forum

[added] Preferring 10-star difficulty scale instead of 5

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Garygoh884
Along with the new star rating system implemented by Ton94, most Insane difficulties are typically rated from 2.5 to 3 stars, which may be confused with the old rating system.

What I would suggest to make this new difficulty rating system to actuate the old system that a preferrence of a 10-star difficulty scale should replace the current 5-star scale.. With this scale, these difficulties will be rated from 5 to 6, which closely resembles the old difficulty scale which most of these maps are rated 4.5 to 5 stars.
oliebol
i kinda like this...
Marcin
Added in test.
Vuelo Eluko
i suppose you could always change the graphic in game so the stars are properly scaled like on the website but that would actually seem less effective than using this idea. I mean, slight differences in difficulty will barely be noticable. oh this song is 3.04 stars but this one is 3.07? dont just add a couple more pixels of star that noone will notice to represent it, group it with the 6 star maps.

The star graphics on the website aren't really looked at anyway, just the number, so I guess it's either this system or add the number in game.

anyway, now for my contribution V

When we start reaching maps that exceed 5 stars on the website, all 10 stars could turn red or something similar to that to signify the herculean levels of difficulty, rather than adding more stars