forum

[invalid] osu!direct downloads unbearably slow

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
tsundoll
Problem Details:
Lately osu direct downloads are extremely slow, despite having 25 down internet. It seems to be a little bit faster from the site, but not by much. I don't want to join multiplayer matches and make them wait 3 minutes + for me to download a beatmap.

I get less than 100 KB/s down from the site.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20140615.12 (latest)
peppy

this is 2.3MB/s from japan which is far from the US-based server. The same test from a US location finishes so fast I can't get a screenshot (windows shows ~400MBit/s)

You may want to follow this up with your ISP.
Topic Starter
tsundoll

peppy wrote:

this is 2.3MB/s from japan which is far from the US-based server. The same test from a US location finishes so fast I can't get a screenshot (windows shows ~400MBit/s)

You may want to follow this up with your ISP.
Downloads from everywhere else go full speed. This started about a week ago

Is there a ping or traceroute I should do?
peppy
Nope, neither of those mean much. I mean you can if you want, but the mirror servers are in multiple locations and chosen randomly. If you are getting low speeds across the board then you likely have a larger issue.

Again, nothing I can do; contact your ISP if you think there is an issue (ie. they may be rate limiting you).
Topic Starter
tsundoll
ping to bm1.ppy.sh times out 4/4 times. I don't see why they'd limit one site, whlle I can stream HD video, get 900 KB/s on mediafire, and get near 2,000 KB/s on torrents and steam
peppy
pings are blocked. this means nothing