forum

[added] Osu Keyboard

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +987
show more
ruikoH

Legxis wrote:

Like:

samlinvc wrote:

Legxis wrote:

Like:
I don't even. Don't add extra keys that are unnecessary. Standard people can use two keys in the rows above without trouble. Even my layout has one unnecessary key, since just eight would be enough, but then you'd have to click the former-space-key in 7k with a different finger and it would probably mess everything up.
Full Tablet

Legxis wrote:

I don't even. Don't add extra keys that are unnecessary. Standard people can use two keys in the rows above without trouble. Even my layout has one unnecessary key, since just eight would be enough, but then you'd have to click the former-space-key in 7k with a different finger and it would probably mess everything up.
What about players that use both of their thumbs?
shavit

Full Tablet wrote:

Legxis wrote:

What about players that use both of their thumbs?
if the second key is long (like a spacebar) it'd be possible to be used with both thumbs.
ConanCloud
I am for a osu keyboard, but the keyboard have to be useful in all gamemodes and it should be use for all players. Specially in ctb are some 1-hand-player like me :D
Kritzkingvoid

Full Tablet wrote:

Legxis wrote:

Why not just make it look like a standard gaming keyboard, So that we can use the osu! Keyboard for other games
xasuma

Kritzkingvoid wrote:

Why not just make it look like a standard gaming keyboard, So that we can use the osu! Keyboard for other games
I think then it would lose its principal of "osu keyboard" and defeat its purpose. You'd probably want a regular keyboard which you can use on anything ^^
Kyroh
Would be interesting to see. I'd buy it :) Although idk if it'd be very profitable
Topic Starter
Dundy
Cool. Never thought this post would be a big deal. Thanks senpais for noticing me. :D
Fenek Alfa
http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/# ... d57b61662e

I think it would be best to just make the 4k's in this layout, with both left and right-handed versions, and if somebody wanted to play 8k then they'd just buy one of each.
I Give Up
I hope these things would come with a lead weight or quality feet because this thing looks like it could slide around during jump circles. Especially with the way some of us osu players play (button mash like a mad man).
[_TetsuyaKuro_]
seems cool!! :)
Gumpy
Can't you just make this yourself if you have enough time?
xasuma

Gumpyyy wrote:

Most people don't have the knowledge/guts. :)
Cutie God

xasuma wrote:

Gumpyyy wrote:

Most people don't have the knowledge/guts. :)
Tut.

1. Get a keyboard
2. Be sure, it has mx switches!
3. Take a saw
4. Be a man.
?????????

Naah but, really! that's a nice thing! I would buy it right away! :)
Maxis

Gumpyyy wrote:

Perhaps the fact that it's so easy to make could be another reason it should be made?
Chocolat
Cool idea, but I feel like using a bit more money for a full sized keyboard would be better.
Just my thought.
Tollyx
You guys just gave me an pretty awesome idea.
It works surprisingly well and feels really nice to play with, the only thing is that the fightstick is huge and the buttons is a little more apart than what you're used to.

I guess that means I might build my own arcade osu!controller thing in the future when I have the money.
Italo
I really think that "osu!" keyboard needs only 2 keys, would be really cheap and really nice to see a 2k kb
myy
Instead of a keyboard with only 2 keys for osu!standard, how about a keyboard for all gamemodes?

Something like this;

I think this would cost around 20$.
Lorenzo
heethoofd27
Why not have two versions. One with the 9 key layout for all of the gamemodes and one with just the two keys for the osu standard mode and sell it for a bit less.
The Gambler

Gumpyyy wrote:

Well, shipping parts can be a pain, though i have a couple arduinos lying around
xasuma
Has anyone gotten this: ? http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a23 ... s=1#detail

I am trying to get one, but im not sure if they are mechanical switches / and what color switches.
I know you can choose the (decorative) color of the key caps when you order. But other than that I don't get much after google translating the site.
Do they ship anywhere in the world? And can you pay with any credit card?

(Someone that knows chinese help)
heethoofd27

xasuma wrote:

Has anyone gotten this: ? http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a23 ... s=1#detail

I am trying to get one, but im not sure if they are mechanical switches / and what color switches.
I know you can choose the (decorative) color of the key caps when you order. But other than that I don't get much after google translating the site.
Do they ship anywhere in the world? And can you pay with any credit card?

