[Archived] Osu Lagging

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Stormer3
Still can't get a S on 5 stars QQ
duhizy
new patches we pray, i've done everything that i can think of that might fix this, i am in your hands o godz of osu!
Unsafeman121
From what I've seen ~ since this last update quite a few people have mentioned larger fps drops in the #osu lobby.

I know that I don't have the most powerful of machines, but it was working fine before while now I am seeing significant spikes and random drops :/
BananasGoMoo
Maybe related: I noticed osu uses about twice as much CPU % this last update, but not all the time. It normally uses less than 5% but earlier it was using ~10%. I just checked again about 5 mins ago, and it was back to <5%.
PatZar
try change FPS limiter ( F6 ) or option and type fps
2kol4u
Can confirm since the recent update(https://osu.ppy.sh/p/changelog?v=b20140609.14&l=b20140608.5) I've been getting lag spikes 1~3 times per map. Before the recent patch everything was running smooth tried a few things with no success must be something on their end. The spikes don't make the game unplayable but it makes me drop my combo sometimes, it's very short and random :_:
duhizy
figured it out, the issue is with skins 300 score that comes up when u land a note properly, i kept my skin the same but changed the numbers to a nikov5 skin format where scores of 300 would show nothing but you would see the 100/50's and the lag went away. That said, i generally liked getting confirmation that i was doing well from a shiny blue 300 so i hope they fix this soon.
Kira05
Confirming, OSU started lagging after the last few updates. It is especially obvious on stream-heavy maps.
Nofool
Same problem here, a bit different tho. I'm mostly a taiko player and i just can't play taiko 'cause of lags since last updates, but i have not any lags issues in standart mod. My computer, graphic card etc are bad but it has always been playable before...
Topic Starter
Stormer3
Just use Radeon Pro or whatever nvidia users use and tell go under advanced and make flip queue size 5 so it loads the notes 5 frames ahead. Can't lag rendering something if it's already rendered before you can see it.
Topic Starter
Stormer3
Oh i also use radeon pro for my fps cap not the in game one i don't think it really matters but figured i try it. Also don't forget to enable triple buffering always helps. Lol forgot run radeon pro before i played today 2,285 fps yeah i don't need that much lol.
Topic Starter
Stormer3
figured it out, the issue is with skins 300 score that comes up when u land a note properly, i kept my skin the same but changed the numbers to a nikov5 skin format where scores of 300 would show nothing but you would see the 100/50's and the lag went away. That said, i generally liked getting confirmation that i was doing well from a shiny blue 300 so i hope they fix this soon.
I have my 300's on and i can do tristam's till it's over with no lag so i think it's more of the rendering process in general.
OperaMini0

Stormer3 wrote:

Problem Details: Osu Isn't smooth
I have a amazing gaming computer but even running at 300 fps my game isn't smooth. It lags when i high volume of notes are on the screen.
I'm having that problem, but before that, I had random notes glowing and making osu lag too.
Topic Starter
Stormer3
I'm going to make a video proving my solution works.
[FX] AEM

Kira05 wrote:

Confirming, OSU started lagging after the last few updates. It is especially obvious on stream-heavy maps.
this.
duhizy

Stormer3 wrote:

I have my 300's on and i can do tristam's till it's over with no lag so i think it's more of the rendering process in general.
i tried what u suggested with the radeonpro and the lag was the same, it only goes away when i get rid of the 300's. That being said, i just downloaded radeonpro and don't know how to use it, i just checked triple buffering on everywhere and increased the flip thing to 5 with no change.
Topic Starter
Stormer3
Well some people don't know how to use the program and it's complex to say the least but here's my video.

You have to download it. It's 82mb so it's to big for youtube and youtube is capped at 30 fps and if i'm doing a video about how to fix fps drops that would be counter intuitive to say the least. http://www.mediafire.com/download/j6vd8ruut310o41/The_Big_Black_(Osu).zip

It's about 2 min download it's not a virus it's just a mp4 file i put into a zip to download faster. It's playing The Big Black with Nightcore and Hardrock mod with 59-61 fps solid. Most people that are losing frame rate have drops from about 60 fps to about 43 fps at least this is what i was experiencing.
This song is the heaviest stream song i could find.

I have all setting enabled Snaking Sliders, Background Video, Storyboards, Combo Bursts, Hit Lighting , Shader Effects, Softening Filter.
I'm getting a solid 60 fps while recording which is extremely CPU and GPU intensive. While running my Video Backgrounds (Not .gifs their .Dream Files)
And I'm running at 1920 X 1080 Resolution Borderless with dual monitors.

PC Specs:
8 GB Kingston default Overclocked RAM 2133 Mhz
240 GB OCZ Vertex 4 Solid State
2 TB Western Digital Storage Drive
Intel I-7 2600k Unlocked
Radeon R9 290X Default 1000Mhz Clock
750 Watt Cooler Master Power Supply Gold Certified
duhizy
the issue isn't fps related for me, i used an fps recorder to see if my fps dipped at any point when i was lagging and i never went below 140, the lag does resemble what is caused by low fps tho, I found a fix that worked for my situations so it's fine.
mintong89
Umm yeah I'm getting the lagging too after update the Osu, my system is fine and didn't lag but just Osu, I can't explain it too much because it's just fps dropping. Btw I'm playing Taiko, so I'm of course report the Taiko mode.
Topic Starter
Stormer3
Well it's really rendering in general it seems. By loading the frames before you see them it can help a lot. Some people won't get fps drops but it won't feel smooth.
Garin
used to get 480fps capped didn't move a frame, now i get like 160-200 and it lags like crazy..

Edit: before you ask yes everything is up to date, my computer is pretty godlike so its definitely not my computer the game worked fine yesterday but today.. nope.