forum

Vocaloid and Touhou avatar packs made by me: Powersocke!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Restless Spirit
UPDATE!

My Kagamine Rin Avatar Bonus Pack featuring 65 avatars is now uploaded to my dA account. As before, you can find the link in the first post of this thread. They are free to use, just don't claim you made them and everything will be fine. Enjoy.

EDIT:
You guys have any requests on which Vocaloid I should make an avatar pack for next? I planned to do Megruine Luka since she's one of the four well known Vocaloid and upon completing her pack I will be done with those four and can concentrate on the rest (Meiko, Kaito, Lili, Gumi, Gakupo and whatnot). If you guys want some other Vocaloid to be worked on first I can do that. If not I will just stick to my plans and do a pack for Luka.
Lunavista
Woah such packs! I love it.
If you feel like it, i'd personally love some IA avatars (I love IA the most, even if she's not considered true "Vocaloid") But of course, if you have free time :3
Amazing work anyways!
Topic Starter
Restless Spirit

Lunavista wrote:

Woah such packs! I love it.
If you feel like it, i'd personally love some IA avatars (I love IA the most, even if she's not considered true "Vocaloid") But of course, if you have free time :3
Amazing work anyways!
Thank you. c:

Well, "true" Vocaloid or not, I even consider the UTAU being Vocaloid since it's more or less the same technology. I could do that. IF I find enough fanart, that is. I wonder what kind of results I get when I search for "IA".

EDIT: Looks like I will be having a lot of IA pictures in the near future. This makes stuff a whole lot easier. I will be gathering some more pictures, will count them and if they're at least 60 or more I will make an avatar pack out of it. I'd like to have more than 60 though but I'm never sure with Vocaloid which are not as widely known.
But it's nice to work on something different for a change.

EDIT 2: I will be making an IA Avatar Pack next, then. It'll be not THAT big though, I guess. I don't know yet. Maybe 100 avatars, maybe 150, maybe something in between. I'm not sure why I make so many avatars for one character anyway. It's not like anybody would use all of them. Anyway, I'll see what I can do. The avatar pack should be up either at the end of next week or at the start/middle of the week after that, I'm not sure.
[ Pingu ]
Ohh, nice. ^^
Topic Starter
Restless Spirit
Little update for those of you who wonder:

The IA Avatar Pack will be done and uploaded to DevArt tomorrow afternoon or some time in the evening. So yeah. Just so you know.

Also: Some of the avatars in this pack are weird because some of the artworks I found were pretty weird to begin with. And I am not too fond of some of them myself but maybe someone else. Anyway, that thing will be uploaded tomorrow so you want to be happeh or something.
Lunavista

Powersocke wrote:

Little update for those of you who wonder:

The IA Avatar Pack will be done and uploaded to DevArt tomorrow afternoon or some time in the evening. So yeah. Just so you know.

Also: Some of the avatars in this pack are weird because some of the artworks I found were pretty weird to begin with. And I am not too fond of some of them myself but maybe someone else. Anyway, that thing will be uploaded tomorrow so you want to be happeh or something.
Awesome, i'll definitely check that out! :3
Topic Starter
Restless Spirit
UPDATE!

The IA Avatar Pack is out now. You can click on the download link in the first post of this thread as usual.
Also, the preview picture might be a bit of an eye cancer so you might wanna watch out and put on sunglasses before clicking on the link. Just for your safety.

If none of you have any further suggestions I'll prepare to make an avatar pack for Megurine Luka in a few days.
ALTKID
please make one with the boys :'c
Topic Starter
Restless Spirit

AllRiseSilver wrote:

Well Len got his over 100 avatars alright. But I planned on doing Gakupo and Kaito anyway. So you may be the one to decide wich male Vocaloid I'll do an avatar pack for next. I could also be doing YV2 or whatever. Just give a request on which male Vocaloid you'd like to have an avatar pack for and I'll search for stuff and will tell you, based on what I've found, if I'll do it or not.
Lunavista
Beautiful IA avatars!! Not sure what i'll use one for yet, probably osu. Lovely work, they're super~!
Topic Starter
Restless Spirit
I'm quite happy about the positive feedback I got so far. So there are definitely more avatar packs to come. To be perfectly honest I didn't know about this avatar pack. There were some avatars there I didn't really like too much. But since there were quite a few people who liked it I'm confident again. Thank you. :>

Anyway, since it was requested I do an avatar pack for one of the male Vocaloid you guys get to decide which one. Just leave a request in this thread and I'll start working on it at the start of next week. Too much going on the rest of this week to do stuff like that.
AutoMedic
Do a Kaito and Meiko one. Pretty much hyped since I like those two alot
Topic Starter
Restless Spirit
Kaito is it then. Okay. Something blue for my gallery and a male vocaloid to work on.

Then expect a kaito Avatar Pack some time next week or the week after that. If I don't find at least 200 good stock pictures it's not gonna take this long though.
[ Pingu ]

Sonatora wrote:

ewww meiko
Topic Starter
Restless Spirit

[ Pingu ] wrote:

Sonatora wrote:

ewww meiko
Meiko is great. In my opinion at least. An avatar pack for Meiko will come in the future since she's a vocaloid.
But I'll only do vocaloid with japanese anime style stuff because that's how it works. No Leon or those british things and whatever.
AutoMedic
I understand if you wont do other vocaloids tho :3

Just a quick sugggestion, once your done with Miku, Kagamine Twins, Meiko and Kaito please compile them into a single pack called "Project Diva" Avatar Pack

As always, good job Powersocke
Topic Starter
Restless Spirit

Sonatora wrote:

I understand if you wont do other vocaloids tho :3

Just a quick sugggestion, once your done with Miku, Kagamine Twins, Meiko and Kaito please compile them into a single pack called "Project Diva" Avatar Pack

As always, good job Powersocke
This is actually a pretty great suggestion. Maybe I'll search for some more Miku art before doing this so that there's at least some motivation downloading that pack as a whole for all of the users who downloaded the Miku pack and all the other ones. Or I'll search for something else to put into this pack.

