic Starter
Tillerino

Granger wrote:

Hmm, this seems very usefull. Does it work with other gamemodes correctly?

CelsiusLK wrote:

Very good it give maps that I can play very well Thank you
Is it recommend for other mode too?
See updated FAQ
Gigo
Thanks for making this. You know, it doesn't even matter if I can FC the maps that the bot recommends... I just like finding fun maps I didn't know about and the bot manages to do just that.
Gumica
I love this bot, many thanks (:
peppy

VioletMaid wrote:

I'm kinda surprised these kinds of things aren't built directly into the game to keep people focused.
Insyni
I'm practicing insanes.... it recommended an map with [Easy] difficulty...

:'(

Edit: Nvm, the 2nd one was better.
Granger
Aww, so not for any other modes... what a bummer...

peppy wrote:

VioletMaid wrote:

I'm kinda surprised these kinds of things aren't built directly into the game to keep people focused.
I think he means ingame.

On that note, this one doesnt work that well, it recomments me maps i allready FCed (Or it meant the next diff in the same mapsets, which sadly is out of my skill...).
It doesnt tell you which mods you should use nor specify the difficulty it recomments.
Topic Starter
Tillerino

Granger wrote:

peppy wrote:

I think he means ingame.

On that note, this one doesnt work that well, it recomments me maps i allready FCed (Or it meant the next diff in the same mapsets, which sadly is out of my skill...).
It doesnt tell you which mods you should use nor specify the difficulty it recomments.
It doesn't show you which map in the set to play, so it's probably recommending you the diff which you already played.

It looks like all this does is list new beatmaps around a somehow determined personal star difficulty. The determined star difficulty seems pretty low, since it is very clear that none of the found maps would give me any pp. To be fair, if this had existed when I started playing, I would have played a lot more. The results are fine if you're not looking for pp and either your skills are balanced the way that they are in the star diff system, or you are looking to balance them more like they are in the star diff system. But it is clear that this is a simple search function, not a recommendation system. Mods, which play a big role in higher ranks, are completely disregarded.
Granger

Tillerino wrote:

Granger wrote:

I think he means ingame.

It doesn't show you which map in the set to play, so it's probably recommending you the diff which you already played.

It looks like all this does is list new beatmaps around a somehow determined personal star difficulty. The determined star difficulty seems pretty low, since it is very clear that none of the found maps would give me any pp. To be fair, if this had existed when I started playing, I would have played a lot more. The results are fine if you're not looking for pp and either your skills are balanced the way that they are in the star diff system, or you are looking to balance them more like they are in the star diff system. But it is clear that this is a simple search function, not a recommendation system. Mods, which play a big role in higher ranks, are completely disregarded.
Hmm, but why would it recommend me a map i SSed? With Hardrock...
Tom94

Tillerino wrote:

Maps around the recommended difficulty should give a good amount of pp, specifically because pp is based on (components of) the star difficulty. Mods are coming, too. :)

On topic: Nice bot, that you made. The feedback you are getting by itself speaks for it.

Granger wrote:

Hmm, but why would it recommend me a map i SSed? With Hardrock...
You are probably talking about Catch the Beat where star difficulty is quite a bit off at the moment. If you are a supporter you can make the search only display maps you have not played yet. (There seems to be a bug with that option not working when sorting by difficulty, but it will be fixed soon.)
daredakke
Started using this today, gotten me some good results so far.

Kinda skeptical at first, but I think I'll be using this a lot more from now on. Good job.
Topic Starter
Tillerino

Tom94 wrote:

Maps around the recommended difficulty should give a good amount of pp, specifically because pp is based on (components of) the star difficulty. Mods are coming, too. :)

On topic: Nice bot, that you made. The feedback you are getting by itself speaks for it.

I know that star difficulty and max pp are very similar, but my recommended star difficulty is simply to low. It's 4.58 I believe, which is around the star diff of my #40 play. Maybe you forgot to factor in mods?
Amedis

-GN wrote:

I haven't been trying this extensively(yet), but I think it's really cool, and the beatmaps it has given me are all pretty nice. Thanks for this!
I agree!
Tom94

Tillerino wrote:

Tom94 wrote:

I know that star difficulty and max pp are very similar, but my recommended star difficulty is simply to low. It's 4.58 I believe, which is around the star diff of my #40 play. Maybe you forgot to factor in mods?
Your #9 best performance has 4.54 stars and you played it without mods. :P
I'll look into increasing the estimated difficulty, though.
casmith789
This is pretty cool.

I think its nomod picks are better than its mod picks, but maybe I'm just using the wrong mods :P
Topic Starter
Tillerino

Tom94 wrote:

Your #9 best performance has 4.54 stars and you played it without mods. :P
I'll look into increasing the estimated difficulty, though.
Wh... You're absolutely right! I think I somehow managed to look at exactly those maps where the star diff is unusually high. For the record my #39 play is in fact 4.63 :) Raising the estimated difficulty by a tiny bit might make sense, but I was under the impression that the difference was higher.
ballplay
maybe add more customization? e.g. !recommend bpm<230
all the maps i was recommended had high bpm that i cant handle
Mythras
Star diff = directly pp related ? Hmm I need to actually fc wahrheit instead of being amused by its A pp...
Gigo
I wonder what maps would your bot recommend to Cookiezi (if he was still playing)...
Topic Starter
Tillerino

Gigo wrote:

I wonder what maps would your bot recommend to Cookiezi (if he was still playing)...
The recommendations for any top player would be pretty much nonsense :)
Topic Starter
Tillerino

SloppySeal wrote:

maybe add more customization? e.g. !recommend bpm<230
all the maps i was recommended had high bpm that i cant handle
This is also a FAQ, I'll add it shortly. I'm not going to add any meta data to the request. I might display more meta data with the result so you can identify weird results without having to download the beatmaps.

