forum

Recommended Scope Dimensions for the Huion 420 Tablet?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ButteredPotato
Hello! My Huion 420 (not H420) tablet just arrived today, and I'm still having trouble determining what scope dimensions I should use. I know I'm definitely not used to it yet, so that is most likely why I'm sucking (a lot), but what are some of your guys' dimensions that you personally use? This would help me start off and try out new dimensions to see which fits me the best, rather than randomly inputting numbers and seeing how well I do. Thanks in advance!
vsprite
420x69 should do.

or 1337x69
Filthy Casual

vsprite wrote:

420x69 should do.

or 1337x69
or just no scope
Topic Starter
ButteredPotato

vsprite wrote:

420x69 should do.

or 1337x69
Vuelo Eluko

anything less than full area is for fatbads
Filthy Casual

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

:( [img]i.imgur.com/AFtiaQE.png[/img]

wtf imgur pls
YukinoDesuDesu

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

Some people play fullscreen you know, so some of those people might prefer a smaller area then full area. But yh you cant expect them ponycons to have some common sense.

Anyway play around with your area size and then stick with whats most comfortable for you.
Vuelo Eluko

Asiangodx2 wrote:

Some people play fullscreen you know, so some of those people might prefer a smaller area then full area. But yh you cant expect them ponycons to have some common sense.

Anyway play around with your area size and then stick with whats most comfortable for you.
fat detected
come on move that hand

beeboy123
I recommend using full area and than go down and back up based on your performance.
Topic Starter
ButteredPotato
Thanks everyone, though I didn't even get any legitimate dimensions, lol.
Vuelo Eluko

ButteredPotato wrote:

Thanks everyone, though I didn't even get any legitimate dimensions, lol.
uuhhhh...
Mathsma
The H420 is small compared to the tablets most players use, you should be able to use full area comfortably even on full screen without too much effort. If you wanted dimensions in numbers, most people can probably reach a 9x5 cm area very comfortably. You can either measure it out with a ruler or if the settings allow you to enter inches/cm/mm just convert/enter that way, I don't know what the Huion drivers look like.
Oinari-sama
I play with full area on 1080p full screen (borderless) and find that quite comfortable.
Blueprint
Play jumpy maps if you find your self unable to reach notes before they disappear make it smaller, if you overshoot a lot make it bigger
Anti Fun
I've got huion h420
My settings:

Screen resolution: 1440x900 (16:10)
Osu window: 1024x768

These settings may be too small for you. I recommend 2,4-2,6 inches width
quaternary
Whatever feels best for you after a week of playing.

There aren't any Cookiezi numbers, setting your tablet resolution to eeeeeeeexxactly 2.23234324 inches by 3.452345345345 inches won't do a damn thing, so stop looking for them.
Topic Starter
ButteredPotato
Thanks everyone!
idkhowtoclick
I would say make sure the aspect ratio is the same as the screen area you select. Set the area as large as you can go. Small area may feel comfortable at start, but will most likely make you shake.
Now, obviously this is just my opinion and I have no idea why you're asking a question like this. The only non-biased tip would be the aspect ratio thing I guess..
Dexus
1) match the aspect ratios between your tablet and the screen

2) play on comfortable sizes
- If you're struggling to move use a smaller tablet area
- If you're struggling to see use a smaller screen area (or resolution)

Try starting with the largest areas and decrease them until you feel comfortable, because working your way up is much harder than finding your way down.
Vandibur
Can I ask how you got that setting panel? I installed the driver from their website but all I get is something to change wich screen I want to use :|
goustgirl1
how did u do that though
Minhtam

Dexus wrote:

1) match the aspect ratios between your tablet and the screen

2) play on comfortable sizes
- If you're struggling to move use a smaller tablet area
- If you're struggling to see use a smaller screen area (or resolution)

Try starting with the largest areas and decrease them until you feel comfortable, because working your way up is much harder than finding your way down.
Oddly enough, the opposite was true for me. I went small and slowly got bigger until my hand got comfortable.
I Give Up

Minhtam wrote:

I went small and slowly got bigger until my hand got comfortable.
tmo
Jonirulah
Settings:

Resolution: 1920x1080
osu!: 1920x1080

Yuudachi-kun
I use 1920x1080 and full are for the H420.
Joez1999
what is ur in game osu sensitiity?
TakuMii
hi I have a hugeass tablet and my area is still smaller than the H420

Bigger is better, but an area too big is not worth the wrist pain.