forum

line followpoints

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
chox_old
i noticed that without followpoints my aim gets pretty unstable and less fluid than it is with them, and i'm wondering if learning to play without them makes your aim better in long term gameplay? it feels a bit like handicap, with it you can play like ar10 without having to react as fast as you'd have to without them, helps with hd and overall is big help which makes me wonder are they blessing or a curse?
Vuelo Eluko
if you play better with them why play without them?
theres no scenario where you wont be able to use them.
Noobsicle
follow points on/off, won't change the fact that you have to aim at the circles themselves
GoldenWolf
Follow points are like hitsounds; if you can use them it's all good for you, some people perform better without them and some people don't, it's preference
RaneFire
I got rid of my followpoints about 3 months ago as part of an experiment...

...kinda didn't bother to put them back.
Topic Starter
chox_old

RaneFire wrote:

did you notice any difference, comparing how you play nowadays and 3 months ago?
shavit
I play almost the same with and without followpoints, trust me - they matter with patterns such as squares and that's it.
Omgforz
After deactivating followpoints I finally learned how to ar10 and ar10.3.

They definitely help with hidden, but nothing else, really. Once you can play without them, they're just useful for hidden.

Would recommend learning to play without them, and then putting it back. Helps confidence when you know that you can hit every note, even if you don't know it's coming.
Topic Starter
chox_old

Omgforz wrote:

After deactivating followpoints I finally learned how to ar10 and ar10.3.

They definitely help with hidden, but nothing else, really. Once you can play without them, they're just useful for hidden.

Would recommend learning to play without them, and then putting it back. Helps confidence when you know that you can hit every note, even if you don't know it's coming.
yeah i guess it helps with improving reaction time + i noticed i focus more on notes than before
thanks.
RaneFire

chox wrote:

RaneFire wrote:

did you notice any difference, comparing how you play nowadays and 3 months ago?
As Omgforz said... I miss them only when playing Hidden, but without HD I don't really notice any difference. I've always preferred to read instead of react, so followpoints haven't played much importance for me other than deducing complicated patterns, which they kinda fail to do anyway... so turning them off was fine. And of course, turning them off helps you to pay attention to the entire playfield continuously so that no matter where or when a note appears, you can hit it (higher AR).
Vuelo Eluko

RaneFire wrote:

no matter where or when a note appears, you can hit it
I too dream of reaching Autoplay levels of skill.
GoldenWolf

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

you heff to bilive
Vuelo Eluko

GoldenWolf wrote:

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

you heff to bilive
i will become autoiezi

RaneFire

RaneFire wrote:

a note
Vuelo Eluko

RaneFire wrote:

RaneFire wrote:

a note
they are a note, just not much delay between them.
are you only playing maps with one note?