forum

[Archived] My video file is too large.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Player X_old
Problem Details:
My video file is too large. I removed the sound of the video, but I can't change the picture because else osu! don't understand the format. How can I make smaller the video file without to change the quality?
The video file is an AVI file and is 31,8 MB big.
BBBFF - StormWolf Remix.avi

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20140610.1 (latest)
Kurokotei
Try compressing your video more with VirtualDub for example.
Topic Starter
Player X_old
Sorry! I tried it but it's still too large.
BlackMidKnight
Decrease the video bitrate (like less than 1200k). You can use any video converter that has an option to change the bitrate, try Xilisoft Video Converter...
But remember, the changing bitrate can also affect the video quality. However, this is one of the best solution to decrease the video file size

EDIT:
You could also use Handbrake. The recomended settings are:

Check High Profile on Presets
Check Large file size on the output setting
On the Pictire tab, select Strict on Anamorphic
On the Video tab, change the constant quality to 18-20 (SD) or 20-23 (HD)
Optional: You may also check Web Optimized on the output setting
blissfulyoshi
I hope you do know that there is a guide written for compressing video t/96003. If needed lower resolution of the video as well.

As you can read in the ranking criteria, rankable beatmaps must be less than 25mb altogether (beatmap+mp3+skin+video), so please aim for that.

Note: While you can use constant bitrate, it is usually recommended to use constant rate factor for encoding videos.
Topic Starter
Player X_old
Sorry but nothing works and I don't download Xilisoft Video Converter because I don't want to pay for it.
Full Tablet
Here is a encoding made with ffmpeg (x264 video encoder): https://db.tt/Ttmnh8P3
I took as a source a Youtube video since it had better quality.
options: -c:v libx264 -preset placebo -crf 28 -pix_fmt yuv420p -an
note: since I used the placebo preset it took almost to 2 hours to encode.
TheVileOne
If your map is not named Marathon, you will need to name it as such before you will get rid of this error.