forum

having trouble switching from mouse click to keyboard

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
heybrosup
so i've been using left clicks for singles and x/z for triples/streams but i kinda want to get into tablet, so i'm trying to switch to keyboard only for tapping, but it's been really hard, i seem to have no rhythm in my left hand, mainly for short jumps, which is ironically what i'm really good at with m1. aim isn't the problem since i miss easy jumps on my mouse using x, so the same happens with my tablet. problem isn't the tablet because if i tap with the tablet pen on my right hand i can hit everything, but i just wanna play normally on x/z. i know the answer is play more, but i don't see any improvements at all, i'll get the rhythm for the current song im playing after a few retries, but then it doesnt help on the next song i play. whereas using my right hand for tapping i can hit everything, sightread, volume off, etc.

anyone have experience with this and any specific tips on how to play that might help my left hand develop better?
Yaiishi

heybrosup wrote:

so i've been using left clicks for singles and x/z for triples/streams but i kinda want to get into tablet, so i'm trying to switch to keyboard only for tapping, but it's been really hard, i seem to have no rhythm in my left hand, mainly for short jumps, which is ironically what i'm really good at with m1. aim isn't the problem since i miss easy jumps on my mouse +x/z, so the same happens with my tablet. problem isn't the tablet because if i tap with the tablet pen on my right hand i can hit everything, but i just wanna play normally on x/z. i know the answer is play more, but i don't see any improvements at all, i'll get the rhythm for the current song im playing after a few retries, but then it doesnt help on the next song i play. whereas using my right hand for tapping i can hit everything, sightread, volume off, etc.

anyone have experience with this and any specific tips on how to play that might help my left hand develop better?
The best advice is honestly just to keep practicing. It will take you a little bit to adjust. Humans are a creature of habit after all.
Topic Starter
heybrosup
:|

Yaiishi wrote:

The best advice is honestly just to keep practicing. It will take you a little bit to adjust. Humans are a creature of habit after all.

i guess, was gonna switch earlier but always had the mentality of "if i spent the same time with my current style i'd be way better anyway" which was true and i did get a lot better with relatively low plays , but now i wanna switch for real before i hit some wall
Bauxe
How long ago did you switch?
Topic Starter
heybrosup

Bauxe wrote:

How long ago did you switch?

almost a week with almost 0 improvement, i've tried to switch 2 times before, but i gave up quickly, going to try and commit this time lol
Kawatta
A wise man once told me:
Learn by doing.
- Smoothie 2014.

Basically just keep on trying. Before each session just play a song inside your head and try to tap to the rythm, a song that you have not play'd in osu and just imagine how the rythm would go, that's the way i warm up.