forum

osu!mania BAT situation

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tear
There's been no mania BAT activity for a few weeks now. [Shi-ra] resigned, Roxas and PROGUY are inactive, there's only Charles445 who's also a standard BAT so he's very busy. We need 2 BATs to get a map ranked, and 3 to get it approved. (+1 if a BAT himself wanted to get a map ranked/approved)
What can we do about that? Is there someone we can message about this among osu! staff?
Midge
I nominate Rumia-
Yuzeyun
well what you can do is mod more, be active, get 'noticed' by the higher powers and be clean
Midge

_Gezo_ wrote:

well what you can do is mod more, be active, get 'noticed' by the higher powers and be clean
We have tons of potential mania BAT, but there's no way to actually turn them into a BAT unless one of the staff sees fit. And the issue with that is that the staff are seemingly ignoring mania at this point.
Kamikaze
Actually we were discussing that yesterday on #osumania and

Loctav wrote:

we have 4 mania BATs
thats enough for ranking
Which is true if all of them would be 100% active, which is impossible.

Loctav wrote:

find me proper candidates that do not shit on our community rules
Yeah, there are few worth mentioning
Maiz94
more BATs, faster ranking \:D/
ArcherLove
you forget https://osu.ppy.sh/u/394326 <-- this guy ..
Maiz94

ArcherLove wrote:

you forget https://osu.ppy.sh/u/394326 <-- this guy ..
Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's busy focusing other modes than mania. lol
Zare
¯\(ツ)/¯
Lust
i love how vocal o!m people are, brings tears to my eye (only the one)
Vuelo Eluko
if i become BAT, ill rank every retard hard map ever made
#BassistVinyl2014
ArcherLove
lol
Lokovodo

Tear wrote:

There's been no mania BAT activity for a few weeks now. [Shi-ra] resigned, Roxas and PROGUY are inactive, there's only Charles445 who's also a standard BAT so he's very busy. We need 2 BATs to get a map ranked, and 3 to get it approved. (+1 if a BAT himself wanted to get a map ranked/approved)
What can we do about that? Is there someone we can message about this among osu! staff?
I am very glad to see someone has addressed this. I was considering making a post about this myself but you beat me to it.

-Kamikaze- wrote:

Actually we were discussing that yesterday on #osumania and

Loctav wrote:

we have 4 mania BATs
thats enough for ranking
Which is true if all of them would be 100% active, which is impossible.

Loctav wrote:

find me proper candidates that do not shit on our community rules
Yeah, there are few worth mentioning
Rumia- lemme kiss u bby
REDYUMiKA
Simple_Star
Reikosaka lets get be together reikosaka-sama
Kuo Kyoka i will start being true to myself senpai
arcwinolivirus
Entozer
Skalim
yoshilove moe overdose
I could name potential BAT's all day.
PyaKura
Rumia, Yumika (if he/she could show less of his/her intent of becoming BAT openly lol), Simple_Star, arcwin are all ok candidates. I either don't see the others fitting the role enough or simply don't know them enough.

Ento is not mentionned since he quit being BAT quite a while ago.
I could see Agka as BAT as well but hey, I highly doubt he agrees to be BAT. Requesting him for the role would already be quite a feat lol.
Drace too but he's given up on o!m long ago
Aqo
we need batman
akebono
lol that what's agka said . but well BATman !!
[Emiria]
;)
OnosakiHito

ishimaru94 wrote:

More BATs who are not qualified enough can lead to less maps with quality. Searching for BATs is not as easy as someone might thing, especially when it is about finding BATs who are active. But well, mania is not the mode where I know the community the best.

Anyway, you should try contacting Loctav(or the other BATm such as Charles) and suggest candidates with well founded reasons.
I doubt that discussing here for a long time will help much more.
Lokovodo

Aqo wrote:

we need batman

egas00 wrote:

lol that what's agka said . but well BATman !!
First one to map this becomes a BAT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vv0tpfr1Tk
CephiCC

victorica_db wrote:

;)
so sly
Lust
why find new bats if the mode needs to be reworked anyway
Loctav

Lust wrote:

why posting here if you dont even play this gamemode
CephiCC

Loctav wrote:

Lust wrote:

ArcherLove

Loctav wrote:

Lust wrote:

HAHAHAHAHA XD

well, just disscussion is importan too =w=)b
Lust

Loctav wrote:

Lust wrote:

so what if i dont play this game mode as often as the others (i dont really play anyway), mania is still part of the game i love

its like liking a movie, sure im not in it but i enjoy talking about it
Bobbias

OnosakiHito wrote:

ishimaru94 wrote:

More BATs who are not qualified enough can lead to less maps with quality. Searching for BATs is not as easy as someone might thing, especially when it is about finding BATs who are active. But well, mania is not the mode where I know the community the best.

Anyway, you should try contacting Loctav(or the other BATm such as Charles) and suggest candidates with well founded reasons.
I doubt that discussing here for a long time will help much more.
I definitely agree that finding BATs is much harder than people seem to think. It takes a lot of time and dedication to be a BAT, and that's on top of everything else. The mania community is pretty short on qualified people, to be honest, so it's hardly a surprise that we have so few BATs, but now things are beginning to be a problem.

However, there's one thing you said that I disagree with. I believe that its important to let us discuss things like this on the forum. Even if discussion can't magically solve the problem, it helps by giving players somewhere that they can voice their opinion on the matter (as long as they feel that everyone's opinion has equal weight).

Of course, that's not to say that topics like this shouldn't be moderated (they definitely should, shitposts should not be allowed in topics like this (and there are a few here), and anyone caught making them should have their post deleted, and at least receive some sort of warning), but should be freely available for people to discuss these sort of issues in a civil manner.
Yuzeyun
It's more of a surprise that you guys used to have 7 that were active; us Taiko people almost always had the bare minimum (not 4 as Loctav thinks but 5 imo, there's an aspect of a BAT mapset for approval getting popped once which require: 1 BAT for the map, 1 BAT for Bub1, 1 to pop it and rebub, 1 to Bub2, and one to rank). It's been the same for us in TWC (we had like zero available as many of the BAT were playing; or Ono as map-sel had to prepare shit so no time to mod and Kana was totally AFK), so for MWC you may expect the same.
Now as people have said, find good candidates; make an internal discussion or whatever so you all agree on who could be one (doing it in #spectator helps a lot as you don't pollute #osumania and spoil everything ever), and send submissions to Loctav or Charles445 or whoever is qualified enough to say if yes or no they're suitable for this position.

I said it in my previous post, people have to be active and regular(I'm watching them...), be clean (No point in giving people BATship if they shit on the CR as Loc said), and get 'noticed'.
CephiCC

Lust wrote:

so what if i dont play this game mode as often as the others (i dont really play anyway), mania is still part of the game i love

its like liking a movie, sure im not in it but i enjoy talking about it
point being you don't know shit if you think the gamemode needs "reworking", nothing more
show more