forum

[resolved] [confirmed] Group box overlaps with "Sort"

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hadis
http://puu.sh/9lCdW/8172fa6dee.jpg

The group box overlaps with "sorting". (at least in the german version)
I tried 4:3 and 16:9 but that doesnt change it.

Is this a problem in other languages aswell?

osu! version: 20140609.10

Edit: I found another one: http://puu.sh/9lEZu/f0e91919f9.png

Edit 2: aaand another one http://puu.sh/9lFhj/591d664211.jpg (im suprised i didnt see those things before... are they new?)

~Hadis
- Marco -

Little overlap in italian
TicClick
ask your respective language channel moderator to shorten the translation where it's possible to keep it fitting in UI elements (or click here)
gonna confirm just for sake of confirming because the above overlap is seen in most languages
Kagamin3-chan
About 50% (checked at the googledoc) of all translations wouldn't fit in this gap without a crappy shortening so I think it's worth a fix.

TicClick wrote:

ask your respective language channel moderator to shorten the translation where it's possible to keep it fitting in UI elements (or click here)
Or you could just check if it's already fixed lOl
Localization-updates always take some days or weeks after the first language update.
peppy
Does anyone have a suggested fix? I'm not too sure what to do here.
Loctav
Scale the font according to letter amount but keep font size consistent across both words?
Realigning according to letter amount might break your design even more, whereas consistent scaling the font size might not break it entirely, since it wouldn't conflict with any other font size consistency in the song selection (I assume?)
peppy
Considered that, but based on the length of some of the translations I've seen, thsi would make the font smaller than the dropdown boxes the labels represent.
XPJ38
Why not shorten the text with "..." if it is too long and when the user hovers it, unshorten and make it scroll leftward to fully reveal it?

Or instead of an ellipsis, a fade out effect like this.
TicClick
there's a plenty of empty space on the left:

why not align "Group: ..." and "Sort: ..." to left?
You can also keep them aligned to right but allow grouping box to move, depending on the length of "Sort" string. That'd probably be the best fix.
Loctav
If you combine ticclicks suggestion with mine (you could even spread out both options a bit so they have more space between each other), you maybe can still scale the font according to letter amount but because there is more space available, you don't need to scale it that much.
peppy

TicClick wrote:

there's a plenty of empty space on the left:

why not align "Group: ..." and "Sort: ..." to left?
You can also keep them aligned to right but allow grouping box to move, depending on the length of "Sort" string. That'd probably be the best fix.
i also considered this, but it's only a fix for widescreen.

i'll figure something out.
Topic Starter
Hadis
Thanks Peppy :)

~Hadis
XPJ38
Fixed.
Piine
ughhhhhhh it's fixed. My OCD is cured :D