forum

[duplicate] Osu! "Custom" Multiplay

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +3
Topic Starter
Eden333
Hi, first...
I got inspired by these two posts: Multiplayer "free play" and Osu! Party Mode!, so all credits to them.

Osu! "Custom" Multiplay

means, you can make a normal Multiplayer room from 2-16 players, the lobby leader chooses the song, but every player has there own decision what mode and which difficulty they wanna play ...

it should look something like this (for example):

Schlafanzug
What a nice idea pls make this peppyu! :³
Full Tablet
Different difficulties in the same mapset don't always have the same duration.
Ryu Sei

Full Tablet wrote:

Different difficulties in the same mapset don't always have the same duration.
It'd great if the game should search for mapsets with similar/same duration between one diff and other one. With difference leninency about 5 secs.
Topic Starter
Eden333

Ryu Sei wrote:

It'd great if the game should search for mapsets with similar/same duration between one diff and other one. With difference leninency about 5 secs.
yea, thats what I expected, or following scenario:

the other players wait until the other players are done

for example:

it's like if you start a normal multiplayer game with your friends and the song starts but you quit in the middle of the song (because, maybe ragequit....) but you rejoin the multiplayer lobby and wait because you wanna play with your friends
boat
What is the point of the multiplayer room if you're all going to play different maps?
- Marco -

boat wrote:

What is the point of the multiplayer room if you're all going to play different maps?

Crash333 wrote:

the lobby leader chooses the song, but every player has there own decision what mode and which difficulty they wanna play ...
it's the same song ;)
deadbeat

marcostudios wrote:

it's the same song ;)
song =/= map
ziogio

Crash333 wrote:

Hi, first...
I got inspired by these two posts: Multiplayer "free play" and Osu! Party Mode!, so all credits to them.

Osu! "Custom" Multiplay

means, you can make a normal Multiplayer room from 2-16 players, the lobby leader chooses the song, but every player has there own decision what mode and which difficulty they wanna play ...

it should look something like this (for example):

Well, I like the idea, but the ranked score if one player play an easy map and one player play the insane of the same song, are really tooooo different. I think it's not the multiplayer idea... :/
deadbeat
t/202089 i prefer this. it's pretty much the same, just without the different difficulties part.
i wonder if i can find a request for that as well....
edit: t/117094 yup. both parts of this request have been requested. dupe