forum

What personality type are you?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Aurani
Don't forget that while introverted, my type is actually quite fond of company and appreciates a good conversation.
kirueggy

Aurani wrote:

Don't forget that while introverted, my type is actually quite fond of company and appreciates a good conversation.
So are you ambiverted?
Aurani
I'm still an introvert, as my energy drains when I'm around people - but unlike other types, I can hold out a veeeeeeeery long time until I have to retreat and "recharge". I've read a similar description on one of the sites too, and was rather shocked to have it confirmed, but I don't remember where I saw it.... I guess I'll have to dig it up tonight.
Lewder
introversion isn't as black and white as you think, aurani, and you're describing it in a way that every introvert is like an autist that gets annoyed as soon as people try to talk to them
Aurani

Lewder wrote:

introversion isn't as black and white as you think, aurani, and you're describing it in a way that every introvert is like an autist that gets annoyed as soon as people try to talk to them
Being an introvert means that your internal energy is the strongest when reflecting and is the weakest when interacting - nothing else. If anything, I'm one of the people who actually knows what it means to be either I or E, unlike most others who generalize and immediately come to retarded conclusions such as "OH being an introvert means that you're automatically a shut-in!".

Also Kiru, here's what I found so far - "While they are introverted, they sometimes seem extroverted at times due to their strong interest in people and society."
Not the one I read a day or two ago, but close enough.
Kaeru
I seem to always get INFP (though the last test said I was INFP and/or INFJ).

kirueggy

Aurani wrote:

Also Kiru, here's what I found so far - "While they are introverted, they sometimes seem extroverted at times due to their strong interest in people and society."
So TL;DR, introverts aren't just very good at socializing?
Aurani

kirukashi wrote:

Aurani wrote:

So TL;DR, introverts aren't just very good at socializing?
Nah, I didn't say that - it's not that they aren't good at socializing (that depends on individuals, not on personality types) but just like I told Lewder: They aren't drawn towards it and get tired quickly, unlike Exs who don't spend much time with themselves but rather "feel at home" when in company of other people. Socializing skills are purely dependent on how you were raised and what your mentality is.
Kanye West
Someone said ambivert?

Feast
There is mine:

kirueggy

Ninth IX wrote:

There is mine:

ninth senpai is extroverted?

hooray
Feast
Yes I am \o/
Hika
let's just have an extroverted chat together and talk about how much swag we have
sounds good
every time I see a test in this thread i'm taking it just because

Birdy
fuck you extroverts and leave me alone in loneliness

it's not like I could socialize anyway
Aka
hoooooooo :о

Aurani
Welcome fella.
Mikelicious

;w;
Feast
There is a bunch of introverted people here, how cute :3
Kobi_old_1
Didn't actually need to do the test, I've been into the MBTI system since I was like 16 or something doing GCSE Psych. It's interesting reading, and pretty fun trying to type your buddies or whatever if you're bored.
Anyway, I'm an INTP. Sometimes I sway a little on the border of T/F when I'm having a really bad time of it, but it's rare.
But yeah, here's what the lil quizzy had to say about me notthatanyonecares

Also, Ninth IX, the internet is like some sort of introvert zoo or something. While all the extroverts are out doing their weird social thing or whatever it is they do, we all huddle up by our computers like the little nerdzoids we are and fuck about online pretending to be cool. :p
bbshksh

eh
nooph
the enfp's will soon begin taking over this thread. 8-)
StayFab
Your personality type: ISTJ
Strength of individual traits: Introverted: 10%, Observant: 11%, Thinking: 5%, Judging: 17%, Assertive: 14%

okay
Xanaehla
Your Personality Type : ENFJ
Strength of Individual Traits : Extraverted : 10% , Intuitive: 14% , Feeling: 27% , Judging: 40% , Assertive: 1%
AutoMedic

Static Noise Bird wrote:

fuck you extroverts and leave me alone in loneliness

it's not like I could socialize anyway
*pats back*

It's fine, don't worry
kirueggy
If I had a dollar for every extroverted person here I would have 8 dollars so far

If I had a dollar for every introverted person here everyone would have 2 year supporter
-sev
Every real life friend of mine so far has been extroverted, but I'm introverted.
ColdTooth

Well...
chaee

Hmm..
Granger

chaee wrote:

Hmm..
Holy shit how is it possible to be even more introverted than me?
I can barely handle conversations with 3-4 people for a hour...
kirueggy

chaee wrote:

Hmm..
A FULL BAR?!?!?!??!????
hersa37

You can't get anymore average than this I guess
[ Pingu ]

...I-Is this a good thing...?

I am very Turbulent whatever that means.
Yauxo
-Seren-
here's some facts about introverts to anyone who's interested (since we're mostly intros here)

10 Myths/Facts About Introverts (A typically self-centered person)
Myth #1 – Introverts don’t like to talk.

This is not true. Introverts just don’t talk unless they have something to say. They hate small talk. Get an introvert talking about something they are interested in, and they won’t shut up for days.