Also I don't think that it was *all* the maps that had high bpm. Heavenly moon seemed pretty good :) This might be a long shot, but I think you might be able to beat NNRT as well. !recommend is a bit shaky with mods some times. I think I'll make !recommend beta the main thing now. Should probably have done that before I opened this thread.
Mythras
recommend beta (current recommend) is hard as fuck, stuff still seems remotely possible though, pp seems easier to get just getting 99%+ accuracy on all the stuff i already beat lol
xasuma
I really like it. I just tried it today for the first time (recommend beta) and I am really enjoying it. Songs go from at least a little challenging, to challeging enough that I cant quite fc them yet. But fun nonetheless.
Congrats on the bot, I hope you keep working on it , I am looking forward to it.

P.S : I would like a "!commands" command, so I could view them right in game instead of opening the browser. Just a little suggestion that you can certainly ignore. :)
Cocaine dog
I'll start using this! I've been looking for something to give me maps to play q,q <3
Topic Starter
Tillerino

xasuma wrote:

P.S : I would like a "!commands" command, so I could view them right in game instead of opening the browser. Just a little suggestion that you can certainly ignore. :)
That was the response to !help at some point. However, since I need to limit the rate at which I am sending messages, listing all commands would take quite a while and possibly delay other users who are using the bot.
Monstrata
I find that !recommend beta is more accurate in terms of gauging how difficult a map you can play successfully. It recommends songs that are difficult for me but are playable. However, those recommended songs are also songs I can't FC in a few tries. I've pretty much played all my top 20 songs at least 30-40 times. Some a lot more. The normal !recommend often recommends slightly easier songs that, when passed, do not give a boatload of pp, but can be passed in a few tries, maybe even as little as 1 depending on your sight-reading and consistency. You only receive like, 2-3pp maybe, per song.
silmarilen

Tillerino wrote:

xasuma wrote:

That was the response to !help at some point. However, since I need to limit the rate at which I am sending messages, listing all commands would take quite a while and possibly delay other users who are using the bot.
you could just make it link a puush of all the commands or something (a .txt)

it linked me a couple of ar9 maps with low pp value (implying i have to DT it) but i dont have a single ar9 dt score in my top performances, i can barely even pass the easiest of them. is this intended (or just never looked at it before) or would it be possible to change that?
casmith789
Another suggestion - feel free to ignore

When I use /np to show pp values, it would be nice if when I /np when watching/playing a DT score for it to show the best/community pp for the DT score if possible

Been using this for a couple of days and I'm pretty pleased with how it works, I had a "fc later" collection with maps that give a lot of pp and it seems to have recommended most of them to me.
NinjaNick
Second beat-map I play, I got 13 PP. Thank you so much :)
Makou
i love this its so useful ;)
Topic Starter
Tillerino

monstrata wrote:

I find that !recommend beta is more accurate in terms of gauging how difficult a map you can play successfully. It recommends songs that are difficult for me but are playable. However, those recommended songs are also songs I can't FC in a few tries. I've pretty much played all my top 20 songs at least 30-40 times. Some a lot more. The normal !recommend often recommends slightly easier songs that, when passed, do not give a boatload of pp, but can be passed in a few tries, maybe even as little as 1 depending on your sight-reading and consistency. You only receive like, 2-3pp maybe, per song.
The new recommend (which used to be beta; it's the regular one now) tries to give you a potential top 10 play. I've had recommendations of that sort, which I FC'd after a couple of tries, but most of them I need to practice a bit, but I can feel that it improves my abilities. This makes them more valuable in my opinion. The old recommendations are still accessible with !recommend relax.

silmarilen wrote:

you could just make it link a puush of all the commands or something (a .txt)
Is that handled differently in the osu! client? I don't see how that would have any advantages...

silmarilen wrote:

it linked me a couple of ar9 maps with low pp value (implying i have to DT it) but i dont have a single ar9 dt score in my top performances, i can barely even pass the easiest of them. is this intended (or just never looked at it before) or would it be possible to change that?

See updated FAQ.

casmith789 wrote:

When I use /np to show pp values, it would be nice if when I /np when watching/playing a DT score for it to show the best/community pp for the DT score if possible
This will happen eventually.
xasuma
Can we have an alternative way of writing each command?

For example:
!recommend or !r
!recommend relax or !rr

lol. Im actual lazy, and so should you be as a programmer. :)
RaneFire
Time to integrate Tillerino with Bancho. :)

j/k
Rewben2

xasuma wrote:

Can we have an alternative way of writing each command?

For example:
!recommend or !r
!recommend relax or !rr

lol. Im actual lazy, and so should you be as a programmer. :)
I just have "!recommend beta" on my clipboard and ctrl+v spam it lol
show more