(Someone that knows chinese help)
It looks like blue mechanical switches in this picture however, after searching google for this 五脚轴 it seems that they aren't official cherry mx switches but some other kind of mechanical switch (maybe kailh?) http://gd1.alicdn.com/imgextra/i1/1895821576/T2Vcp3X18XXXXXXXXX_!!1895821576.jpg
Italo
I have one keyboard with kailh switches, really want to ship some cherry mx reds for replace D:
iJXL

Riverien wrote:

Instead of a keyboard with only 2 keys for osu!standard, how about a keyboard for all gamemodes?

Something like this;

I think this would cost around 20$.
this is the best! xD :)
xxxxen0n

heethoofd27 wrote:

after searching google for this 五脚轴 it seems that they aren't official cherry mx switches but some other kind of mechanical switch (maybe kailh?)
nonono 五脚轴 is basically Chinese for "5-legged switch" (轴 means "axis" which is used to describe the switch), which is different from a 三脚轴 (3-legged switch) which has the additional 2 supportive legs removed. This is better illustrated by this post: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2485721339 (in Chinese; see the last pic of OP)
FrzR
With that price of that, it could be a good idea to have a bundle deal with the osu!tablet. :D
heethoofd27

Fr33z3R wrote:

With that price of that, it could be a good idea to have a bundle deal with the osu!tablet. :D
That would be incredible. I would pick that up imediately if they were made available.
EnshentoFeari
I need this because my keyboard is to long.
The Gambler
There are some DIY kits I've seen online, this doesn't have a case or buttons but has full functionality. I suppose having them pre-assembled with a case would work.

heethoofd27

dagambler999 wrote:

There are some DIY kits I've seen online, this doesn't have a case or buttons but has full functionality. I suppose having them pre-assembled with a case would work.

With that particular one you have to reprogram it though. It also isn't available in Europe if I remember corectly.
The Gambler

heethoofd27 wrote:

dagambler999 wrote:

With that particular one you have to reprogram it though. It also isn't available in Europe if I remember corectly.
well, usually github has the code you need for most of the work here..

unless you check out stuff by adafruit or sparkfun... just gotta order the switches, the controller and the casing last time I saw one. Most of their microcontrrollers are Arduino-based (thank god)
heethoofd27
I might even pick one up and try it. After looking through the techkeys.us website I found out that they do ship to Europe. Including shipping, switches, keycaps and the board ofcourse will cost me $30. That's pretty good in my opinion. I can also probably ask my dad to help with making a case for it out of wood or something. This seems like a nice project to try my soldering and electronics skills on, since it doesn't involve a lot of soldering.
Purple
I like the idea of an osu! keyboard but as I have mentioned in the past, Cherry MX switches are made for typing, not to withstand the force of a 240 BPM beatmap play. Arcade microswitches are, and those should be used instead. Only problem with arcade microswitches is that I don't think they have any sort of tactile feedback like blue/brown/clears have, but they make up for it by being much more precise.
Fenek Alfa

Purple wrote:

I like the idea of an osu! keyboard but as I have mentioned in the past, Cherry MX switches are made for typing, not to withstand the force of a 240 BPM beatmap play. Arcade microswitches are, and those should be used instead. Only problem with arcade microswitches is that I don't think they have any sort of tactile feedback like blue/brown/clears have, but they make up for it by being much more precise.
Well, they're made to withstand 50(linear) or 30(tactile and clicky) milion keystrokes, so I'd say they should last quite a while. Besides, if the pad would use PCB mounts then you could pop open the switch and replace the insides with new ones without any soldering.
Purple

Fenek Alfa wrote:

Purple wrote:

Well, they're made to withstand 50(linear) or 30(tactile and clicky) milion keystrokes, so I'd say they should last quite a while. Besides, if the pad would use PCB mounts then you could pop open the switch and replace the insides with new ones without any soldering.
30-50 million normal keystrokes, but not this. In any case, replacing them should be trivial like you said, so it is indeed not much of an issue, but I overall I would have preferred it if the effort was put into using arcade parts instead.
Legxis

Purple wrote:

Fenek Alfa wrote:

30-50 million normal keystrokes, but not this. In any case, replacing them should be trivial like you said, so it is indeed not much of an issue, but I overall I would have preferred it if the effort was put into using arcade parts instead.
No one would try singletapping 440 BPM on them. So that's not an issue.
Shiyzo
Yes!
Great idea! :D
show more