forum

[Archived] Low FPS

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Starz0r
For some odd reason I can't reach 1000+ fps anymore when I used to be able to reach that amount. I haven't done anything different it just doesn't reach 1000fps anymore. Unlimited FPS is toggled on.

Computer Specifications:
Operating System - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU - AMD FX-6300
RAM - 8GB 667MHz
Motherboard - ASRock 960GM/U3S3 FX
Graphics Card - 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

osu! version: 20140620.11 (latest)
DENKOUSEKKA
Do you have any pending Windows updates?
Marcin
And ... how much do you reach?...
Topic Starter
Starz0r

Yazawa wrote:

possibly

Marcin wrote:

And ... how much do you reach?...
I only reach up to 300 and thats really it. If a map has a storyboard or a map runs in Kai mode some times it will lag and drop frames more then often.
TheVileOne
You don't need 1000 FPS. 300 is more than enough.

How long ago did you get this amount? You are probably shortening the life of your CPU by making it work harder than it needs to work. Lag spikes are because your CPU/GPU is trying to sustain a level of performance that it can't maintain, and eventually it has to take a performance hit which affects input. Using a frame limiter ensures a more stable and less laggy experience.

Have you noticed anything different about your computer? Does it startup slower than normal? Are the fans louder? Maybe you have just not noticed that performance has been slowly worsening over time.

It could be a software issue if you've installed newer drivers. Windows updates might fix issues. Anything that can monitor in the background can affect performance.
DENKOUSEKKA
Install the updates and it might fix your issue. Happened to me and my friend and fixed when we updated to the latest version.
Topic Starter
Starz0r

Yazawa wrote:

Install the updates and it might fix your issue. Happened to me and my friend and fixed when we updated to the latest version.
I think installing all the updates from the Windows Updater worked. I'll post later if it doesn't or does work.
Tsukasa
I actually never experienced this until the latest update.

From about 500 FPS down to 200 FPS just like that.

Yazawa wrote:

I'm wondering why you suddenly need to grab some windows update when it never happened before. I'm still gonna try installing updates, but I still find it weird that I've barely touched my update and now it became a problem
DENKOUSEKKA

Starz0r wrote:

I think installing all the updates from the Windows Updater worked. I'll post later if it doesn't or does work.
Hopefully it will work, Might actually help everyone else with a similar problem that is not resolved yet

Tsukasa wrote:

I'm wondering why you suddenly need to grab some windows update when it never happened before. I'm still gonna try installing updates, but I still find it weird that I've barely touched my update and now it became a problem
I'm clueless on that too but it obviously will not work for everyone but it works for most people (Like myself)
Alexzoin
I have mine set to cap at 60. Because my monitor is only 60 Hertz. But It's only doing like 50 or lower sometimes. If I set it higher I used to have no problem going above 1000 on unlimited, but now it's only about 500. It also feels really jittery. Like it's a lower frame rate than it's displaying almost.
Specs:
Graphics - AMD R9 290 4GB
CPU - AMD 9390 5ghz 8 core
RAM - 16GB

Thanks.