[added] Osu Keyboard

posted
Total Posts
96
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +984
show more
FrzR
With that price of that, it could be a good idea to have a bundle deal with the osu!tablet. :D
heethoofd27

Fr33z3R wrote:

With that price of that, it could be a good idea to have a bundle deal with the osu!tablet. :D
That would be incredible. I would pick that up imediately if they were made available.
EnshentoFeari
I need this because my keyboard is to long.
The Gambler
There are some DIY kits I've seen online, this doesn't have a case or buttons but has full functionality. I suppose having them pre-assembled with a case would work.

heethoofd27

dagambler999 wrote:

There are some DIY kits I've seen online, this doesn't have a case or buttons but has full functionality. I suppose having them pre-assembled with a case would work.

With that particular one you have to reprogram it though. It also isn't available in Europe if I remember corectly.
The Gambler

heethoofd27 wrote:

dagambler999 wrote:

There are some DIY kits I've seen online, this doesn't have a case or buttons but has full functionality. I suppose having them pre-assembled with a case would work.

With that particular one you have to reprogram it though. It also isn't available in Europe if I remember corectly.
well, usually github has the code you need for most of the work here..

unless you check out stuff by adafruit or sparkfun... just gotta order the switches, the controller and the casing last time I saw one. Most of their microcontrrollers are Arduino-based (thank god)
heethoofd27
I might even pick one up and try it. After looking through the techkeys.us website I found out that they do ship to Europe. Including shipping, switches, keycaps and the board ofcourse will cost me $30. That's pretty good in my opinion. I can also probably ask my dad to help with making a case for it out of wood or something. This seems like a nice project to try my soldering and electronics skills on, since it doesn't involve a lot of soldering.
Purple
I like the idea of an osu! keyboard but as I have mentioned in the past, Cherry MX switches are made for typing, not to withstand the force of a 240 BPM beatmap play. Arcade microswitches are, and those should be used instead. Only problem with arcade microswitches is that I don't think they have any sort of tactile feedback like blue/brown/clears have, but they make up for it by being much more precise.
Fenek Alfa

Purple wrote:

I like the idea of an osu! keyboard but as I have mentioned in the past, Cherry MX switches are made for typing, not to withstand the force of a 240 BPM beatmap play. Arcade microswitches are, and those should be used instead. Only problem with arcade microswitches is that I don't think they have any sort of tactile feedback like blue/brown/clears have, but they make up for it by being much more precise.
Well, they're made to withstand 50(linear) or 30(tactile and clicky) milion keystrokes, so I'd say they should last quite a while. Besides, if the pad would use PCB mounts then you could pop open the switch and replace the insides with new ones without any soldering.
Purple

Fenek Alfa wrote:

Purple wrote:

I like the idea of an osu! keyboard but as I have mentioned in the past, Cherry MX switches are made for typing, not to withstand the force of a 240 BPM beatmap play. Arcade microswitches are, and those should be used instead. Only problem with arcade microswitches is that I don't think they have any sort of tactile feedback like blue/brown/clears have, but they make up for it by being much more precise.
Well, they're made to withstand 50(linear) or 30(tactile and clicky) milion keystrokes, so I'd say they should last quite a while. Besides, if the pad would use PCB mounts then you could pop open the switch and replace the insides with new ones without any soldering.
30-50 million normal keystrokes, but not this. In any case, replacing them should be trivial like you said, so it is indeed not much of an issue, but I overall I would have preferred it if the effort was put into using arcade parts instead.
Legxis

Purple wrote:

Fenek Alfa wrote:

Well, they're made to withstand 50(linear) or 30(tactile and clicky) milion keystrokes, so I'd say they should last quite a while. Besides, if the pad would use PCB mounts then you could pop open the switch and replace the insides with new ones without any soldering.
30-50 million normal keystrokes, but not this. In any case, replacing them should be trivial like you said, so it is indeed not much of an issue, but I overall I would have preferred it if the effort was put into using arcade parts instead.
No one would try singletapping 440 BPM on them. So that's not an issue.
Shiyzo
Yes!
Great idea! :D
zwsr

Oinari-sama wrote:

- D a s z x - wrote:

I alredy seen it on chinese bbs, and it alredy started to sell on taobao link:
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a23 ... s=1#detail
Omg I want that xD

Is that ¥750.00 meant for RMB or Japanese yen?
oh it's still under construction
and the price of the keyborad may be between 70~150 RMB, namely 10~20 dollars

by the way, this kind of keyboard has been sold since a year nearly
and the link of the keyboard may be the third generation. :)
Lumy
I wish this device appears soon to be purchasable (if not done yet). O.o
newoldboy3
Waaa! :):):)
PyaKura
and I say with the end of MWC we should consider making a complete (read: not 2-keys) osu!kb huehuehue
ovnz
I totally agree, laptop keyboard is hurting my fingers ;w;;
ikzune
making a proper keyboard like this would be difficult as it requires consideration for all game modes which means putting in at least 10 keys to suit osumanias future change plans, there is also the option to make a regular keyboard with osu branding, the main issue tho is that you would have to create all 4 types of switchs plus the laptop sisscor switchs without key rollover trolling. this isnt too difficult but from the manufacturing side, the buyers might not be enough to make production in this product worthwhile, otherwise i would totally request a rubber dome, scissor switch keyboard with n key rollover~~ or at least 10kro
Dazdy

laishiou wrote:

making a proper keyboard like this would be difficult as it requires consideration for all game modes which means putting in at least 10 keys to suit osumanias future change plans, there is also the option to make a regular keyboard with osu branding, the main issue tho is that you would have to create all 4 types of switchs plus the laptop sisscor switchs without key rollover trolling. this isnt too difficult but from the manufacturing side, the buyers might not be enough to make production in this product worthwhile, otherwise i would totally request a rubber dome, scissor switch keyboard with n key rollover~~ or at least 10kro
I agree here. It'd need to be usable for all game modes and that would be a waste for majority of players who don't play all the modes. If they have separate keyboards for each game mode it'd be too expensive to manufacture.
PyaKura
I said that as a joke, my current keyboard already fill my needs. I know it's not really worth it to make different keyboards since not everyone are gonna buy them. That said I wonder how many osu!tablets have been sold up until now.
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply