forum

No mod playing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Clappy
Are there any advantages to no mod players opposed to dt,hd,hr players?
Noobsicle
if you're talking about getting pp/ranks, nope
silmarilen
less physical pain
Topic Starter
Clappy
So there's no reason to play with no mods?
Granger
There is, i usually take a look at the beatmap without mods (besides HR, thats always on) before attempting HD or FL. To get a better idea of the map.
But playing exclusively nomod gives you no advantages whatsoever.
Rewben2
Some of the harder maps aren't really doable with mods (yet), there's very few though.
RaneFire

Clappy wrote:

So there's no reason to play with no mods?
Basically, unless you can't play the map with mods.

Granger wrote:

There is, i usually take a look at the beatmap without mods (besides HR, thats always on) before attempting HD or FL. To get a better idea of the map.
Many people dive straight in.
Hitoyomi_old
It teaches you how to read lower AR and there are plenty of CS5/6 high bpm maps that are a pain in the ass to mod FC.
Blueprint
What ever you want to achieve if you enjoy hr or dt and want to be good at them go for it, I'm happy with no mod right now as my current reading ability and aim stands
Vuelo Eluko
it doesn't matter man, you can either play maps that are too easy for you to play without mods and therefore use mods, or play maps that are too hard for you to play with mods and therefore play no mod.
nooblet
In terms of PP, DT > no mod > HR in terms of effort required.
For playing, not that different since you can just pick faster/harder songs.
chox_old
not really, if you like hd you play hd, if you don't mind what dt does to songs and are able to stream fast enough/want to get rank then you play dt, if you pick maps above your skill level you won't be able to play hr on them anyway
Zare
It depends entirely on what you're capable of playing?!?!?!
There's no reason to play DT on 250 BPM jump maps you can't even pass nomod, but playing Nomod on 140 BPM Hard diffs might be boring for you?
Do whatever is fun and/or challenging
Ichi
I´d say only disadvantage is that playing too much hr will lower your reading on ar 9/8. If you´re attempting to go for the OWC as a goal, then you should bear in mind that you should be able to read those AR´s to perfection.
Kouya-
Mods either make it easier or harder for you to play the beatmap ~

Playing the beatmap without mods, well you can certainly get the feel of the AR, see if there are stream etc, and even memorize the beatmap a little bit .
Iceskulls
I play no mod when I want quick pp
Yakuyan
Advantages - Better chance to FC something, You can actually see those overlapping objects when they come, Less stress or lowered blood pressure.
Disadvantages - You wont get as good as rank and might not get any PP unless it is a song that people cant play mods with. Other than that.....nothin

Usually I play hidden for everything unless if there is some annoying overlappers or weird patterns. Or play with DT when the song is too slow or HR when the AR is too low or circles are too big. (Performance: Hidden > Visible Approach Circles :P That's just me ) All in all, the disadvantage is just not getting a better rank than everybody else in a majority of songs which gives you little PP. If you are a casual player, then you shouldn't mind much ;)
Noobsicle

CelsiusLK wrote:

play dt on low bpm tv size maps if you want quick pp
GoldenWolf

Noobsicle wrote:

CelsiusLK wrote:

play dt on low bpm tv size maps if you want quick pp
couldn't agree more

that and koigokoro DT for real quick pp