forum

[Archived] osu! Randomly restarting when alt tabbing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lorenzo
Problem Details:

Sometimes when I alt-tab away from the game, and alt-tab back in the game restarts itself. (Only occurs when using fullscreen mode.)

osu! version: 20140609.14 (latest)
PatZar
Try use Windowed
i use it too
and works properly
Topic Starter
Lorenzo

Genocide wrote:

Try use Windowed
i use it too
and works properly
I don't like windowed. It gives me more latency.
Topic Starter
Lorenzo
Bump
XPJ38
Is there an error message? What do you mean by "the game restarts", does it crash or anything?
Topic Starter
Lorenzo

XPJ38 wrote:

Is there an error message? What do you mean by "the game restarts", does it crash or anything?
I just alt tab back to the game and it restarts without any kind of notification, the osu logo pops up though like it would when you first load the game.
Topic Starter
Lorenzo
Bump
tsundoll
Mine does this too. No error, just restart from splash screen

It was on both my old PC and new PC, so it's not specific to hardware
Topic Starter
Lorenzo

tsundoll wrote:

Mine does this too. No error, just restart from splash screen

It was on both my old PC and new PC, so it's not specific to hardware
Yup. It's really annoying.
Yomawaru
Happens to me fairly often, too. Where in the game do you alt-tab out from when the restarts occur?
In my case, it's only happened if I alt-tab immediately upon returning to song select (after finishing a song or exiting from it otherwise), before the scoreboard/map status loads.
Bobbias
Osu is crashing when I alt+tab too.

version: 20140615.8
Directx - Fullscreen (1366x768, 120 fps limit)

Crashes started to happen after the latest update. Switching to opengl seems to help.

As for the crashes themselves, the first time, I clicked the taskbar icon and the osu window simply disappeared (but the process was still running, and I had to force kill it). After that, it began showing the crash dialog and saying that there was texture corruption and that I had likely run out of texture memory (although I highly doubt that's a problem considering I've never run into that sort of problem before.)
Kert
probably the same issue - t/217038