But I guess I'll go with this suggestion. To get that over with as quick as possible I'll state that Kaito will be next, Meiko will come after that, then I'll search for some more art to incorporate it into the Project Diva avatar pack with all the avatars I did before.
piruchan
Love the IA pack!
Topic Starter
Restless Spirit
Thank you, piruchan. c:

I will start working on this thing Wednesday, you may expect an update on that tomorrow. Maybe.
I already know where I can get stuff from but I dunno how much. But since Kaito is rather popular I expect a lot of pictures to work on.
AutoMedic
Hey dude, I forgot to tell you something

ADD MEGURINE LUKA IN THE ONCOMING PROJECT DIVA PACK.

I might help you find art :)
Topic Starter
Restless Spirit
Oh yeah, totally forgot about that one.

Would be kinda rude to not let have her have her own avatar pack though. Tell you what. I'll make Kaito and I'll make Meiko next and then I'll make the Project Diva pack as well as the Megurine Luka pack simulataneously, so that both the Project Diva pack and the Megurine Luka pack come out the same day. Of course, Luka will be featured in the Project Diva pack as well.

But the way I see it there'll be lots of new Miku artworks for me to work on. That's my guess. So I will find enough new art for the Project Diva pack.
AutoMedic

Powersocke wrote:

Oh yeah, totally forgot about that one.

Would be kinda rude to not let have her have her own avatar pack though. Tell you what. I'll make Kaito and I'll make Meiko next and then I'll make the Project Diva pack as well as the Megurine Luka pack simulataneously, so that both the Project Diva pack and the Megurine Luka pack come out the same day. Of course, Luka will be featured in the Project Diva pack as well.

But the way I see it there'll be lots of new Miku artworks for me to work on. That's my guess. So I will find enough new art for the Project Diva pack.
Lol, totally forgot about her too
bbshksh
amazing pictures ♥♥
Topic Starter
Restless Spirit
I was pretty fuckin drunk yesterday and I still have plenty of beer left so I dunno If I'll start workin on the Kaito pack today or tomorrow.
That's just how it goes. If life gives you beer, be sure to drink it!
[ Pingu ]

Powersocke wrote:

If life gives you beer, be sure to drink it!
sorry not old enough lol
AutoMedic

Powersocke wrote:

I was pretty fuckin drunk yesterday and I still have plenty of beer left so I dunno If I'll start workin on the Kaito pack today or tomorrow.
That's just how it goes. If life gives you beer, be sure to drink it!
Be careful about the drinks dude. Those things might complicate your liver. Drink at moderate pace
Topic Starter
Restless Spirit
Do not worry, I won't kill myself with this stuff. Promise. I rather die from lung cancer.

Aaaanywaaaay...

I have to admit: I haven't been working on the avatar packs the past few days. Someone gifted me XCOM: Enemy Unknown via Steam and since I've started playing it, I just couldn't stop. So much so that I recently had a game session that lasted over 21 consecutive hours of playing this game. I'm so amazed by it that we may encounter some serious delays.It was literally just playing - sleeping - playing - sleeping and so on and so forth. And I'm not even owning the major expansion "Enemy Within" which expands the game greatly from what I've read as well as the little customization DLC and the little Weapons DLC (which I will buy today or next month, don't know yet). Which means that I will have at least one more full lengthy playthrough through the entire game once I acquired those expansions which in turn means that in that period of time I most likely won't spend any time on the avatar packs.

But do not be sad, dear friends, for I will return gloriously!
Maybe I will do something else to release together with the Kaito pack, I dunno. Something to compensate for that time I didn't work on that stuff when I said I did. And don't say "Dude, don't rush it man!" or anything of the sort, for I have great fun with making these packs (at least as much fun as I have with playing video games since I like to work three hours in a row on those packs with great results).
Well, maybe I just needed a quick pause or something. I've been putting up quite a lot of avatar packs recently so my brain ought to want to do something different for a change I guess.

Anyway, do not worry, stuff will come. I just don't know when. At this rate I should start working on that stuff within the next week or two. Maybe sooner (as it is in most cases when I say "It's going to take two weeks!" and then it's just three days). So: stay tuned for further updates, Powersocke out.
ALTKID

Powersocke wrote:

AllRiseSilver wrote:

Well Len got his over 100 avatars alright. But I planned on doing Gakupo and Kaito anyway. So you may be the one to decide wich male Vocaloid I'll do an avatar pack for next. I could also be doing YV2 or whatever. Just give a request on which male Vocaloid you'd like to have an avatar pack for and I'll search for stuff and will tell you, based on what I've found, if I'll do it or not.
Pelase Kagamine Len.

And can you make couple avatars too?
Topic Starter
Restless Spirit

AllRiseSilver wrote:

Pelase Kagamine Len.

And can you make couple avatars too?
In case you didn't notice: The Kagamine avatar pack features Kagamine Len. And that's as much Len as you guys get. At least for now.
Also a lot of the avatars in that particular pack are good partner avatars, because a lot of the Rin and LEn avatars are derived from the same picture and therefore have the same artstyle.Just compare the first 60 or so Rin avatars to the first 60 or so Len avatars and you'll notice that.
ALTKID
wow thanks