forum

What genre of anime do you like and dislike ??

posted
Total Posts
show more
Brent Parker
Hetalia
-SayaKai
Like: History (like some anime related to world war I or something), Comedy, Romance
Dislike: Gore, Ecchi
Luqanted
i like horror and h-18 also ecchi

i dislike yaoi
-shig-

Dislikes: Harem, Reverse Harem, Mecha

The other genres are somewhere in between
Stanvord
Like- Slice of life, Comedy, mabey some romance
Dislike- Mecha, Hentai
Aylen
Dislikes: Slice of Life, Drama, Shoujo
Bundikun
Dislikes:Shounen, Action, Ecchi stuff that is just straight bad.
Nyan Cat Nico
Like: school, music, adventure, action, horror, mystery, comedy

dislike: love, cars, military romance,
Chaosemerald
I enjoy shoujo, romance, fantasy, horror, yuri, seinen and gore anime.
I don't think there's any genres that I hate, but I'm getting a bit tired of the cliché romance animes, where nothing really happens until the end :b
Hakaze Himeko
Like: Comedy, Ecchi, Fantasy, Romance
Dislike: Mecha, Sci-Fi

I don't really like anything that involves robots or technology :<
ciara_old_1
dislikes: slice of life, mecha, ecchi
[- LenoxHD -]
Hate: Yaoi, Ecchi

Like: Comedy, Slice of Life, Music, Action, Romance, Sci-Fi, Historical, Psychological, Mystery, Military, and Supernatural (There may be some genre's i'm missing)
_sparky_
Ryoid
Likes: Action,Comedy,Slice of life,Gender bender,Mystery,Horror,Shoujo,Music,Adventure,and Fantasy

Hate: Ecchi,Mecha,Scifi,Sport,Romance,Yuri,Especially YAOI( I HATE YAOI so MUCH )
Alverynn
Likes: Ecchi, Harem, Action, Comedy, Slice of life, Mystery, Horror, Gore, Fantasy, Adventure, Sci-fi, Yuri

Hates: Mecha, Sports, Drama, Romance, Yaoi, Music
Umaru Doma[1]
I love all genre except slice of life because slice of life make me sad.
Lacrimae
dislikes: harem, romance (usually)
Zid
Dislikes: Drama, Magic, Supernatural, Harem
Husa
like: action, adventure, comedy, romance, shounen, magic, supernatural, mystery, music, school life, drama, ecchi and Fantasy
dislike: HAREM omg, yuri and yaoi? hmm
Yuki Kaizuka
Like: Action, drama, psychological, mecha, thriller, horror, mystery
Dislike: ecchi, harem, yaoi, yuri
einna
likes: adventure, comedy, romance, psychological, school life
dislikes: drama, ecchi, harem, mecha, tragedy
hoetology
like: 99.9% of all of them
dislike: yuri
raszka
Like: Psychological, Thriller, Mistery, Horror (this one I feel like it's 10x times better on manga, generally anime studios can't portray well horror), Drama, School, MAHOU SHOUJO (this one was incredibly good BACK THEN, a rollercoaster of happiness and sadness, truly those kind that change your childhood)
somewhere in the middle: Romance, Slice of Life, Shoujo, Seinen, Magic, Sports, Action,
Dislikes: OVERdrama, otomes, yaoi, comedy (debatable, I just feel like a comedy anime that doesn't make you laugh is the worst thing ever that's all), most of shounen, harem, ecchi (it's only bad when the anime is made exclusively for ecchi lovers, no plot etc. I don't think I dislike when they sexualize characters, it's good as a side genre but definitely not as a main), FANTASY (only in animes, I do like the genre when it comes to manga&novels), mecha (this is just personal, I don't like those things when I see some).
[ Pingu ]
like: comedy, school, slice of life, horror (sort of?)
dislike: SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS mecha SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS romance SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS
7ambda

[ Pingu ] wrote:

dislike: SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS mecha SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS romance SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS
hey bro, do you like Yuri on Ice?
Jun Maeda
Like: Music, Comedy, Horror, Drama, Harem, Ecchi, Hentai, Yuri

Dislike: Sports, Yaoi
radda
sol

not sol
DeletedUser_10382372
Green Platinum

MaferUchiha wrote:

the animes that I like are shonen, shoujo, psychological, gore, seinen, school comedy, OP'S, mistery suspense and thriller :D

and the animes that I don't like are ecchi, hentai, and harem (somes of harem, not all ) :|
The hell is OP'S?
captainmilk
Likes: Psychological, horror, slice of life, comedy, shounen, and seinen
Dislike: mecha

I like all the genres really, but I can't stand Mecha the most, I have exceptions for Evangelion though, since it's so good. Guilty Crown and Gurren Lagann were really boring though.
wytrych
like; romance, psychological, yuri, horror, comedy, drama, mystery, shounen, fantansy, magic, ecchi
dislike; yaoi, harem, slice of life, mecha
ChinoKawaii_old
My Likes :
- Yuri (hell yeah)
- School life (ok)
- ecchi (yahhoo)

My Dislike
- Mecha (ww)
- Yaoi (fuk)
- Supernatural (kinda dislike)

Its my preference but as long I think its good story I will watch anything (except for mecha and yaoi)

I LOVE MANGA TIME KIRARA
Abie
Ecchi
Magic
Adult ( yeah I like those kinda of anime/manga )
School
Slice of Life
Yuri ( only if it's Citrus )
Mystery and Drama ( Kakegurui for example )

I hate horror and excessively bloody anime tho
Just find that disgusting
Green Platinum

Abielove wrote:

Ecchi
Magic
Adult ( yeah I like those kinda of anime/manga )
School
Slice of Life
Yuri ( only if it's Citrus )
Mystery and Drama ( Kakegurui for example )

I hate horror and excessively bloody anime tho
Just find that disgusting
Doesn't sound like a genre you know much about if it is "Only Citrus" but considering Kakegurui is your go to example for Mystery I don't think you have seen very much at all.
Abie

Green Platinum wrote:

Doesn't sound like a genre you know much about if it is "Only Citrus" but considering Kakegurui is your go to example for Mystery I don't think you have seen very much at all.
indeed. Kakegurui and Charlotte are probably the only mystery anime ive watched ever.
maybe alice in a borderland or smthing.

I read a lot more manga than I watch anime tho and I prefer watching/reading ecchi/school/romance/adult or smut type of stories anyway. or action/adventure like The Breaker Manhwa

Citrus is also one of my favorite mangas ( coupled with AKB48 ) and pretty much the only yuri ive watched ( if fruit basket doesn't count as yuri ).
I pretty much only watch it because its one of my favorite manga and im not even a fan of the anime adaptation.
Caput Mortuum
Supernatural, Psychological, Romance, Drama, Game

dislikes:
Fantasy, Shounen, Slice of life, Magic

Probably the main factor for me is the setting tbh, I just can't enjoy most anime/movie with fantasy setting for some reason
-Hannabi
Dislikes: Yuri, Harem, and hentai.
schilar
I like all genres if they're executed right, except when it comes to hentai and stuff like that.
Styuwd
Welp I like: Fantasy, Action, Comedy, Slice of Life, Litterature, Horror, Drama, Mistery, Romance and normally with good cover.
I hate: Yaoi and too fast paced anime that ruin some moment
nikky
Likes : Slice of Life, Drama, Romance, Ecchi sometimes, Mystery, Psychological, little bits of Horror
Dislikes : Yaoi ( ofc ), slow-paced romance, Arcs in Anime ( like Amagami SS, make the story of a girl longer m8 )
show more