forum

Cant do high bpm streams

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[XJ9]
I couldn't hit a single note on the streams in freedom dive, other than the streams i can do the the rest of song just fine. I have no idea how to do high bpm streams i tried everything from trying to time it right, to smashing my face on the keyboard, but still could not hit a single note on the stream. Can someone give me some advice on what i am doing wrong, and how i can fix it.
chox_old
buy tablet become cookiezi
jokes aside, unless you've fast fingers by default you've gotta train your way up to higher bpm streaming which is quite long road
play a lot of bms/beatmania maps, they've streams from very low bpm to high bpm
Blueprint
Ill add to the above , if you really struggle with lets say 200 bpm streams I want to assume your good at low bpm streams (your in a good position) master low bpm and work your way up, it's a fact that alot of people are bad at low bpm streams, Also stay away from freedom dive lobbys
Cocaine dog
You just need more practice at streaming that's all.. I would never expect anyone with a play count of 5900 to clear out freedom dive anyways. :)

I recommend you try these, and work on your streaming / stamina ATLEAST an hour or two every day if you REALLY want to be able to go ham on freedom dive and maps like it. :

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/149547
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/215410
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/137121

Also, the muscles in your fingers are the slowest to develop, so be patient and good luck!
Topic Starter
[XJ9]

Cocaine dog wrote:

You just need more practice at streaming that's all.. I would never expect anyone with a play count of 5900 to clear out freedom dive anyways. :)

I recommend you try these, and work on your streaming / stamina ATLEAST an hour or two every day if you REALLY want to be able to go ham on freedom dive and maps like it. :

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/149547
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/215410
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/137121

Also, the muscles in your fingers are the slowest to develop, so be patient and good luck!
Thanks all try these maps out
beeboy123
Pro tip

Posting on forums to get better < Playing the game to get better
xasuma
Go and spectate a top #1000 in the world play freedom dive, and you will realize how much many of them still struggle A TON with streams like those. Then you ll realize you are getting ahead of yourself.
Topic Starter
[XJ9]

beeboy123 wrote:

Pro tip

Posting on forums to get better < Playing the game to get better
Wow really omg thank you, i would have never known
Zare
improving at streams is impossible

you're either jessy and stream 240 BPM for 50 circles straight eZpZ
or you're me and struggle with 160 BPM when it's longer than 50 circles

good luck figuring out your genetically induced limits
Vuelo Eluko
streaming is easy 8-)
Bauxe
Are you really expecting to beat freedom dive? At rank 72k? With less than 6k plays?

I can't even beat it with almost 7x your playcount.
Pettanko

Jitters wrote:

I couldn't hit a single note on the streams in freedom dive, other than the streams i can do the the rest of song just fine. I have no idea how to do high bpm streams i tried everything from trying to time it right, to smashing my face on the keyboard, but still could not hit a single note on the stream. Can someone give me some advice on what i am doing wrong, and how i can fix it.
I couldn't hit a single note on the streams in freedom dive, other than the streams i can do the the rest of song just fine
other than the streams i can do the the rest of song just fine
other than the streams
this is the best thing ive read in gameplay & rankings
Vuelo Eluko

Pettanko wrote:

Jitters wrote:

I couldn't hit a single note on the streams in freedom dive, other than the streams i can do the the rest of song just fine
other than the streams i can do the the rest of song just fine
other than the streams
this is the best thing ive read in gameplay & rankings
oh! oh! let me try!
i played big black and i was able to do the streams just fine but the jumps are so hard any advice? i tried watching rrtyuis replay changing my dpi to make it higher so i can go super fast and buying a tablet.
Topic Starter
[XJ9]
what are you trying to say hmm hmmm hmm
Filthy Casual

Jitters wrote:

do you use a tablet? streaming 300bpm is easy with tablet
Topic Starter
[XJ9]

Filthy Casual wrote:

Jitters wrote:

do you use a tablet? streaming 300bpm is easy with tablet
not yet . i will be getting one very soon though :)
Vuelo Eluko

Jitters wrote:

dont worry about freedom dive at your rank. i agree with bauxe except unlike him, who can presumably at least get through some of the streams, im like you and i cant even TOUCH those streams once they start getting long, and im far more experienced... they require mythical levels of both aim and consistent streaming ability that you dont have yet and honestly wont for a long time. Probably not for years.

just play other maps.
Topic Starter
[XJ9]

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

Jitters wrote:

dont worry about freedom dive at your rank. i agree with bauxe except unlike him, who can presumably at least get through some of the streams, im like you and i cant even TOUCH those streams once they start getting long, and im far more experienced... they require mythical levels of both aim and consistent streaming ability that you dont have yet and honestly wont for a long time. Probably not for years.

just play other maps.
LOL YOU MAKE IT SOUND LIKE YOU HAVE TO BE GIFTED TO DO THIS, ITS JUST PRACTICE.....
Vuelo Eluko
i make it sound like you have to be gifted? i never said it wasnt practice

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

they require mythical levels of both aim and consistent streaming ability that you dont have yet
Zare
Small note: I wasn't joking with what I said earlier.
You can build up a certain base of stream speed by optimizing your technique, but actually speeding up your fingers is only possible to a very limited extent.
I'm practicing streams for 1.5 years by now and I experienced around 5-10 BPM improvement

You have to be gifted to play this game properly, or, at least, you have to be not ungifted (if that's even a word idk)
Bauxe

Jitters wrote:

LOL YOU MAKE IT SOUND LIKE YOU HAVE TO BE GIFTED TO DO THIS, ITS JUST PRACTICE.....
You ask for advice... Then act like a complete dick... Nice one. You knew the answer and still made this stupid thread?
GoldenWolf

Bauxe wrote:

Jitters wrote:

You ask for advice... Then act like a complete dick... Nice one. You knew the answer and still made this stupid thread?
Maybe he is trolling? Or is just a bit stupid
Topic Starter
[XJ9]

Zare wrote:

You can build up a certain base of stream speed by optimizing your technique, but actually speeding up your fingers is only possible to a very limited extent.
I'm practicing streams for 1.5 years by now and I experienced around 5-10 BPM improvement

You have to be gifted to play this game properly, or, at least, you have to be not ungifted (if that's even a word idk)
yah man u have to be born with the of gift clicking a keyboard and moving a pen/mouse well, or else your are just doomed at this game . maybe you have just been making the same mistake over and over. thats why im trying to ask for advice yet half the replys are just trolls being passive agressive and giving sarcasm
Zare
Zzz.
Bauxe

Jitters wrote:

yah man u have to be born with the of gift clicking a keyboard and moving a pen/mouse well, or else your are just doomed at this game . maybe you have just been making the same mistake over and over. thats why im trying to ask for advice yet half the replys are just trolls being passive agressive and giving sarcasm
You already answered your own question. Why are you continuing?
Pettanko

Jitters wrote:

Zare wrote:

because your question in the opening post is basically "how do i press buttons fast"

and the answer is to press the buttons fast

like jesus fuck it's not that hard to understand, if you cant push buttons fast enough then you won't be able to play the map
Vuelo Eluko

Jitters wrote:

Zare wrote:

you need to practice theres nothing else to say, theres no secret trick
Coffee Hero
The thing you should be worrying about the LEAST is speed, the hardest part of freedom dive is easily the endurance aspect. But thats besides the point, the only way to gain speed is to constantly push your limit and even then it will only make you marginally quicker.
show more