forum

Improving tapping/clicking max speed

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zignide
Hello.

I was wondering if there's any good way to improve your tapping/clicking max speed

Thing is, before i overused the double keys a lot, using both even on slow parts, but then found it really hard to do those parts whit triple beats and such on half of everything without messing up, since I just didn't know which key I'd end them with, and being used to do so with z, when it ended with an x, I'd either tap one extra time or one less.

Now I started training with just one key, the x one, since it feels like I can press it quicker than z, but still not quite quick enough often if I try to use it alone as I can see a lot of people do.

Sometimes in really quick songs, even with 2 keys, though I do get the rhythm my fingers just don't really react quick enough to press the keys in time, so I'll often end up mashing my keyboard and hoping for the best.

Is there any way to train that? As I said, I do get the rhythm, but can't press the keys quick enough ;-;

why do i even keep writing with good grammar
whats wrong with me
winber1
steroids
aizhid
Play fast maps to get fast
Yano
Play high BPM Maps but don't Mash
Cheese
scottyyy
Playing guitar for 7 years is what did it for me
RaneFire
You can try individual finger independence and strength training exercises if you want.

You can get this just from playing osu! (over time), but there are other things you can do to train the flexor and extensor muscles so that you can retract and extend your fingers a bit quicker.

It will only provide a marginal improvement though, since according to research, neuromuscular performance is specific to the task practiced. Basically your brain plays a role in the controlling the "co-variant" forces when using your fingers, i.e. balancing things out... So... practice.

Play osu!
Play more.
Topic Starter
Zignide
I am trying quicker and quicker songs, but often happens that there's a part of the song that's way harder than the others where i just can't tap quick enough, which kinda keeps me on slower songs than what I like.

Sancheese wrote:

So you want to improve your single tapping speed?
Both single and double tapping really, some parts I can't even do with 2 fingers o.o

Also my accuracy drops quite hard if I use two fingers, both aiming and timing, but that already happened when I used z as the main key, and went away with time, so not really that afraid about it.

RaneFire wrote:

You can try individual finger independence and strength training exercises if you want.

You can get this just from playing osu! (over time), but there are other things you can do to train the flexor and extensor muscles so that you can retract and extend your fingers a bit quicker.

It will only provide a marginal improvement though, since according to research, neuromuscular performance is specific to the task practiced. Basically your brain plays a role in the controlling the "co-variant" forces when using your fingers, i.e. balancing things out... So... practice.

Play osu!
Play more.
Could try those exercises, no idea what they're about though o.o

And osu kinda sounds funnier xD

Think I'll just try to get used to quick songs over time then, maybe check what those are about.

Right now it's so hard, but wellp, with time i guess.

Thanks anyway :P
InControL_old
Everyone has the same problem at their own speed limit but I guess the only solution is to practice more
Mikelicious

winber1 wrote:

steroids
nooblet

winber1 wrote:

steroids
+ finger weights
= profit

Gotta work 'em out even on steroids, it ain't free muscle mang
Ghermezian
blyat
KupcaH
Next time you post, look to date.
Deva

winber1 wrote:

steroids
This guy knows
KupcaH
winber knows everything
StephOsu
oh SHIT TiME TO faRM pOSt CounT
nice necro son
KupcaH
thanks dad
wait, you're not my dad XDD
ajlynnart123
masturbate 3x a day for 3-5 years straight. you'll be better than cookiezi in no time. Too bad, this post is 4 years from the future. Too late for you to start.

For those in the future generations, this Osu! life hack works so you won't regret trying it. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
zoklev

ajlynnart123 wrote:

masturbate 3x a day for 3-5 years straight. you'll be better than cookiezi in no time. Too bad, this post is 4 years from the future. Too late for you to start.

For those in the future generations, this Osu! life hack works so you won't regret trying it. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

done it but still 6 digit :(
KupcaH

KupcaH wrote:

thanks dad
wait, you're not my dad XDD
Cringe.
GinkoSha
To be honest you got to increase your finger stamina by exercise, you can use a home rehab kit for that or simple squeezing tennis ball. then you gotta rest your shoulder and stay relax and practice tapping for what suits your play style, like if you are dealing with triplets then use both keys or else use single for anything else, by the time you will be able to do higher ar maps your body would have figured it out that what is has to do, and most importantly enjoy the song.
kai99
aha double necrod
show more