60.72%
No
18.42%
I didn't know I could change it
20.86%
Total votes: 863
Topic Starter
Pengua
So, I just edited out the follow points on my skin and played a couple songs. It feels completely different but for some reason it makes it easier to read the timing. I might re-enable them but I was wondering what G&R thinks about them and whether or not it's good to have them on/off.

something about hidden being harder without them, too bad I don't play hidden.
Blueprint
Follow points let you know the general area of the next circle therefor you are less likely to miss
Zare
use them or don't, it doesn't really matter, since they neither really help nor do they distract
they're just - there -
Will3x
Helps with hd
dung eater
Animated followpoints here, looks fun 3:
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1728947
Ichi
Helps for reading ar10. Aside of that is general preference, i wouldn´t take them off unless you really know and understand the game, you shouldn´t rely on them too much though but they still help.
Maxis
follow points are personal preference, either they help or they're clutter, so really just try them out for a few days and see if you prefer them better.

for me personally I've always had my follow points on in the form of straight lines, never considered playing without them now as I rely on them when playing with hidden or to read complicated patterns or jumps. again, some people don't really use them at all even when on so they just see it as extra clutter.
Tsukasa
Actually Follow points are near useless when you're playing.

I actually thought that follow points would help me play in FL back then. I've never been so wrong.

Though, Without follow points, you'll never play right. So it doesn't really matter what follow point you use as long as you have 'em
TakuMii
I personally use an animated followpoint line that fades a bit earlier than normal, so I can use them as a secondary to the approach circles, helping me judge when I'm supposed to hit a hitcircle. The screen is also less cluttered with lines because of this, and it makes it much easier to follow the lines and hit quick jumpy patterns. In fact, for some maps, I almost completely rely on the lines to hit some of the jumps.

(to be completely honest, the way I have it is authentic Ouendan/EBA behaviour, so there's not really a reason for the lines to display for as long as they do by default)
Zare

Tsukasa wrote:

Though, Without follow points, you'll never play right.
can you elaborate?
You said they're useless yet you need them to play right?
RaneFire
After having them off for 3 months, I started using a really thin line as a followpoint. Seems I didn't miss them that much, but I noticed that they have some use on cross-screen combos and HD. I just needed to be able to ignore them when I don't need them and only look at them when I do, so they don't distract me... a really thin line does the trick.
wildcookie
If you're good at reading quick there's a trick with the followpoints where u can make them appear wayy early before the circle appears and u can adjust them whether they should appear a little before the circle or way before
timemon
They can be useful when doing slow jumps. They tell you where the next note will be.
Tsukasa

Zare wrote:

Tsukasa wrote:

Though, Without follow points, you'll never play right.
can you elaborate?
You said they're useless yet you need them to play right?
You know those subtle things in life that you don't notice and never acknowledge, but without them, your life would just be horrible?

It's something like that.

I never notice my follow points, to a point that I don't even see them. But I tried removing my follow point at 1 time. I regret that decision.
Topic Starter
Pengua

Ichi wrote:

Helps for reading ar10. Aside of that is general preference, i wouldn´t take them off unless you really know and understand the game, you shouldn´t rely on them too much though but they still help.
Well, I tend to play a lot of ar10 so it didn't affect my reading at all. After about a day, I'd say it helped my accuracy a bit with the timing. I guess it's just one less thing to focus on.

Looking at the poll, it looks like the majority of people have them on but I think I'll keep them off. Thanks for your opinions everyone! :)