Myth #2 – Introverts are shy.
Shyness has nothing to do with being an Introvert. Introverts are not necessarily afraid of people. What they need is a reason to interact. They don’t interact for the sake of interacting. If you want to talk to an Introvert, just start talking. Don’t worry about being polite.

Myth #3 – Introverts are rude.
Introverts often don’t see a reason for beating around the bush with social pleasantries. They want everyone to just be real and honest. Unfortunately, this is not acceptable in most settings, so Introverts can feel a lot of pressure to fit in, which they find exhausting.

Myth #4 – Introverts don’t like people.
On the contrary, Introverts intensely value the few friends they have. They can count their close friends on one hand. If you are lucky enough for an introvert to consider you a friend, you probably have a loyal ally for life. Once you have earned their respect as being a person of substance, you’re in.

Myth #5 – Introverts don’t like to go out in public.
Nonsense. Introverts just don’t like to go out in public FOR AS LONG. They also like to avoid the complications that are involved in public activities. They take in data and experiences very quickly, and as a result, don’t need to be there for long to “get it.” They’re ready to go home, recharge, and process it all. In fact, recharging is absolutely crucial for Introverts.

Myth #6 – Introverts always want to be alone.
Introverts are perfectly comfortable with their own thoughts. They think a lot. They daydream. They like to have problems to work on, puzzles to solve. But they can also get incredibly lonely if they don’t have anyone to share their discoveries with. They crave an authentic and sincere connection with ONE PERSON at a time.

Myth #7 – Introverts are weird.
Introverts are often individualists. They don’t follow the crowd. They’d prefer to be valued for their novel ways of living. They think for themselves and because of that, they often challenge the norm. They don’t make most decisions based on what is popular or trendy.

Myth #8 – Introverts are aloof nerds.
Introverts are people who primarily look inward, paying close attention to their thoughts and emotions. It’s not that they are incapable of paying attention to what is going on around them, it’s just that their inner world is much more stimulating and rewarding to them.

Myth #9 – Introverts don’t know how to relax and have fun.
Introverts typically relax at home or in nature, not in busy public places. Introverts are not thrill seekers and adrenaline junkies. If there is too much talking and noise going on, they shut down. Their brains are too sensitive to the neurotransmitter called Dopamine. Introverts and Extroverts have different dominant neuro-pathways. Just look it up.

Myth #10 – Introverts can fix themselves and become Extroverts.
Introverts cannot “fix themselves” and deserve respect for their natural temperament and contributions to the human race. In fact, one study (Silverman, 1986) showed that the percentage of Introverts increases with IQ.
Kobi_old_1

-Seren- wrote:

They hate small talk. Get an introvert talking about something they are interested in, and they won’t shut up for days.
I feel like this in itself is a myth? Like, I'm an introvert and most people I know are introverts, and it's less about the small talk itself than it's to do with who is making the small talk.
Small talk can be relaxing. It's like the friends-with-benefits of conversation, you get all the talky-talky with no real social obligation, which can be really fun if the other person is even remotely interesting.
I (and most introverts I know) also won't mindlessly blather on about whatever thing is currently holding my interest unless the other person is someone I actually give a damn about.
I'm really bad at explaining this, but it's not always just the type of conversation that counts, or just the participants. There's a lot more grey areas.
This is the most fucking nitpicky thing I've ever written I'm so sorry.
Aurani
I guess I'll be putting my two cents in and taking myself as an example since I'm mostly Introverted, to see if it fits in the general picture.

-Seren- wrote:

This is not true. Introverts just don’t talk unless they have something to say. They hate small talk. Get an Introvert talking about something they are interested in, and they won’t shut up for days.
Pretty much, yes. To a stranger I might seem distant and not talkative at all, but if you prove to be someone who listens carefully and have interesting topics - I won't shut up until you make me.

Shyness has nothing to do with being an Introvert. Introverts are not necessarily afraid of people. What they need is a reason to interact. They don’t interact for the sake of interacting. If you want to talk to an Introvert, just start talking. Don’t worry about being polite.
Shyness is a trait independent of psychological factors - and as such has nothing to do with someone being Introverted/Extroverted. I wouldn't really agree on the fact that Introverts need a reason for talking, and I generally do tend to care about the other person being polite or not - but that goes for me as an individual - not as an introvert, and therefore it can't be used as a way of determining introverts.

Introverts often don’t see a reason for beating around the bush with social pleasantries. They want everyone to just be real and honest. Unfortunately, this is not acceptable in most settings, so Introverts can feel a lot of pressure to fit in, which they find exhausting.
That's both yes and no, as I do agree on the part with social pleasantries, but not with the "lot of pressure to fit in", as I know quite a lot of them who had no problems fitting in the mosaic called society, at all.

On the contrary, Introverts intensely value the few friends they have. They can count their close friends on one hand. If you are lucky enough for an Introvert to consider you a friend, you probably have a loyal ally for life. Once you have earned their respect as being a person of substance, you’re in.
Pretty much spot-on, so no need to comment on any of that.

