forum

Pause skipping

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Protagonist
Hello, I've been playing a map with a long pause in the middle of it and got this idea.
A skip button should be added in the bottom right corner just like the one at the beginning for pauses that are, let's say, at least 10 seconds long.

Sorry if this was already suggested, I checked by using the search bar and I couldn't find any suggestion like this one.
Bara-
This has been requested before, and denied (try searching completed requests maybe)
If a mapper made it that way, it should be that way
Kaeru
I agree. Breaks add to the overall experience, and although they are sometimes placed poorly they can have a huge effect on the enjoyability of a map. To have an option like this would basically force a certain population of players to never bother resting their hands. I can't speak for others, but I definitely think that's a bad thing.
Granger

Kaeru wrote:

I agree. Breaks add to the overall experience, and although they are sometimes placed poorly they can have a huge effect on the enjoyability of a map. To have an option like this would basically force a certain population of players to never bother resting their hands. I can't speak for others, but I definitely think that's a bad thing.
Explain me how it forces anyone to skip the pauses?

I dont deem this neccesary, a good map shouldnt have poorly placed breaks (and the BAT make sure of that).
Only issue i see is with mutiplayer, because that would make one player finish before the other and thus add uneccesary annoyances.
Coffee Hero

Granger wrote:

Kaeru wrote:

I dont deem this neccesary, a good map shouldnt have poorly placed breaks (and the BAT make sure of that).
Only issue i see is with mutiplayer, because that would make one player finish before the other and thus add uneccesary annoyances.
Well being able to skip breaks DURING the song is pretty nonsensical. I don't see any benefits to having this at all tbh
Kaeru

Granger wrote:

It makes skipping pauses more efficient for PP farmers. Why wait for the break to finish if you're spamming a map trying to get a good score on it? You'll want to retry it as many times as possible as quickly as possible to get a good score on it. That is why I said it would make a certain population of users feel like they're forced to skip pauses -- because it's more efficient. A lot of players only care about how fast they can set high scores and that's it.
Oinari-sama
Requested and denied before t/91503
Topic Starter
Protagonist
Ok then, that's for giving a link to the request.