Total Posts
show more
Noobsicle
cm storm quickfire tk (cherry browns)
Blueprint
aizhid
membrane keyboard ftw
nrl
A Rosewill with black switches. I'd love to try one with linear greys though.
Cocaine dog
Razer blackwidow "standard", not to be confused with Razer Blackwidow ULTIMATE WITH FLASHY LIGHTS & ¤"#!
hersa37

xMaxisx wrote:

this sweet baby

(SteelSeries Merc Stealth gaming keyboard)

I use the Q and W on the gamepad to tap on osu (those big up and up left arrow keys on the left side).
What on earth do you need that for?
Kritzkingvoid
Razer Blackwidow with red switches
Vuelo Eluko

hersa37 wrote:

xMaxisx wrote:

this sweet baby

I use the Q and W on the gamepad to tap on osu (those big up and up left arrow keys on the left side).
im wondering how they could throw so much firmware and bells & whistles and then top it off with the kind of keys used to keep production costs down on office mass production keyboards... "Rubberized movement keys for enhanced tactile feedback" what does that even mean?

not to hate on rubber domes or anything, but a cheap keyboard should be a cheap keyboard, feels like adorning it with so many features is like putting diamonds on a piece of cement... except you cant pry the functionality of that keyboard off for another one once the keys die...
Xanaehla
Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 with blue switches
Maxis

hersa37 wrote:

xMaxisx wrote:

this sweet baby

Lol. I play lots of PC games (like MMOs etc.), so I got a gaming keyboard because it's convenient. I didn't get it specifically for osu (that would be insane), I just happen to use keys on the gamepad for osu.
vsprite
Cm storm trigger cherry mx reds

i use : and " for buttons as im left handed.
AstralPhnx
Some HP thing I found in the back of my wardrobe.

I'm hoping to "upgrade" to an ibm model m sometime within a few weeks so I'll see how that goes.
iNguyen
CM Storm QuickFire Rapid. It's smaller than standard keyboards as it doesn't have a num pad. I find it convenient seeing how it saves space and i don't use the num pad anyways.

theLiminator

Tuxdude143 wrote:

I'm hoping to "upgrade" to an ibm model m sometime within a few weeks so I'll see how that goes.
I recommend you upgrade to a cherry switch instead. Those model m's require a lot of force to depress.
ballplay
quickfire tk red
Kayla
Ducky Shine 3 - Blue Switches
Leopold 210tp - Blue Green Red Brown Black Switches
Quickfire R - Red Switches
Chicklet Laptop Keys
Yaiishi

iNguyen wrote:

CM Storm QuickFire Rapid. It's smaller than standard keyboards as it doesn't have a num pad. I find it convenient seeing how it saves space and i don't use the num pad anyways.

^
With Cherry MX Red Switches
TakuMii
I got a CM Storm QuickFire Stealth with MX Brown switches. I also put in the 1.5mm o-ring dampeners that came with my older Logitech G710+, making it quite a bit quieter. To tell you the truth, I have a rubber-dome keyboard that's louder than this thing :P

I really like this keyboard. The only thing that I'm missing is the lack of macro keys, but that's not that big of a deal.
AstralPhnx

theLiminator wrote:

Tuxdude143 wrote:

I recommend you upgrade to a cherry switch instead. Those model m's require a lot of force to depress.
I would but:
1. I don't have the money for a new keyboard and
2. I already use a membrane keyboard which also requires a decient amount of force to depress. Its not gonna be that big of a change.

Also, you don't have to depress the model m keys the whole way. Just until you hear the click noise and "feel" the key register.
enap
using CMstorm Quickfire with MX blue switches, good stuff
Dexus
Scissor switches have me intrigued due to the low travel distance so I'm debating on getting this and tearing it apart to build something smaller and more sturdy http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6823247003

currently though I use a ducky zero with black switches (soon to switch over to a horo!pad with a variety of switches). Prior to this I used a CM QuickFire TK with red switches (I broke it, gg rage). Brown and blue switches are eh... I don't really like them.

Those looking to get something mechanical you can get a mechanical numpad for cheap instead of investing in a full keyboard.
hersa37

Tuxdude143 wrote:

I would but:
1. I don't have the money for a new keyboard and
2. I already use a membrane keyboard which also requires a decient amount of force to depress. Its not gonna be that big of a change.

Also, you don't have to depress the model m keys the whole way. Just until you hear the click noise and "feel" the key register.
If you play osu, you won't probably have the time to not press the whole way, so even if it registers half way, you might still go all the way. Also, even if you're used to using membranes that are hard to press, using mechs will make it easier for you. I only used a red for one day cause it's not mine, but after going back to my membrane, it feels crappier than it used to be
tokaku

I'm poor, so I got the cheap SG$99 Rosewill RK-9000RE
Yuuribo
the keyboard on my laptop XD
Astar

Quickfire TK Red master race B)
tinko1212
Logitech G105
YukinoDesuDesu
Some white rubber dome keyboard from the 90's.