forum

How long does it take for you guys to FC maps?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
timemon
Sorry to bother you all again. (heh)
I've been practicing hard. I really want to be a decent player.
I really wonder how long does it take you guys to FC a map?

I always enjoy playing osu and playing the songs I love.
But when you can't FC any song you play, It's really sad :(

If you guys can drop any tips or anything for me, I would really happy. (even the "practice more" one)
Oh and stream maps I tried to find them on improving threads but those are too hard for me. Do you guys have the easy ones?
Clappy
Find songs you really like even if you can't pass them.

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/74487

I played that song (verdi's summit) countless times, COUNTLESS! Until I was able to play it without much hassle.

From there it's honestly just playing songs you like till osu consumes you.
Topic Starter
timemon

Clappy wrote:

Find songs you really like even if you can't pass them.

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/74487

I played that song (verdi's summit) countless times, COUNTLESS! Until I was able to play it without much hassle.

From there it's honestly just playing songs you like till osu consumes you.
Claris - Colurful is my favorite, but that insane is just too out of reach for me. I focus on playing hard songs that I can pass first!
I heard that sometimes you play fast songs you can develop a bad habit. I have many of those already XD
Noobsicle
tv size maps are a good start
you should take note your favorite maps and their creators, download their other maps etc
Bauxe
I have had songs take me more than 100 tries.

Some 1 try.

Question is pretty broad.
Vuelo Eluko
There's a gargantuan disconnect between when you start passing a song and FCing it.

you probably wont take near as long as me to improve, but just remember, especially when you get into Insanes, when you start passing them is nowhere near when you'll start FCing them.

dat name change doe
DeletedUser_4041880
It takes years and only the true Osu pros can FC maps
Topic Starter
timemon
Almost FC it again ;-; but I'm pretty new on this map.

https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1699453

I love this kind of map where squares and stupid jumps don't exist.
Vuelo Eluko
squares are love
squares are life

all hail blue dragon
LunarFox
FCing is hard. You'll get better eventually and start to FC maps on your first attempt. (you should probably go to a higher difficulty if that happens XD)

It took a few months for me to FC maps but I never really realised because I was just having fun playing maps.
DeletedUser_4041880

timemon wrote:

I'll be laughing when you move on to playing insane maps
Topic Starter
timemon

Frostei wrote:

timemon wrote:

I'll be laughing when you move on to playing insane maps
Some insanes are noob friendly too!
except some insanes that start with huge waves of squares, like it just wants to slap me in the face and says " this is insane bitch"
hersa37
If you want to get to squares, https://osu.ppy.sh/s/33651 is a pretty good start, at least for me. There are squares on the more noob friendly difiicculties, I think it was the 5x5x5 one, I'm not really sure
Vuelo Eluko

timemon wrote:

except some insanes that start with huge waves of squares, like it just wants to slap me in the face and says " this is insane bitch"
just learn the proper technique for them
detailed guide here

RaneFire
I still can't FC the maps I want to.
Topic Starter
timemon

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

timemon wrote:

just learn the proper technique for them
detailed guide here

I can do slow squares (by slow I mean, very slow) It takes me so long to finish a squares. If I try to move faster, I will draw a circle.
btw I just FC'D a hard song on 2nd try worths 36pp but with horrible acc. XD
ryza
it's not about fc'ing

it's about not missing
shavit

Silynn wrote:

it's not about fc'ing

it's about not missing
this ^
LuigiHann
Topic Starter
timemon

Silynn wrote:

it's not about fc'ing

it's about not missing

Does this count :D?
I stopped playing this map for so long because the map was too fast for me.
Now it's too slow! (I increased my mouse sensitivity hue)
Vuelo Eluko
a fc is a fc.

good job, that play is above all your others
Cassia
i usually keep my sensitivity on 1.0 why ? aim becomes really hard when you up the sensitivity all the time ;)
silmarilen

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

There's a gargantuan disconnect between when you start passing a song and FCing it.

you probably wont take near as long as me to improve, but just remember, especially when you get into Insanes, when you start passing them is nowhere near when you'll start FCing them.

dat name change doe
you think that's bad?
try this

Zare
what is fc
Vuelo Eluko
i don't think i could ever be bothered to want a fc a map with such a huge max combo, even when im good enough to, but yeah that is worse but you did get 1x100 so
Kukuthemoogle
It really depends on the map.. It's taken me a up to a month to fc some really hard maps a while ago.
Pengua

Silynn wrote:

it's not about fc'ing

it's about not missing
qft
Sylveon
my advice would be (to improve) get a few maps that are like nearly impossible for you, and arn't ranked. and practise them every day. you wont feel any pressure to fc so you can truly try your best each time. Also its taken me over 250 times to FC a certain 1:30min map and dont think top players fc everything first try.. go look at their play history to see what true dedication is
xasuma

Silynn wrote:

it's not about fc'ing

it's about not missing
Dear god, such wisdom, much deep.
Cocaine dog
Depends on the map, if it's an easy TV Size ar9.. Probably top 5-10 tries, anything above that I feel is useless, just wait a day and somehow the map is much easier than the day before :D
That's how it is for me atleast. :)

But doing ar 9.6 with HD is something else.. That can take loads of tries
B1rd

Noobsicle wrote:

tv size maps are a good start
you should take note your favorite maps and their creators, download their other maps etc
this is just a ranodm question,

what are TV size maps? I assumed they were just high res storyboards and didn't change the actualy gameplay.
Ishkiz

B1rd wrote:

this is just a ranodm question,

what are TV size maps? I assumed they were just high res storyboards and didn't change the actualy gameplay.
TV size refers to the length of the song. It's the part you'll see on TV for the op/ed, hence TV size. Generally ~90 seconds long.