forum

warming up

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aria Kanzaki
Hi I'm tablet player who plays lots of AR8 DT songs. I'm not sure it's because I play too much DT, but it's irritating for me to waste 30min every session i play just on warming up. How long does it take you guys until you are fully warmed up? Or is there any tips on reducing time warming up?
B1rd
don't stop playing.
Pettanko
sometimes i spend so much time warming up that by the time i'm warmed up i don't have time to play anymore
Vuelo Eluko
9.6 isnt so bad, i can sight read it for your rank it should be as easy as ar9 is for me.

warm up with some ar10 or something, a few maps and 9.6 will feel slow
winber1
generally helps to have warm-up maps that you can reliably count on everytime you log on. probably best if they also warm-up multiple aspects of gameplay, i.e. streams, jumps, stamina etc.
nrl
Most of warming up is a mindset thing for me, I just have to play a few songs that are forgiving enough to get me in the zone but still active enough to get my adrenaline going.

But really, "warming up" is the wrong way to put it. I get better and better as the session goes on, whether that session is 30 minutes or 6 hours.
Kouya-
For me, I play a song that's impossible for me to play .

I usually play Freedom Dive [Another] with relax and get use to the speed of the hit circles .

Then, I start to play other random Insane songs without Relax on .

From there, after 10-15 min of warm-ups, I'm ready to go . (sort of ;-; )
Kaeru
For me, "warming up" doesn't really exist unless I am literally cold and need to warm my fingers or I feel like I'm not oriented for some reason. I get some of my best records when I first log in after just waking up with absolutely no warm up. Other times, I can't play at all and I tend to lose my combo a lot. I think it has a lot to do with your sleep schedule and your ability to focus. When I do feel like I need to "warm up" though, I play the hardest songs that I have that I'm still capable of passing if I'm playing well. That way, if I can pass them, I can tell that I'm ready.

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

I get better and better as the session goes on, whether that session is 30 minutes or 6 hours.
Really? I'm the complete opposite. It seems the more stuff I play the worse I get. I guess that's mostly because my hand starts to hurt. When I first start playing though I'm not always completely oriented, and so I do sometimes get better after playing a few songs. I just go downhill from there, though.
Senpoii
I warm up by warming up. Literally.
hands be so damn cold...
nooblet
I play a marathon on CS5 OD10 for shits n' giggles and it usually warms me up.
Yano
I don't warm up targeted ...
I just spam F2 and play the Map I got
Noobsicle
the only time i need to warm up is when my hands are frozen (usually takes around 30mins-1hour for hands to warm up)

otherwise probably need around 10mins of osu! (with warm hands) to be in the zone mang
aizhid
I do stuff like dt ar 9 for 10 min and it helps me get rid of tension
Zare
i don't warm up consciously, i just play whatever crosses my mind and happen to get more stable in what I do
when it's like a longer session i'm usually best (warmed up) after like 2-3 hours or something? because in that timeframe I will have played singletaps, streams and shitmaps enough to actually give some FCs or hard passes a try, which usually ends up in me failing or missing 50 circles before end
#yay
nrl

Kaeru wrote:

Really? I'm the complete opposite. It seems the more stuff I play the worse I get. I guess that's mostly because my hand starts to hurt. When I first start playing though I'm not always completely oriented, and so I do sometimes get better after playing a few songs. I just go downhill from there, though.
I go downhill on retries usually. Again, it's a mindset thing. I'm generally fine as long as I keep the maps fresh.