Nonsense. Introverts just don’t like to go out in public FOR AS LONG. They also like to avoid the complications that are involved in public activities. They take in data and experiences very quickly, and as a result, don’t need to be there for long to “get it.” They’re ready to go home, recharge, and process it all. In fact, recharging is absolutely crucial for Introverts.
This is something that they should literally "sticky" in people's brains, as most of them mix that up with the idea of someone being a shut-in. This seriously needs to be explained to 99% of people out there.

Introverts are perfectly comfortable with their own thoughts. They think a lot. They daydream. They like to have problems to work on, puzzles to solve. But they can also get incredibly lonely if they don’t have anyone to share their discoveries with. They crave an authentic and sincere connection with ONE PERSON at a time.
The bolded out part should be especially taken into account - no matter how much they seem independent, Introverts want and need social contact even more so than Extroverts, as they require more delicate and emotional connections (basically what you said in the last sentence).

Introverts are often individualists. They don’t follow the crowd. They’d prefer to be valued for their novel ways of living. They think for themselves and because of that, they often challenge the norm. They don’t make most decisions based on what is popular or trendy.
This is just generalising it, once again. Individualism has nothing to do with Introversion or Extroversion - it's based on how you were raised (your own beliefs) as much as the surroundings you found yourself in during your childhood (5 to 17 - when your brain actively takes in data and is forming the mold for your future personality).

Introverts are people who primarily look inward, paying close attention to their thoughts and emotions. It’s not that they are incapable of paying attention to what is going on around them, it’s just that their inner world is much more stimulating and rewarding to them.
Hence why they're Introverts. Pretty self-explanatory.

Introverts typically relax at home or in nature, not in busy public places. Introverts are not thrill seekers and adrenaline junkies. If there is too much talking and noise going on, they shut down. Their brains are too sensitive to the neurotransmitter called Dopamine. Introverts and Extroverts have different dominant neuro-pathways. Just look it up.
A completely missed point - read up on the ISTP personality type and see why I said it. This wasn't just generalising it, but rather missing the entire point, spreading a disinformation.

Introverts cannot “fix themselves” and deserve respect for their natural temperament and contributions to the human race. In fact, one study (Silverman, 1986) showed that the percentage of Introverts increases with IQ.
That "myth" is just ignorant as hell and doesn't even deserve any attention. Introverts aren't dysfunctional people, as Introversion isn't neither a mental nor physical disease. The "study", however, I cannot comment on, as I have to find it and read the entirety of it before giving my opinion on it.
[ Pingu ]

-Seren- wrote:

here's some facts about introverts to anyone who's interested (since we're mostly intros here)

10 Myths/Facts About Introverts (A typically self-centered person)
Myth #1 – Introverts don’t like to talk.

This is not true. Introverts just don’t talk unless they have something to say. They hate small talk. Get an introvert talking about something they are interested in, and they won’t shut up for days.

Myth #2 – Introverts are shy.

Myth #3 – Introverts are rude.

Myth #4 – Introverts don’t like people.
On the contrary, Introverts intensely value the few friends they have. They can count their close friends on one hand. If you are lucky enough for an introvert to consider you a friend, you probably have a loyal ally for life. Once you have earned their respect as being a person of substance, you’re in.

Myth #5 – Introverts don’t like to go out in public.

Myth #6 – Introverts always want to be alone.

Myth #7 – Introverts are weird.

Myth #8 – Introverts are aloof nerds.

Myth #9 – Introverts don’t know how to relax and have fun.

Myth #10 – Introverts can fix themselves and become Extroverts.
Myth 1: Uhh sorta true for me.
Myth 2: Can be at sometimes.
Myth 3: I wouldn't consider myself 'rude', but I do sometimes just get a lil' harsh on people
Myth 4: It kinda depends, I either really like someone, or really hate someone. I have a few close friends but I am open to others, but if there is someone that has done something that I just cannot stand, then I just will start hating them so badly.
Myth 5: Technically yeah. I guess it's the way I look to be honest and the fact that I want to go home and play on my PC.
Myth 6: True, I sometimes just want to be alone. For example if I'm at school and just with my friends, I just suddenly have the urge to run to the Girls' toilets and just hide there to be alone and refresh myself. No idea what's up with that.
Myth 7: I am very weird, yes, but I tend to follow the crowd on what's going on.
Myth 8: Yes, yes and yes.
Myth 9: ^
Myth 10: I didn't really get that to be honest. ._.
-Seren-

Aurani wrote:

A completely missed point - read up on the ISTP personality type and see why I said it. This wasn't just generalising it, but rather missing the entire point, spreading a disinformation.

That "myth" is just ignorant as hell and doesn't even deserve any attention. Introverts aren't dysfunctional people, as Introversion isn't neither a mental nor physical disease. The "study", however, I cannot comment on, as I have to find it and read the entirety of it before giving my opinion on it.
-the point is still there stating that intro's prefer not to be in busy places and with too much noise; and the case with ISTP is that they have a preference for action and are also risk-takers(and im kinda like this so ye)

-this is addressing to the people who have a stereotyped opinion that intro's are a shut-in individuals or why they dont seem sociable (if i have understood this right)
Trauter
Boomkin_old_1
ESTJ
show more