forum

[resolved] No shader support-Disabling bloom effects?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
chong601
Problem Details:
On osu! build prior to b20140609.10, I can play osu! with shader effects on without issues.
Now everytime i pick a song in the song select, it will give "No shader support-disabling shader effects" or sometimes "no bloom support-disabling shader effects".

I am using Intel HD Graphics 4000 with one version lower than the current one (10.18.10.3496 vs 10.18.10.3621).

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: b20140610.1
Jesss
I can confirm this issue by myself.
The GPU i'm using right now is the AMD Radeon 7770. Driver version 14.10.1006 (Windows 8.1 and 7) Catalyst 14.4 (Windows 8.1 and 7).
Tested on Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 on the same machine and the same issue happens.
osu! was running on Windows 7 when the Screenshot was taken.
Shirayuki
I have tried this earlier, if you turn on just Shader then go to song selection and F2, it will break ...

However, if I also have Softening Filter on, it doesn't break anymore ...

My GPU is the Nvidia GTX 600M
-Kodoku
Same here.

Windows 8.1, Nvidia GTX 580M
Jesss

Shirayuki wrote:

I have tried this earlier, if you turn on just Shader then go to song selection and F2, it will break ...

My GPU is blahblabblah
Worked, but i find kinda useless the use of Antialiasing on a 2D game like osu!
Topic Starter
chong601

Shirayuki wrote:

My GPU is the Nvidia GTX 600M
Confirmed here that enabling Softening Filter doesn't cause Shader Effects disabled and the error no longer pops out (with a penalty on the performance :o )

Just updated to the latest Intel drivers and now i got "No shader support-Disabling bloom effects"

EDIT: edited the title since it looks wrong
ElveXo
Nvidia gtx 660 same problem :( and my game is freezing every 10 sec
newtonseple
I, too, am experiencing this. I'm on Windows 7 with a Radeon HD 7970, and shaders are disabling.
fsvgm777
I can confirm this happening on both the public build (20140610.1) and the test build (b20140610.2test).

I can also confirm that this does not happen when both Shader Effects and the Softening Filter are enabled in the options.

My GPU is the nVidia GeForce GT 540M, and I'm running Windows 7 x64.
Nabile
Same. Nvidia GeForce GTX 770.
Zack
Same here... NVidia GeForce GTX 650 TI Boost...
Howl
Same here.
But if I activate smussing filter this doesn't happen.
NVidia ION.
Dayu
I found the answer !!! :D

It's weird but if you turn on the antialiasing at the same time when you turn on shader tecnology... the error doesn't appear.

Try it

http://fotos.subefotos.com/1f2e844e216c5ba97c52bb64b33ab9e0o.png
Howl

TheHowl wrote:

Same here.
But if I activate smussing filter this doesn't happen.
NVidia ION.

Dayuu wrote:

I found the answer !!! :D

It's weird but if you turn on the antialiasing at the same time when you turn on shader tecnology... the error doesn't appear.

Try it

http://fotos.subefotos.com/1f2e844e216c5ba97c52bb64b33ab9e0o.png
Too late.
LightExists
Same problem here too.

nVidia GTX 780
Dromadan
Same problem here!
Hope it can get fixed.
peppy
Should be fixed in latest test build. Glad to see people actually care about shader support :D.
Topic Starter
chong601
Thanks for the quick fix peppy...
And i actually think that if my PC is a low end PC then nevermind but on GTX 780 or Intel HD 4000 or any Shader Model 1.1+ graphics capable card... well that kind of weird....